It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At what point will you say you were wrong?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
How many more years do we need to keep living "the good life" before some of you more rabid theorists say "wellll maybe not..."? Like if Obama only gets one term he's prolly not the antichrist... or we have no financial meltdown, collapse of society, gun grab or any crazy change in government intrusion into your life? I'm just curious...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
When I die of old age, surrounded by loved ones. I will say "well, that NWO theory was a load of old BS, wasn't it"

Until then....IT'S ALL TRUE !!11!!ONE!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by miragezero
How many more years do we need to keep living "the good life" before some of you more rabid theorists say "wellll maybe not..."? Like if Obama only gets one term he's prolly not the antichrist... or we have no financial meltdown, collapse of society, gun grab or any crazy change in government intrusion into your life? I'm just curious...

Life is what you make it and how you roll with it. I don't know what you call the "good life" but I call it every day that I can still be who I am without fear of being blindsided by TPTB and their ridiculous legislation that tries to convince me that out of control spending and printing money will solve the astronomical debt of our nation without harming the hopes and dreams (let alone futures) of my children. K?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
ill admit im wronge when im proven wronge with out a shadow of doubt till then ill continue to operate under the assumption that what i know is probly correct.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
there is definitely an international group of people who pull the strings, so i dont know what else there is to be wrong about.

if you start making claims as to what day they will plan a false flag op or someother thing like that then yea you can be wrong.

but to just come out and say that there isnt any group of guys meeting in secret about world policy is just blatantly ignoring whats in front of you.

sure they may not be the devil. and they may not try to burn your children on a stake.

they are sending people to die for things that dont matter, and they are trying to get a 1 world government (for the good or bad). it is happening.

just who knows when

groups of powerful people have always craved ultimate power, and i dont see that changing.

the real question is, "Is the NWO for GOOD OR BAD"

if we end up in space and mars and stuff then awesome im all down. if we end up in boilers and gas chambers, then prob not so good....

[edit on 6/23/2009 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
So basically it seems that people will give up the ghost when either they get their Libertarian Utopia or when they feel like it, great.

I'm on the other side of the fence here, I don't believe there is some sinister NWO waiting to take over the world and oppress me and kill everyone I love. When would I change my mind? I'll do one better here. I have stated before that I, being a journalist, could quite easily be convinced if someone will show me evidence that is at the standard of what we could report on. On top of this, if you can give me this evidence, I will make sure the world hears about it. It would be the biggest news story in generations, and I am obligated to make sure the citizens of this planet hear about that.

So far, and oh yes I have looked quite a bit, I have yet to find anything that comes even close to proof for the existence of this conspiracy, nor has anyone else been able to come up with any either. Glenn Beck and Alex Jones are not what I would ever consider to be reliable sources. Both are ideologues masking as journalists. Beck makes massive jumps in logic and leaves out huge facts that would be inconvenient to his Libertarian agenda. On top of this he is sensationalist and injects his own fragmented prophecies of the future into his reporting in a way that makes it very hard to differentiate reality from what Glenn wants reality to be.

As for Alex Jones, he's completely insane. His connections make even less sense, he never cites sources and ends up just screaming incoherently into the mic like some rabid dog who's mind has melted away.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

i agree about alex. his connections are off the wall at best, and usually ends up trying to scare people (ie Obama deception about the fire alarms... whoopity do thats a huge conspiracy)

but glenn doesnt want that to happen. hes reporting it as he sees, and you would see to, if you actually did your digging that you claim to have done.

but what have you seen in the news that is actually positive for the country, if everything is peaches n cream to you?

edit: by the way, what makes you the super reporter that you claim to be, if bill cooper, alex jones, and the rest cant push it out there enough, how can you?

[edit on 6/23/2009 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

wait a sec. are you telling me theres no proof? what about the bilderbergers, skull and bones, the bohemian club ect? theres plenty of evidence out there thats not hard to verify.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
When have I ever been wrong?

