It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. launches another drone plane to patrol Canadian border

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   

U.S. launches another drone plane to patrol Canadian border

www.cbc.ca

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security launched another unmanned surveillance aircraft over the Canadian border on Monday, this time in the Great Lakes area, to try to stem the flow of drugs, migrants and terrorists into the country, U.S. officials told CBC News.

The U.S. has been using the Predator B drone aircraft to patrol its border with Mexico.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.insitu.com
www.microdrones.com

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Isn't it interesting to see how everything eventually falls back to assure us all that we cannot be attacked or harmed.

It is as if nothing can enter nor exit any predefined area without the specific authority knowing your intentions. Lets not forget what happened only two years ago which follow's in the youtube link below.

But don't despair, you too can have your eye in the sky for a very little amount and naturally you would need to check your local FAA regulations.

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Yes, you'd better beward of those warlike Canadians! Vimey Ridge aside, Canada doesn't really have a vast history of conducting foreign wars far from home...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Oh yes, because don't you know here in Canada we are famous for smuggling drugs into the US,sneaking into your country, and oh yeah...plotting terrorist attacks against the US...EH????
Ya know EH?
TAKE OFF YOU HOSERS and keep your drone planes where they belong..patrolling the Florida coast, and Mexico.
*Raises a bottle of superior beer to you..cheers!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I was also surprised at this news, just could not make heads or tales of this. Funny i always thought America and Canada held common views. I guess all that fresh air the Canadians are inhaling is dangerous, obviously they think too freely and must be put under control fast..!

[edit on 23-6-2009 by tristar]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
But i am disappointed at the U.K. police force.

My question to the minister would be:

Why do Americans and Canadians have Hawk Drones which are big bad a$$ drones and we get these puny micro drones. Why cant we locate and monitor a person from 10km away..i mean why...?....why..?

'Microdrone', the police's tiny eye in the sky

In size and appearance it may resemble a toy - and the fact that it can squirt a jet of water on to unsuspecting people's heads may add to that impression - but this is in fact a £25,000 hi-tech crime-fighting machine.

A remote-controlled and almost silent miniature helicopter, the "Microdrone" can act as a police commander's eye in the sky, capturing images with both a video and an infra-red camera and instantly transmitting it to operators on the ground up to 500 yards away.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Isn't that obvious?

(This is no jab at Americans before you start!) the Americans just love everything bigger, faster, louder than what the other guy has. It's a massive country they got loads of room so why not? Cars are bigger and louder (most US cars won't even fit UK roads) hell even your burgers and shakes are twice the size!

Americans go for the intimidation technique, we're a little more reserved and hide in the bushes till you walk past then jump you from behind

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsallCrazy
reply to post by tristar

we're a little more reserved and hide in the bushes till you walk past then jump you from behind

Hey thanks a million, just spilt my coffee laughing over your last lines...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsallCrazy

Yep it's how we dominated a vast part of the world

(no jab at the yanks) but seriously you make EVERYTHING to big, it's gonna be your downfall that..one day...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

Yeah I still find it strange that we managed that from such a small island.. it's a conspiracy in itself!

Tristar - sorry about the waste of coffee I just couldn't help myself

I can understand the drones being used on the Mexican borders.. big levels of people crossing the border, heightening violence seen aswell, but what is it exactly they're expecting to be crossing the Canadian border?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Oh yes, they be using these drone things to monitor things eh...

The predator spies...

*Coke from south america*
Operator: "Stop it - can't have competition."

*Canadians*
Operator: "Shooot the hockey mad bastards."

*Flock of illegal immigrants*
Operator: "What illegal immigrants?"

*Unidentified flying object*
Operator: "scramble F16s, we need to shoot it down."

*BC buds in a 4wd on some dirt track from Canada*
Operator: "I'm taxing that!"

And the list goes on....

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

I would have said they'd take the coke aswell as the 4wd

George Bush is running low on stuff to sprinkle on his cornflakes.

There's gonna have to be another reason for this other than immigrants.. drugs is a good one but I'm still confused as to what an unmanned drone is gonna do.. it'll take a while to call in ground units to either border if something is detected..

Reckon they have a loudspeaker thats linked to the command centre? Like they see you hiding in some bushes and the next thing there's a plane shouting abuse at you lol

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Ill be honest here, i am actually dumb founded as to what exactly are they protecting the Canadian border from. Its not like the Mexican border as mentioned above.

Although viewing some ice hockey games im sure some of those hockey players could be considered as a national threat. There just too f##king crazy.

