It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the war book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
just released..documents from the 70s about what to do in the case of a nuclear attack...

news.bbc.co.uk...

after reading all the threads recently about the possibility of nuclear war i thought this being released was quite pertinent.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

Haven't watched the video yet but I read that article myself earlier this morning. It's quite interesting actually, I was surprised about the fact fake internal memo's were created presumbably to add authenticity.

I'm pretty sure something similiar still exists today, we're obviously still going to have plans in case for a worst case nuclear scenario.

One thing the article did me me wonder though was what would the UK government do about its population in the event of nuclear war?

Would we be simply left to fend for ourselves? Then I started wondering about the possibility of secret/underground bunkers, not only for the government and PM etc but for us normal citizens.

I doubt they would be large enough for everyone but still they would help some survive.

I then started thinking if that was the case and we were moved to bunkers then after the war they wouldn't be secret anymore!

new topics

join