It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Castles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Hmmm, now castles are historical landmarks, what if the British Intelligence Agency had some sort of secret base under a alrge castle, that would the last place people would look for a base wouldn't it?

Shattered OUT...

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Good idea, they prolly do, i mean US has alot of bases under mountains, why not a castle, well actually dont alot of castles has Crypts under them? or something to that statue?

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Considering all the tourist activity they get (especailly from us Americans - we don't have cool castles!) I think the government would have to be pretty sneaky.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Well actually, the tourists only realize the beauty of the castle, not the more specific details, people looking for bases would be looking in remote regions, and not large areas heavily populated, it is quite easy to keep a secret under the nose of many people, but under the nose of a few, that is a true challenge.

Shattered OUT...

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
It would be difficult to move large numbers of people in an out on a daily basis. Unless they lived and worked there, or the entrance to the secret base was in a remote area, and long tunnels were used to get people to the base.

I think it would be difficult for a large base. Maybe a small base with a handful of people could do it. Code breakers and such. They could go to work looking like someone who worked at the castle.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
i think castles are cool. we dont have any here in 'merica cause we are too cool for castles. we don't need no castles and stuff cause our houses are made of extra-tough wood!

part of the time where I was acting like a total idiot. this post does not refelct the true motives and perspectives I have at heart

[Edited on 5/4/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega
i think castles are cool. we dont have any here in 'merica cause we are too cool for castles. we don't need no castles and stuff cause our houses are made of extra-tough wood!

part of the time where I was acting like a total idiot. this post does not refelct the true motives and perspectives I have at heart

[Edited on 5/4/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

A normal person would call that sarcasm.

Well either way, it would actually make sense to ut a base under a castle, no one would look there closely enough, a strong foundation.

Shattered OUT...

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Sounds like Castle Wolfenstein
But seriously, im sure there could be some castles... where the public isn't invited?

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Considering the weight involved with all that stone, digging under a castle seems a bit unrealistic.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Carving out a mountain would be just as hard...
But we've done that here in the U.S.

I think that a castle could be used as a secret base. They would be an ideal location for a military base because most castle's were originally built in very fortified areas, or areas that had an excellent view of it's surroundings... both important factors for a military base.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Considering the weight involved with all that stone, digging under a castle seems a bit unrealistic.

Castles were built on dungeons, all there needs to be done is to open it up more, it is alot harder digging into a mountain.

Shattered OUT...

new topics

top topics

join