It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-fluoride extremists 'threaten to kill MP'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Anti-fluoride extremists 'threaten to kill MP'

www.theage.com.au

Anti-fluoride extremists have threatened to kill a Victorian government minister and blow up a regional water authority.

As anger over fluoridating Geelong's water supply mounted today, Labor minister Lisa Neville has been targeted along with water and health officials.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
People often ask me why is it that we don't get off of our fat a** to do something about topics or issues that are disturbing that our governments allow to go on? I always answer that the truth movement is about peacefully getting to the truth without violence. But that when people weather it be a person or a group of people are pushed to their limits they will fight and fight hard. I honestly don't agree with threats but if it causes change for the better and they don't get caught then. Hmm I don't know what to say?

www.theage.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
This rediculous, really.WHy dont they hijack or blow upa truck thats transporting the actual fluoride compound istelf?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Fluoride isn't talked about much in this country, especially on TV, so you can sort of see why somebody would go to those extremes to try to stop the poisoning of their water. I don't agree with what they did but there is a serious issue here with fluoride in the water and how it's swept under the carpet and never talked about.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
This is a hard one, one would think that an aggressive approach to these topics would cause more change but in my opinion I think it sets the truth movement back a few years each time one of these "truthers" or "conspiracy theorist" take on these topics with violence or a threat of violence it does nothing but confirm for people that we are a bunch of loonies and gives the government more credence to moderate our actions online and set out a profile for us that depicts us as being violent.
Not only are these people hurting themselves and sometimes innocent people during the actions of their crimes they are hurting every single person who has put time and effort into finding the truth.
It gives us less respect.
It gives us less creditability.
It deteriorates our public image.
It gives us and confirms a stigma that has been put on truth seekers since forever.
It takes away our power, and justifies the actions of the government towards us.
It gives the government the right to negatively profile us.
It gives the government more power to put more restrictions on the internet/life.

Every time a truthseeker sets out with a plan of violence or speaks of violence it is not only insane, ignorant, and illogical it is also hypocritical and just simply not productive what so ever.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Well either way... something like this might bring the truth about flouride to the masses anyhow.

I mean the report, not the actual act.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Translation: MI6 seeks to tar those who recognize the dangers of fluoride in the water supply with psyop.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Threats are stupid.

First off, you let the enemy know what you are going to do. Second, when you do the thing you threatened - it is easier to identify you as the perp.

Don't make threats.

Now these individuals have severely limited their ability to use legitimate and legal methods to achieve their objectives.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

You are so right - keep fluoride out of water.

It is a poison - who wants stronger teeth at the price of weaker bones?

Actually, I don't really know the effects of fluoride, but I do know that no-one should add anything to water supplies.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Because then it pollutes the #ing environment even more.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I'm conflicted over fluoride in its affects on the mind and body. On tooth paste it specificallly warnes not to swallow, but is contained in drinking water, which is obviously meant to be consumed. Plus it is a bi-product of the coal industry. Waste not I guess.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Exoviewer]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
All that making threats like this does is push legitimate concerns about the dangers of fluoride aside and turns it into an attack on 'lunatic conspiracy theorists'. Whoever made these threats should be ashamed for discrediting the movement that they apparently believe in.

The other option is that this was a deliberate attempt at discrediting the anti-fluoride movement by proponents of fluoride. In fact my thoughts could probably be summed up by a quote from the following article in The HS about the situation

President Keith Oakley said it was possible the pro-fluoride lobby was responsible. "I've often worried if someone is trying to do it on the pro-side to discredit us," he said. "People are angry, but the way to go through it is through appropriate court action."

www.news.com.au...

top topics

join