Is the U.S. expecting Russian's to come from within Alaska, but thats almost impossible since the Russian's and Canadians must first play ice hockey as they are rivals since i can record or should i say the games of the 70's, now those were violent games.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
Oh yes, they be using these drone things to monitor things eh...

The predator spies...

*Coke from south america*
Operator: "Stop it - can't have competition."

*Canadians*
Operator: "Shooot the hockey mad bastards."

*Flock of illegal immigrants*
Operator: "What illegal immigrants?"

*Unidentified flying object*
Operator: "scramble F16s, we need to shoot it down."

*BC buds in a 4wd on some dirt track from Canada*
Operator: "I'm taxing that!"

And the list goes on....

If this site had ROFL flags you and "ItsallCrazy" just earned ROFL flags..

[edit on 23-6-2009 by tristar]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I would expect something like this in Britain, as it seems they are closer to a police state than we are. But this...

This is going to eventually lead to a majority of policing to be done with robots, and puts us on the fast track to a police state.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The last time I checked we Canadians TOOK our country from America and I think we are the only country that has defeated America in a war over territory.

Why bother patrolling the border,Americans are afraid to come to Canada because in reality we dont really agree with all of Americas individual rights ideas,its close ,but if you start packing heat on our streets and try to tell us you have the right to do whatever you want you will experience your first gunpowder enema.Have absolutely no doubt about it.

The only reason we are so polite is that we want to make sure we give you every possible chance to reconsider your position and get hopefully back on your horse before we do something you will regret.

I have travelled throughout both countries and the main difference I see is the belief in individual right to pursue life and liberty over and above the right of the group is really what Americans need to have,no rules that supercede their rights as individuals.

Canadians are more willing to abbrogate some of those individual rights in favor of a more group orientated perspective.

I wouldnt want to be any country in the world that would choose to mess with Canada,we have the most comprehensive treaties in the world with our American friends ,treaties that even allowed America to man and jointly operate ICBM silos on Canadian soil WHILE OUR GOVERNMENT TOLD THE WORLD WE DIDNT HAVE ANY NUCLEAR WEAPONS in the 60s and 70s.I believe we also have the potential to field a commando force comprised from people from every nation on earth here.

We have loyal Canadians from every country on the planet and they all subscribe to our "group mentality"its hard for Americans to grasp,but we police ourselves without all of us having to carry guns.Its simple,if someone sees you doing something that WE ALL KNOW IS WRONG ,THEY WILL COME OVER AND TRY TO TALK YOU OUT OF MAKING ANY FURTHER MISTAKES AND IF YOU DONT HEED THEIR ADVICE THEN OUT OF CONCERN FOR YOUR HEALTH AND WELL BEING THEY WILL KICK YOUR ASS UNTILL YOU CONFORM,IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT COLOR THEY ARE HOW OLD THEY ARE OF WHAT RELIGON THEY ARE AND NO MY AMERICAN FRIEND YOU WONT HAVE TIME TO RUN TO YOUR TRUCK AND GET YOUR GUN WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT THE LAST AMERICAN I WORKED WITH IN THE OILPATCH WAS DOING JUST BEFORE HE WAS KNOCKED OUT BY A RIGHT HAND.

I know Americans are tough because I watch Westerns,I know they are dangerous because I see their military on the news all the time, but what I know more than anything else is that WE ARENT THE ONES TRYING TO KEEP THEM OUT SO WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU ABOUT CANADIANS,WE MUST BE A SECURITY PRIORITY.

Terrorists my a##,America didnt have the balls to come into Canada and screw with anyone,JTF2 sure as hell did though,we did a pretty good job for our neighbors I would say,but what you dont really know is that ,

THE REAL REASON THERE ARE NO TERRORISTS IN CANADA THAT WILL CROSS INTO THE US IS BECAUSE THERE ARE NO TERRORISTS IN CANADA, BECAUSE OF WHAT I ALREADY TAUGHT YOU,WE POLICE OURSELVES AND I AM SURE THERE HAVE BEEN A LOT OF TERRORIST A$$es THAT HAVE BEEN KICKED IN THE LAST EIGHT YEARS ALL OVER CANADA.

