It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air France - Mysterious Underwater Signals

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
This is something that is being overlooked by the proponents of mysterious underwater phenomena:

A French official says sounds detected by search teams in the Atlantic depths are not those of Flight 447's black boxes.

Link

Recently it was announced that the search team including a French submarine had detected weak electronic signals coming from deep in the Atlantic ocean.

Now they are saying the signals are not originating from the Air France black box.

My question is what exactly are these signals, and who or what is creating them?

There have been cases of Russian submarines reporting sonar encounters with objects at great depths:

Submarines Mr. Krapiva, who resides in Ukraine, attended numerous lectures presented by veteran officers of Soviet nuclear-powered submarines. They had served in the Soviet North, aboard secret naval installations and bases. The lectures sometimes veered off the planned presentations, and many spellbinding tales were told. For instance, episodes when Soviet sonar-operators (military hydroacoustics technicians) were "hearing" (at great depths) strange "targets". Their submarines were actually being chased by other "submarines". The pursuers changed their speed at will -- speeds that were much faster than any other similar vessel in the world at that time Lieutenant-Commander Oleg Sokolov confidentially informed the students that while he was on duty during his submarine's navigation, he had observed through a periscope an ascent of some strange object through the water. He was not able to identify it, because he viewed it through the optical system of the periscope. This underwater "take off" took place in the early 1960's.

Link

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Another possible theory about the mysterious 1-second ping is related to the conspiracy theory that the jet was shot down.
The ping could possibly be coming from unexploded ordnance.

Does anyone know whether an unexploded missile will emit some sort of transponder ping to aid recovery?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

Training weapons emit a 'ping', but I don't know about live-fire. It is possible there was another plane up there as well. This could have been a mid-air collision that nobody is owning up to!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I was thinking about that as well .... maybe a secret military flight - one that would not have any flight plans filed.
If that is the case, then those blackboxes have been recovered and destroyed or spirited away to some secret military installation.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
After a crash, the flight recorders send out “pingers” or locator beacons every second for 30 days, audible for up to 2 kilometers away. Time is running out for the search team, as the plane crashed into the Atlantic on May 31.

Interesting theory you have going here Dan .I will keep a close eye on your thread thanks

[edit on 23/6/2009 by ocker]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ocker

Thanks ocker, I admit it's a bit wild ... but this mysterious ping really has my imagination fired up and my conspiracy alarm bells are sounding a gentle warning.

I had a series of rather metaphoric visions a year ago which I could not wholly interpret (except for the Georgia conflict and the Mumbai attack) ... and there is suddenly some relation to this event and other current events for a couple of visions that did not make sense at the time.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Remember they first found debris and an oil slick that they thought was from the Air France flight before discounting it and searching until they found thet real debris:

The mystery surrounding the crash of an Air France plane off the coast of Brazil deepened after Brazilian officials said late on Thursday that the items they had pulled from the sea were not in fact debris from the downed Airbus.

The mystery deepens because the Brazilian minister had said:

Defense Minister Nelson Jobim has said there was "no doubt" that the debris spotted from the air came from flight AF 477, and that they marked the area close to where the plane hit the ocean.

Link

What was this original debris and oil slick they they found? Why did Jobin say there was "no doubt" it was from AF477 when it was not?

edit to add link

[edit on 23/6/2009 by deltaalphanovember]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
So now we have 2 mysteries:

1. The original debris that was supposed to have been AF447 but turned out not to be.

and

2. The ping that is not from the AF447 black boxes.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember
So now we have 2 mysteries:

1. The original debris that was supposed to have been AF447 but turned out not to be.

and

2. The ping that is not from the AF447 black boxes.

Also the bright flash that witnesses reported. That would not have happened from turbulence causing the plane to break apart during a stall. It also would not have happened from a lightning strike, because that would not have been noticeable in a background of lightning.

So we have a bright flash, no communication from the cockpit, several auto signals, and then TWO debris fields and a mysterious ping.