Basically, I have to have evidence and/or a gut feeling that I am wrong. Also, if you come at me in anger, chances are I will not care about what your evidence is as I just get defensive like most people do.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

Well I never said that everything is peachykeen, just that I'm not a believer in the NWO.

In fact I'm not one of the journalists that is sucking up to President Obama all the time. I'm still not at all sold on the bailouts or nationalizations, in fact I think the whole issue with GM has been a lot of very bad decisions and ideas rolled into one massive ball that is going to be very hard to get going in the right direction, if it even can be at this point.

I think what is happening in California with our budget out here is one of the scariest things in American history. The cuts that have had to be made in the services of state government are going to probably kill several people and leave many more in abject poverty. The referendum system needs to be changed here, period.

That said, there are some things that are looking up. As someone born in another country, I can say personally that I think President Obama's handling over international affairs has been stellar. He is the first president to follow the United States Military's advice on the handling of North Korea, and has taken the very responsible decision to remain out of the issues on Iran's potential new revolution. He has repaired many of our relations with our allies, including my home country, and helped to create a much more fraternal international voice of cohesion. The United States and China seem to have realized their symbiotic nature and are closer than ever, and even Russia has settled down from their neo-imperialistic rumblings.

I do believe that the world is a better place today than it was a year or two ago, there are still some very serious issues facing us as Americans today, but we have worked through worse before and I do have faith that we will make it through this too. I just hope we're making progress in the right direction on things like the economy.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

As usual a journalist with jaded eye's and can't see the forest for the tree's. When people can't see the manipulation that surrounds us, I have to ask what their true agenda is and in this case I have no illusions that our entire financial existence and the usurpation of our rights in all countries is real. It is being manipulated by a certain few and that is what is being called the NWO. It might not be a "New" world order because it has been going on for at least two centuries, but it is a conspiratorial agenda to control the populace of this world! It;s right in your face!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I think it's still a little early for Obama, but there are still people who feel G.W. is going to declare himself dictator of the world. The newest one I've seen (yesterday), and one of the goofiest, is that Bush has a nuclear bomb he is going to use some how to take over the world.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

so even though you are reporting on these things (within the whitehouse im assuming) you dont think theres a motive behind any of the bailouts, or gm possession, or ties between leaders that goes above them?

what about obamas "unwillingness" to condemn the govt of iran for killing its civilians?

he probably doesnt want to let people here think its ok to protest imo, but im off topic.

i still do what i want everyday, but im not so sure how soon that will change.

passes to cross state lines. cant own guns because of speeding tickets. cant oppose anything the government says without persecution as a terrorist.

these havent happened yet, but doesnt look like it will be far off.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by krill

wait a sec. are you telling me theres no proof? what about the bilderbergers, skull and bones, the bohemian club ect? theres plenty of evidence out there thats not hard to verify.

I'm quite sorry, but I have looked into these things personally. I've met a great many of the people said to be involved in these issues, and it's not at all what believers of the NWO are making it out to be. There is this idea, among people that believe in such things, that if something is strange (Bohemian, Skull & Bones), very powerful (The Rothschilds, IMF, Federal Reserve System), very different to your ideas (Bilderbergers, the COFR, United Nations), or very secretive (Freemasons, the CIA, the NSA) then it must somehow be evil.

What people see in the NWO is mostly conjecture and making leaps in logic because of a fear of authority or the unknown. It's quite interesting how whenever anyone says on this forum that they have not seen the evidence, they are just yelled at for not looking hard enough. It is quite possible, as in my case, to see the exact same evidence that you NWO theorists have seen, and to either not believe it or see it for what it is: flawed.