You see we have many Muslim Canadians that WILL NOT TOLERATE ANY UNCANADIAN BEHAVIOUR IN THEIR COUNTRY SO THEY SIMPLY DONT LET IT HAPPEN--THEY KICK THE A##ES THAT REQUIRE KICKING IMMEDIATLY,ITS EASY TO DO IF THAT KIND OF BEHAVIOUR ISNT CONSIDERED TO BE AN INDIVIDUAL RIGHT GREATER THAN THE NEEDS OF THE MANY.YOU WILL NOT SNEAK PAST OUR PATRIOTIC GAURD OF MUSLIM CANADIANS AND IF ALL OF YOUR AMERICAN MUSLIMS POSSIBLY FELT IN THEIR HEARTS THAT THEY WERE PART OF A GROUP MENTALITY INSTEAD OF STANDING ALONE AS INDIVIDUALS THEY WOULD BE MORE INCLINED TO STEP IN AND REMOVE THOSE INDIVIDUAL RIGHT FROM THE BAD MUSLIMS IN AMERICA WITHOUT A JUDGE,JURY,OR TRIAL,JUST LIKE IT HAPPENS HERE IN CANADA,IN HOUSE,PRIVATELY AND PERMANENTLY.AND I MIGHT ADD POLITELY AS WELL

I dont mean to say that Americans subscribe to radical acts of terrorism I, AM MAKING IT 100% CLEAR THAT I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT MY NEIGHBORS AND FRIENDS ARE SUPPORTERS OF NON-DEMOCRATIC ACTIONS.

I am just saying that there are certain commonalities between believing that the rights of the individual are defensible to any degree against the rights of the many or the group,and terrorist agendas when they start to put their INDIVIDUAL rights and radical emotional quirks ABOVE the rights of the group.

This is why these things are very rare in Canada,THERE IS NO PLACE TO HIDE ,PLAIN AND SIMPLE.And if you dont want to be on the team the you are an opponent,if you arent part of the solution here then you must be PART OF THE PROBLEM,we dont reserve a space for fence sitters here we kick their a##es because they are like a disease that harms the group.

You dont get to get a lawyer and suue your way onto the ball team in Canada,if you dont get on the team the same way as everyone else ,WITHOUT ANY FUSS THAT MAKES US ALL BEND OVER FOR YOU,YOU WILL WISH TO HE## YOU HAD NEVER EVEN DREAMED OF THE TEAM BECAUSE WE WILL PUNISH YOU INTO A TEAM MENTALITY OR WE WILL BANISH YOU ,WE DONT HAVE A FIFTH AMENDMENT HERE IN CANADA BUT WE DONT NEED ONE EITHER.

The border between the US and Canada is a complete joke anyway and everyone k nows it,there is no number of drones that will ever be able to effectively patrol that much space.But everyone likes to have their picture taken,right?

I still think its funny that the US government has tried to stop the flow of terrorists who ARE RUNNING TO THE U.S TO ESCAPE GOOD OLDE CANADIAN HOSPITALITY(justice) BUT THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING.

And I know they are really going south because there really is nowhere here in Canada where we will tolerate SELFISH BEHAVIOURS AND ATTITUDES NO MATTER WHAT THE POLITICAL OR SOCIAL EXCUSES ARE,WE DONT CARE WHAT YOUR CONSTITUTION,YOUR BIBLE OR YOUR MOTHER SAYS YOU WILL CONFORM OR YOU WILL GET THE HE## OUT OF DODGE.No women,no children and no liberal fencesitters no matter what the media has told you its like here in Canada.

By the way please assign as many drones as you can to the border and keep as many undesireables penned into Canada as you can ,after all ,

WHAT THE HE## DO YOU THINK WE DO FOR FUN ON THOSE LONG WINTER DAYS?WHY WE FIX AS MANY THINGS AS WE CAN THAT ARE BROKEN, AND THIS INCLUDES SELFISH ATTITUDES, WE DONT PARTICULARILY GIVE A S##T ABOUT YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS UNTIL YOU BEGIN TO AFFECT THE REST OF US THEN WE "FIX"YOU.No

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Just want to make it clear that these are my personal opinions and I do not speak for any Canadians other than myself personally.

My intent on posting was simply to reflect how we deal with misbehaviour in-house here in Canada.

We are taught from a very young age that it is wrong to tattle,there are no pats on the head here for that type of disloyal behaviour,we call it ratting and teach our children that it is a wrong thing to do,and in order to counter any negative affect of not ratting and possibly allowing the offender to continue with the behaviour(we dont want disorder either), WE ARE ALSO TAUGHT THAT WE ARE BORN WITH THE RIGHT TO "FIX"ANYTHING THAT IS BROKEN IN OUR WORLDS INCLUDING ATTITUDES".So you see, here if we see you steal something from the store we wont tell the person at the till,we will follow you outside and ask you to return what you took and if you dont do the right thing (that is the right thing for the group or everyone,and WE ALL KNOW WHAT THAT IS)we will kick your a## and you wont have to worry about seeing a judge you will have to worry about seeing the ER doctor.

