It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's top electoral body rules out vote annulment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Iran's top electoral body rules out vote annulment

hosted.ap.org

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) -- Iran's top electoral body, the Guardian Council, found "no major fraud" in the disputed June 12 election and ruled out annulling the the results, Iran's state TV Tuesday quoted a spokesman for the council as saying.
The council found "no major fraud or breach in the election," a spokesman, Abbas Ali Kadkhodaei, was quoted by Iran's state-run English language Press TV as saying.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Well there you have it people. There will be no further questioning of the Iran election and the results will hold. If there was any proof of fraud, I am sure, it has already been erased. Iran is now a dictatorship. There is no longer even the facade of a presidency.

If the people of Iran want change it will only be at the hands of themselves. They will now have to decide what is truely important to their futures.

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Truly sucks for the citizenry of Iran, however, I think Americans would be better served to sweep their own porch lest we have the same fate befall us here.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

Something tells me that the Iranian people aren't going to just sit back and accept this decision. I wonder just how bad will it get over there?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I am not sure weather they will or not. Without good media inside Iran it is hard to find out the truth as to what is happening there. If they want true freedom then they will have to persist.

top topics

join