It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Tech? The Dipole Fusion Confinement Concept

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So we combine the Coanda effect with a plasma flow of sufficient strength and I bet we get lift off

Haven't got all the bugs out yet, but when we do I will pass over your house

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

LOL, you had me at "Dipole Fusion Confinement", the "UFO Tech" just iced it. Good thread, I love this kind of stuff. ATS should be glad you are back, I know I am.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It is possible to overcome this by artificial process though. Superconducting is one, and there are many more.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Since you're reverting to aerodynamics, does this mean that you agree that magnetic levitation is not a propulsion system?

I really don't understand why the Coanda effect is considered so wonderful and strange. It's a simple aerodynamic principle. If it's so great, why is it in such limited use? (Ask the Canadians about how well the Coanda effects works in getting a disk shaped craft to fly.)

Oh yeah, better keep that plasma away from your wing surfaces or you're not going to have much left to fly with.

[edit on 6/23/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by Phage

It is possible to overcome this by artificial process though. Superconducting is one, and there are many more.

Overcome what?
The LDX uses a superconducting ring but it won't do anything outside of the device.

Many more? Can you list some? (I mean some that have been verified or duplicated, not the stuff that Hutchinson has hoaxed and T.T. Brown claimed).

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I can't list anything other than theoretical models, you know that. But they all show some good potential.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
If anyone has any material on that supercooled mercury plasma, I would appreciate it
Thanks

Not sure if you mean Edgar Fouche, he discusses mercury plasma @ 1m58s.

My supposition to Phage is that the spinning mercury based plasma (need magnets to spin the ferrite material) at low temps causes a superfluid and all atoms reduce to single boson (force particle) wave function:

A Bose–Einstein condensate (BEC) is a state of matter of a dilute gas of weakly interacting bosons confined in an external potential and cooled to temperatures very near to absolute zero (0 K, −273.15 °C, or −459.67 °F). Under such conditions, a large fraction of the bosons collapse into the lowest quantum state of the external potential, and all wave functions overlap each other, at which point quantum effects become apparent on a macroscopic scale.

Wiki

The single wave function plasma then resonates with the ethereal energy wave functions omnipresent throughout the Multiverse. So once a certain energy is acquired in the toroid (much like pushing someone on a swing, it takes energy to achieve optimum amplitude, but thereafter little energy is needed to maintain that height) then the craft can 'ride' the galactic currents of EM that must exist at frequencies we haven't yet got the lab equipment to measure.

p.s. i don't believe in wave-particle duality, everything is just waves. It is the constructive/destructive interference patterns that makes the World we see through our spectrum analysers (eyes).

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Here's an interesting page about Dr. Li who is still missing after receiving $500k DoD funding; was she onto something?

Approximately 10 years ago Dr. Ning Li, then a research physicist at the University of Alabama in Huntsville, began working on a theoretical model of forces generated by type-II superconductors and the possibility of generating and controlling significant gravitational forces via this new theory. The basic idea of Dr Li's is that a superconducting disk will produce a significant gravitational field if a certain type of magnetic field is externally applied. This Other Transaction will represent the first attempt to experimentally confirm some of the theoretical predictions of this theory. It is hoped that providing experimental confirmation of the theory to the scientific community will validate the theory and allow the securing of further funding to develop a practical application of this technology.

Source

Here's an ATS thread about her going underground.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I'm sure the NAZI bell was an attempt at the same feat, some of the items described, IE "spinning mercury like substance" sound similar, funny how DR LI wanted her work to make a difference to the USA and maybe the world and was not interested in money, then poof she vanishes into some DOD programme that will not better us. i can see the potential this research may bring especially in anti gravity

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

ive never seen your other threads on this but its very interesting!
s&f

not to sound stupid but when you say had a visit are you talking from the gov't??? if so thats some crazy stuff!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

I am sure you will recall having seen this in my posts

The original information and white paper can be found here
www.thelivingmoon.com...

First posted on my site Aug 20, 2007

Dude, i don't know how to break this to you, but....
...that's totally Wesley Crusher's collapsing warp field bubble

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Indeed, having a portable fusion based power source would improve the efficiency of the Ion drives, but also the Ash Helium would provide a suitable propellant, thus improving thrust to weight efficiency drastically.