Remember the video of the airshow crash where the tail of one aircraft severs the cockpit of the other one right off? The remainder of the plane banked straight up, broke apart, and tumbled back down!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Yes, thank you .. I was just about to add the next piece of the puzzle, and that was the bright flash seen by the pilots of Air Comet:

However, both pilots of an Air Comet flight from Lima, Peru, to Lisbon, Portugal, sent a written report on the bright flash they said they saw to Air France, Airbus and the Spanish civil aviation authority, the airline told CNN. "Suddenly, we saw in the distance a strong and intense flash of white light, which followed a descending and vertical trajectory and which broke up in six seconds," the captain wrote. Air Comet declined to identify the pilot's name but said he waited until landing to inform Air Comet management about what he saw. Air Comet then informed Spanish civil aviation authorities. The Air Comet co-pilot and a passenger aboard the same flight also saw the light.

Link

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

to add a 3rd mystery:

3. The bright flash seen by Air Comet crew and passengers.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Theory:

AF 447 stumbled upon a secret milatary aircraft (Aurora?), and to protect the secret, the plane was shot down by the black plane. A submarine comes along and recovers the black boxes of the airbus and takes them to washinton or some such place.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by BSG75

This would make it a conspiracy that would place it right up there with the best of them ...

Right now we have to see how it plays out, but it certainly seems something strange happened on 1 June 2009 to Air France 447. Something that someone may be covering up.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I do not normmally enter discussions on conspirianies, but something doesnt smell right on this one.

My theory, as above, is that it was shot down. What we should do is go back over sightings and radio messages intercepted by Ham operators, and see what secret aircraft where flying (if any), and check for Aurora sightings.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BSG75

I was trying to see if I could find anything along those lines and I would appreciate any help.
Does anyone know of any test pilots that have suddenly disappeared while on a mysterious mission?
Or missiles fired? How about radar? Can we get a history or radar printouts for that day?

CX

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Bit of a long shot but what if someone had one of those fancy watches that gives off a signal?

I'm sure i saw one in a jewellers once, i think Breitling made it. It was a few thousand pounds and advertised as a pilots watch with homeing beacon.

Just thought either the crew or passengers could have had one of these on them?

CX.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

A good point ... you are right Bretling makes it .. I think it is called the Emergency.
Bear Grylls wears one in the Discovery TV show called Ultimate Survival.

Breitling Emergency

he Breitling Emergency version contains a radio transmitter for civil aviation use which broadcasts on the 121.5 MHz distress frequency and serves as a back-up for ELT-type airborne beacons. (For military users, Breitling has equipped the Emergency with a miniaturized transmitter operating on the 243 MHz military frequency.) Under normal conditions—flat terrain or calm seas—the signal can be picked up at a range of up to 90 nautical miles (167 km) by search aircraft flying at 20,000 feet (6,000 m). As of 1 February 2009, the Cospas-Sarsat Satellite System will no longer monitor the 121.5/243 MHz frequency; however, the signal transmitted by the Emergency was never strong enough to be picked up by satellite, and Breitling has announced that, as these frequencies will still be monitored by aviation, particularly during the localization phase of a rescue attempt, there are no plans to modify the signal's frequency.[3] In an incident that demonstrates how the Emergency can be used to save lives, Reuters reports that two British pilots, Squadron Leader Steve Brooks and Flight Lieutenant Hugh Quentin-Smith, crashed their helicopter in Antarctica and were rescued after activating their Breitling Emergency transmitter watches. The two pilots were in their lifeboat when a Chilean Otter aircraft found them after homing in on signals from their watches. [4]

Link

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I remember those as well!

What some of us could do is contact the Brazilian Aviation Authority and ask. Was anything seen by other pilots and passengers within ten minutes either side of 447 dropping off radar?

Can some of our groom lake watching comrades tell us if anything left? Or perhaps from somewhere else? Some of us must have Ham radio sets, or know people that have them Did anyone record (sound or just plain old written down) details of test flights?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by BSG75

It appears the Flight 447 did not drop off radar .... it was in a grey area where land-based radar cannot detect.

According to my reading, the pilots actually give their position via radio at certain pre-determined waypoints.
Link

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I think to add to the mystery, is the time it took Air france to announce the missing plane.

Has there been a proper explanation of why it took them so long?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join