One meets a lot of people in the news business, with my background I've been even luckier than most. People are people, the ones in charge of very important institutions are actually a lot like the average everyman. I've seen the so-called evidence of the NWO, a great deal of it, and I am terribly sorry to all of those whom believe seriously in it, but I do not find it compelling at all.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by miragezero

how long are people like you gonna believe in an establishment/media that on one hand can declare people insane if they believe John F. Kennedy's (the last true patriot pres.) assassignation involved more than 1 gunman?
on the other hand through the very same channel of that establishment/media ,they try to convince people that; oh the poor kennedys they really must have a curse
on them. oooooooooooohh the spooky kennedy curse. there's even a
book on the "The Kennedy Curse" i really have to ask you wtf? i mean
thats really nutty. i got news for you pal.what they did to an unarmed man
that day in Dalles,on national live t.v. in front of God and everybody.
they would do to every man women and child in this country,including you.
just to get thier way.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mahtoosacks

so even though you are reporting on these things (within the whitehouse im assuming) you dont think theres a motive behind any of the bailouts, or gm possession, or ties between leaders that goes above them?

what about obamas "unwillingness" to condemn the govt of iran for killing its civilians?

he probably doesnt want to let people here think its ok to protest imo, but im off topic.

i still do what i want everyday, but im not so sure how soon that will change.

passes to cross state lines. cant own guns because of speeding tickets. cant oppose anything the government says without persecution as a terrorist.

these havent happened yet, but doesnt look like it will be far off.

I'm not in the White House directly, and in the interest of disclosure, I've only met Obama in passing when he was campaigning for the presidency not since. I do know the Clintons rather well and have met the Bushs. I report mostly on international affairs, particularly those dealing with politics and economics.

As for Iran, President Obama has actually made it appear that he supports the rights of the protesters to conduct their activities, however it would actually be horrible for them, if he did come out directly in support of them. See the Iranian government has made quite a business of claiming the United States is behind every single bad thing to ever happen to them. If the United States officially came out and supported them, it would turn many of the undecided Iranian citizens, especially those in the vital working class, violently against the protesters. By giving them our thumbs-up, those against the current Iranian government would be decimated. Our hands are actually effectively tied on this one, and thankfully President Obama understands this.

To your next point, no, none of this has happened yet. Just yesterday I crossed a state line, the only thing that changed was the shape of the state-highway signs. I own a gun, many of my friends own many more guns than I do. I've gotten a speeding ticket before and I've never had any problems purchasing anything legally. I openly oppose many of the things the government does; I especially opposed many of the things that the Bush Administration did. I've pissed off both sides pretty well, and honestly I've never had any problems with it in a government context.

None of the things you brought up here are happening, you admit that fully, but just because some state passes a law saying that if you've committed a violent crime you don't get a gun anymore, does not mean that they are going to take yours away for a citation. I've never seen anything on a federal-level that would make the states more separate, that's counterproductive in the extreme. On top of this the very fact that we can speak like this here, and that Alex Jones (whom we both agree is a nutter) and their lot can keep talking to America every day proves that we still have great freedom of speech here in this country.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

im never once yelled at you or said you werent looking hard enough. but the biderberg group for one is very real, and its very much against the law for a seated politition to meet with a group of foreign nationals to discuss policy in secret.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

you know you need to stop w/ the mad scientist crap ok its old now!

all that take over the world @#$#@ grow up! it's about the ever increasing encrouchment into our personal lives and thier obvious slow erosion of the liberty's that those who came before us fought and died for . including
John Kennedy AND HIS BROTHER jOE!!!! which is more than anybody can say about any any of the creeps running around washington today.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by krill

im never once yelled at you or said you werent looking hard enough. but the biderberg group for one is very real, and its very much against the law for a seated politition to meet with a group of foreign nationals to discuss policy in secret.

If that is in fact against the law and not just an issue of interpretation, then I do fear for America as almost all of our treaties and alliances are void by that definition. In fact it would even have been illegal for Bobby Kennedy to meet with the Soviet Ambassador secretly which ended the Cuban Missile Crisis. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Coming on this site has turned me into a skeptic. At first i believed in the NWO, listened to Alex jones and believed in UfO's. after a few months on here ive seen very little credible evidence to support anything. I always tend to start leaning towards the skeptics points of view, as they seem to make more sense and don't jump to conclusions.

I want to believe, but the more time i spend on here the less i believe, which is why this site is so good

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join