Especially if the Propellant was suitably accelerated with a STRONG electromagnetic field, (Exhaust at near C) the specific impulse would dwarf anything we have now.

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by toltecnightmare

SHHHH Do ya want to bring the spooks down on us?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2accb64e5cea.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/64446282aa55.gif[/atsimg]

www.aitrui.com...

[edit on 24-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Other than the radio active part...what makes plasma fusion better than nuclear fusion? O ya...it levitates...

Here is a better question. I read the documentation provided to no avail. What is the ratio for energy put in to energy coming out?
And is this ratio better than a nuclear reactor's ratio?

I know all those super conducting magnets requires a lot of juice.

Just food for thought...

[edit on 24-6-2009 by Overload]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Neato!

According to the site you got that from:

Wavelength is the true MASS Structure, are the True MASS base formations. It is Intelligent, because ALL CAN BE EXPLAINED under "TRUTH Of Existence" fact is "Wave Mechanics Physics" as WAVELENGTH IS the MASS structure, built out of directional Tiny-wave flow pressures within Dark Matter, origin of wavelength Inertia Arc Pressure Density MASS IDENTITIES are creating POLARIZATIONS not the counter of defined cycle systems created by the MASS WAVELENGTHS called Atoms & Molecules. Wavelengths keep individual identities, even when merged with other wavelengths. Because the Wavelength is the built MASS that PHASE configures with other wavelengths Atoms & Molecules never are Mass consistence; [Archaic] to hold together or be held together; exist (usually by some means or agent). The wavelength always exists retaining it's identity, because wavelength is MASS.

www.aitrui.com...-AtomicWarpEngine

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Overload

So far all that's been done with this research is to create a toroidal containment field, an alternative to a Tokamak device. At this stage of the game, using magnetically contained plasma for fusion is really the only path that bears much promise (cold fusion doesn't seem to be getting anywhere, AFAIK).

They don't seem to have created a sustained reaction (no one has). Until that time, there will be a net loss of energy.

[edit on 6/24/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I am assuming you were sarcastic in that post, so accordingly I will ask you a simple question. Do you think that all of these theoretical propulsion drives are bs? Do you think any model other than the standard model is bs and wrong, without waiting to see what happens? Do you think that science is still so primitive that there is not all these patents flying around out there for star wars type technology. Are you not willing to at least give the suppression of these advancements by government entities a chance with out digging deeper yourself? Or better yet, do you take everything you here from NASA, the DoD, and any other 'legit' agency as face value? Just a friendly question here, please do not take it the wrong way my friend.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Right.And we want either no loss of energy or a very small proportion of it lost compared to used. (energy)

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I do not think all theoretical propulsion systems are BS. But very much of what is touted (mostly over the internet) breaks down to more or less the same gobbledygook shown above. It's very easy to take a piece of a very complex idea (i.e. frame dragging) and, without the knowledge to back it up, leap to very inaccurate conclusions about what it means and where it can lead. By throwing a bunch of words around (i.e. gravitomagnetics) it's very easy to convince others with even less knowledge that it makes perfect sense.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the standard model". While there is a great deal of agreement within the "mainstream" scientific community, there is also a lot of disagreement. I think you might be surprised how much controversy there is in the mainstream community about "the standard model" and what can and can't be done. I know a few physicists, I once had the rather bemused pleasure of sharing a whiskey or two while listening to a conversation between several of them at the Cosmos Club. Most of what was said seemed to be way over my head (must have been the Jack) but it was obvious by their fervor that they were passionate about their rather wild ideas. As I recall BS was called more than once.

There are plenty of patents for devices and ideas that can't work and will never be built. A patent means nothing unless there is a demonstration of it's efficacy.

I have no doubt that the government is working on exotic propulsion systems, they don't really make a secret of it. I might even be surprised at how far they have progressed with some of them. But I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of those have been abandoned as undoable, unworkable, or impractical. I don't think I'm "digging myself deeper" by stating my opinion. I've been wrong in the past and all it means is that I've learned something.

I take nothing from anyone at face value.

Anyway, the point is this thread is not really about propulsion systems. It is about a potential containment system for a nuclear fusion reactor. The technology used is not really exotic though it is highly technical.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Hey, leave Phage be. He provides grounding for Zorgon.

Missing nine out of ten is made up by the one. You never know.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join