It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama sent me an email!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthFairie

No one that I know got this email. I didn't get it, and I'm even registered on the White House and Obama websites. *shrug*

You can forward it to me and I'll volunteer for you? ^_^ I do enough to cancel out those who don't "feel like it."

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthFairie

Obama sent me an email!

www.whitehouse.gov

Dear Friend,

Last week, I announced United We Serve – a nationwide call to service challenging you and all Americans to volunteer this summer and be part of building a new foundation for America
(visit the link for the full news article)

Here's the part that I don't ever want to hear about America - "After all, America’s new foundation"...

Why do we need a new foundation? I think the old foundation is still solid, it's called the Constitution.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Why do we need a new foundation? I think the old foundation is still solid, it's called the Constitution.

Well the last eight years certainly proved that idea wrong now hasn't it?

Yes the Constitution is great, it would be better if our government adhered to it.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
[edit on 23-6-2009 by upnorthtrip]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mahtoosacks
i was a boyscout (by choice), and was wanting to join the military till i got hurt. since then i have been working on computers and doing random labor work to make ends meet. for the past 3 years I've been building websites. i am just now trying to get my business license so i can finally get my wayupdesigns.com site legit (i know my info is on whois and don't really care if anyone finds me. I'm not some psycho anti-gov whack-job so why should i worry). i have a lot going on in my day even if it doesnt look like it.

on the other hand. i have tons of free time.
step 1. put down the video games and remote, and go outside once in a while. you'll be surprised how nice it is out there. i bet most of you glow in the dark you've been inside hiding from hidden government agents and haarp so long.

step 2. put down the alcohol/drugs and go outside and wash your car (if its legal in your area, although we have had lots of rain so you should be fine), or get your haircut (you look like a scary person) or put down the wall of hate you've built up.

step 3. look at what you CAN do people around you.
i don't see why everyone is SO BLATANTLY adamant against helping the country out a little. if definitely needs it, and if you hadn't been so against everything about it for so long, maybe it wouldn't be in as bad shape as it is today.

i don't want to see people with bar codes being forced to pick up trash (unless they are prisoners with legit crimes--joking btw), but i do want people to stop being such jerks about doing something good once in awhile instead of just being a drain. i know you may say i pay taxes and I'm not a drain. well obviously taxes aren't enough, as you can throw money at a solution all day and never fix it. not until you actually run through it with a fine-toothed comb and pick out every little parasite that is causing the mess.

i think the Obamas (which I'm a Ron Paul supporter, but i will support our president no matter who it is as long as they aren't some crazed dictator, which potus is kinda turning out to be, but we will see) are onto something good here. if you are a lazy POS bum who does nothing but kick kittens and hate on cheerleaders (which are equally as awesome as annoying -- not the kittens mind you), then i say "get outside and do something for someone else other than YOU ya selfish bass turd. it wont kill you, in fact, you might enjoy being something other than the loony with a tin-foil hat. others might like you too, after you take a shower of course.

ill probably get a lot of hate from this, but i don't care. something needs to change, and maybe its not the government, its the citizens. i think if the citizens changed, then the government would have to follow suit and things would go back to normal.

instead of pointing and saying that the masses are the retarded ones, look at yourself and the path you have carved out in your wake. if you haven't done anything, then you are to blame just as much as those who are directly responsible.

i think there's a few things we could do to start changing things here in America. and it could be really simple.

buy bio-degradable products, and dont litter.

don't dump poisons on your yard.

don't willfully buy poisons to put in your body (from soft drinks to drugs).

get out and mingle with everyone you can and offer solutions (dont yell at or call killers, noone responds well to that and you only look psycho) to the best way to get things done.

pick up after yourself.

buy American.

stop driving so much, unless you can use an alternate fuel.

invest your time in your community (you know like they used to before TVs and internet). it doesn't have to be a chore, and you might get to call out the Ahole politicians to their face, instead of through some online outlet that they will never see and no one really cares about. honestly.

for real. it would only take a little, and then we wouldn't have politicians breathing down our necks and trying to force it on us. its the collectives fault for being so damned lazy and wanting everything to happen instantly that has done this to us.

TPTB are just a bunch of idiots anyways. they have all the money in the world, yet they still cant stop us from finding what they are doing. so get out there and challenge them upfront, instead of skulking in the shadows and grumbling at things no one will ever here you grumble about.

maybe its all the incessant whining over why things are happening thats getting to me, or maybe its the nanobot brain-washing bugs i drank with my starbucks coffee drink from the gas station this morning, but this campaign for volunteers is a sign that people need to start doing something, before we dont have a voice at all and are forced to do the work still.

Thank you!

I was about to post but you did a nice job here.
Peace

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

So your answer to those who believe it's none of the governments business how we spend our time, energy or resources is to tell everybody how to spend their time energy and resources?

Perfect! Why didnt I think of that? Or, you could take the same message I offer the gov't at every opportunity...LEAVE ME ALONE!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

thats the thing tho.

IM NOT TELLING YOU THAT YOU HAVE TO.

im saying that if you actually did do those things, then we wouldnt be here in the first place. when will people start acting like adults, and stop being so lazy

edit: do ya wanna be lazy or have choices

[edit on 6/26/2009 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I get emails regularly from the Democratic Party, by request.

If you don't want to contribute any thing other than your tax dollars to your country, then by all means, don't.

Nobody is going to "make you".

I personally thought the idea was fine. It's in keeping with the "ask not, what your country can do for you.........but ask, what you can do for your country, JFK. ............................"

That's all it is. Nothing to get all worked up about.

If you choose to call a message from the President of the United States
"spam", then you can always beef up your security program!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join