It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's Game, and acceptance of Guilt.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Just saw this on another site. Not sure if this is where to put it.

Here's a quote from the McDonald's Game website.....

For decades McDonald’s corporation has been heavily criticized for his negative impact on society and environment. There are inevitably some glitches in our activity: rainforest destruction, livelihood losses in the third world, desertification, precarization of working conditions, food poisoning and so on… Denying all these well founded accusations would be impossible so we decided to create an online game to explain to young people that this is the price to pay in order to preserve our lifestyle. We’ll continue on our way, with our well-known determination. Join us and have fun with us! Ronald McDonald

Link to site

Haven't played the game, but I thought the quote speaks volumes.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Nice find, it's a parody and there are some cool links on the site, it'd be pretty good to get little kids playing this...

Wonder how long before the big evil shut it down?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Thanks, it's early A.M. here and my brain went to sleep a while ago, so thanks for pointing that out.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
wow i just played the game and its kinda of disturbing at bit that this is targeting kids,u can slaughter the cows,inject there food with hormones or waste,tear down villages and forest

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Unbelievable. I stopped eating Mcdonalds, well fast food in general, after seeing the movie Fast Food Nation, not because of it being nasty, but because of the plight of the animals. I still buy local meat from a local butcher, we are lucky to have that I guess. I feel like this is another attempt at desensitizing people, particuarly children, to the plight of all involved in the process of McDonalds, clearly.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Very disturbing, I went back and played the game a little, I was told 'shame on you, you bankrupted our company' because I kept adding cows to graze.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MAB19

Respectfully, I disagree, I think if more children knew about the horrors involved in fast food, they'd stay away. The site and game are clearly ANTI-McRonalds...

I'm a dirty meat eater, but haven't eaten fast food in about 3 years and before that very rarely. I remember the last time I had a McD's, I got a really upset stomach and felt really ill for a few hours.

Nasty stuff.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

yea your right it just depends on what kind of kids play it,some will see it and think bad about it but others will play it and maybe even like it or not even notice how disturbing it is and just are focused on winning,depends on how the kid is raised & how they percieve it

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MAB19

As an aside and not wanting to derail this, it's why I'm mostly against censorship - within reason adults show be allowed to consume whatever, as for kids: BRING BACK PARENTING!

If I had a child, I'd probably show them this game and explain to them what it was about and how these things work, they've got a far wider scope for learning than an adult, as long as we're making an effort to be involved and educate them, maybe we'll stop churning out serial killers etc.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

i totally agree with you,thats what it basically comes down to but sad part is,parents wont even blink a eye about it

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MAB19

I'm going to keep an eye on the site and wait until this thread turns into "McDonalds sue website".

If I get some time spare, I'll give it a play.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The process by a group called Skinny Puppy recorded before any of this mentions exactly the displacement-replacement mind control the elites use on people. Taking them out of there element with temptation or ridicule.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Talking about not eating fast food, the last time I ate McDonalds with the choice was the day I watched Supersize Me.

Fast food is sometimes necessary, eating it often is not.

BTW I think this game is awesome.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Either I'm really terrible at computer games or it's designed to make you fail (I hope the latter)...

There's other cool games on the site too, worth making it into my favourites for killing the odd 5 minutes.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
wow nice find OP, Mc donalds along with many other companies are evil companies... but I guess you can't be a multi-billion dollar profit company while being 'good'.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I found a link to this article on the game's "coverage and shows" page:

Video Games Are The Best Revenge

The old adage is, never pick a fight with someone who buys ink by the barrel. These days, Big Business also is learning not to antagonize video game designers. As Mitsubishi, McDonald's (MCD ), and FedEx (FDX ) Kinko's found out, they can get nasty and mock your product by making a game of it. Increasingly, the spoofs are popping up on the Web.

Software engineer Shawn McGough says he created Melting Mitsubishi after the paint on his new Mitsubishi Lancer wore away just months after purchase. Players must zap raindrops and spinning Mitsubishi logos away from a yellow Lancer before its paint melts off. In an anti-McDonald's game created by Molleindustria, an Italian company specializing in games for activists, players switch back and forth between a McDonald's farm, feedlot, restaurant, and headquarters. Players can boost their score by fattening cows with hormones and firing inefficient workers, hitting on themes familiar to critics of Big Food. If profits dip, an evil-looking Ronald McDonald admonishes: "Shame on you, you bankrupted the company!"

Businessweek

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

That's what I thought. Wonder why some people thought McD's would actually make such a statement.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

When is fast food like Mcdonalds ever necessary exactly? I can't think of any time that it is....Oh and parents should definitely educate their kids on these things, sadly most don't or simply don't care. Cooking should also be taught by parents, and i mean REAL cooking... kids are not being taught an absolutely essential skill, the basic art of cooking is being lost, what a sad sentence to say...

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Solomons]

top topics

join