I by the way was raised in a rural area for half my life and spent the other half in a city,so no its not just me being redneck the behaviour of Canadians is the same wether you are a country mouse or a city mouse.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Sorry for multiple points but I want to make sure that everyone understood that I was trying to say that there should be no need for drones to patrol any American border at all,the people coming to visit should already know how to behave so I guess its time for America to clean up her house and make some new house rules,go Obama!

Decriminalising Marijuana is a huge step in reform in the U.S.Obama is trying to regain the trust of his country by ending the HYPOCRISY
surrounding a socially acceptable behaviour that literally puts millions of American men and women in jial every year,sends millions of children to social services for help because these parents are in jail and cannot work to support Americas youth.And makes criminals out of average ciizens that are doing what has been defined by Americans through their behaviour as a socially acceptable behaviour.

What Obama is really doing is slapping the Boomers in the face ,and telling them to hold onto their walkers and canes because changes are a comin and they are a comin fast.

The peole will be heard is what he is saying and the government will listen immediatly,sounds a little Canadian to me.

You see here in canada we dont lie to our children and tell them that Marijuana is a drug like Cocaine is a drug like Meth is a drug,like ecstacy is a drug,like valium is a drug.

Get real,pot puts you to sleep and everyone knows it,pot smokers play video games and eat bon-bons and everyone knows it,pot smokers dont rob stores to get their next joint,and they dont break into your house to steal your things because they are to fat to fit through the window(remember the bon-bons),its the hard drug users that are skinny enough to fall down your chimmney. ,SO WHO THE HELL HAS BEEN LYING FOR ALL THESE YEARS AND WHY HAVE THEY BEEN LYING AND HURTING SO MANY LAWABIDING aMERICANS.

You go Obama,you go.Make,em all see it the Canadian way and then we can just drop this silly border and we can all start "fixing things together".

Oh,what fun that would be!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by one4all

I had a Canadian friend a while ago, he since has moved on back to Canada, but its interesting to read that many things you have typed does fit his description.

But getting back to the border issue, does Canada have such issues on the U.S. border with drugs or illegals crossing over. It just sounds weird to me.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
If you are a Canadian who has a summary conviction which is the equivilant of a misdeameanor in the US ,WE CANT CROSS INTO THE US,
If you are an American with a Misdeameanor you can freely come into Canada,THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT TELLS US WHAT WE CAN AND CANT DO OR AT LEAST THEY THINK THEY DO.

Do you think that if maybe they played fair we would to??How do you think we do so well as Americas neighbor??

We are not afraid of America ,thats why,when you have no fear you can function in a progressive manner,but then again we have big friends all over the world,SO MAYBE JUST MAYBE AMERICA IS A LITTLE AFRAID OF US ,EH?

I'm not joking although I love America almost as much as my own country all of us dont feel that way,put one to many drones on our border and push to many Canadian buttons and you might find a whole whack of British,Chineese,Indian,French,Australian,you get the idea....DRONES FLYING ABOVE YOUR BORDERS,and if you have a cheeky reply remember that oil is running out,but so is fresh water,its good to have friends isnt it,thats why we keep our house clean north of the border,we like to have friends over,especially our best friends ,Americans,but dont forget that we do have other friends,mostly because we dont tend to burn bridges we tend to build them even under fire.

Watch out where you put your drones and watch out how you treat us at your borders,your misdeameanor is no better than our summary conviction and this is the only problem I see with America,an ATTITUDE PROBLEM,but as I said earlier this is easy to "fix"we just have to get em here.

I wouldnt trade my neighbors for anyone,I love them alland no matter what anyone says ,I know they love us to,they have to because every time I travel abroad I SEE AMERICANS WITH CANADIAN FLAGS PLASTERED ALL OVER THEMSELVES AND THEIR LUGGAGE.

I never say anything in fact I spend extra time standing beside and talking to them ,because they are my friends and I wouldnt want to see them get hurt,SO I PROTECT THEM EVERY CHANCE I GET ,JUST LIKE THEY PROTECT ME ,THATS WHAT TRUE FRIENDS ARE,RIGHT!!!!

The worlds opinions matter less when you stand beside and walk with friends,as I said ,I aint givin up my southern buddies for anything.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join