It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal Navy destroyer put to sea without missiles a 'disgrace'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
And this is exactly why I freaking hate Labour. Do we think this situation could have arisen under Thatcher? Of course not.

Er, try googling the phrases 'Pym Defence Cuts' and 'Knott Defence Cuts'. If the Argies had waited six more months the Navy wouldn't have been able to launch the Falklands campaign. County Class scrapped, Fearless scrapped, Invincible sold to India. It was her defence cuts and the publicly announced scrapping of HMS Endurance that put the welcome mat out for the Argentinians. The woman was no friend of our armed forces, even after they saved her scraggy neck.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Fang

Thanks for the info, I will do when I'm not at work. I was under the impression she supported the armed forces...!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
lol why not buy a Finnish Hamina class missile boat

heres a link to the specsen.wikipedia.org...

heres some pics to it dont drewl to much

img358.imageshack.us...

www.militaryimages.net...

www.mil.fi...

www.worldwarships.com...

this lil baby can help you out, and at least is pretty good and has stealth abillties

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Watchdog-Finland

I'm sure you have great fun with it in the bath.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
www.telegraph.co.uk...

theres the link - interestingly you mixed around the original format.

but heres from the guardian:

www.guardian.co.uk...

It says it is a "disgrace" that the long-delayed HMS Daring, the first destroyer in the new class, will enter service this year "without a principal anti-air missile system (PAAMS) having been fired from the ship, and will not achieve full operational capability until 2011". The Commons public accounts committee says the new Type 45 destroyer has been the victim of serious mistakes including a "culture of over-optimism", "poor management arrangements" and "inappropriate commercial structures".

so what needs to be understood is quite simple:

the PAMS missiles arn`t ready - the ship is , so blame the bloody french please.

also the new carriers will be in the same situation - in service BEFORE the UK apparantly gets the F35.

Have you heard anything about the performance of PAMS? I've read a lot of negative stuff about the missiles on other boards. Although mostly from US posters, it does suggest that the claims for PAMS abilities are at best 'unproven' when compared to other systems. This validates my policy of not buying anything French unless I can eat it or drink it.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
you know...we could sell you an aircraft carrier full of planes. how does that sound? they can hold about 70-something planes if i remember correctly. do we have a deal?

yes throw in a few F-22 raptors and maybe a B2 stealth please

Sorry, those toys are exculsively for US enjoyment

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fang
reply to post by Watchdog-Finland

I'm sure you have great fun with it in the bath.

you dont know much huh do you ?? lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join