It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Tech? The Dipole Fusion Confinement Concept

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Those who follow my threads have seen me post info on The Dipole Fusion Confinement Concept

LDX
The Levitated Dipole eXperiment

LDX is a novel experimental device designed to explore the physics of plasma confinement in a magnetic dipole field. What makes it unique? Besides levitating a 1/2 ton superconducting ring, we will conduct the first experimental test on the theory of plasma confinement by adiabatic compressibility. If this concept turns out to be correct, levitated dipoles may one day make an attractive magnetically confined fusion energy source. LDX is a collaboration between Columbia University's Dept. of Applied Physics and the MIT Plasma Science & Fusion Center and is funded by the Department of Energy's Office of Fusion Energy.

I am sure you will recall having seen this in my posts

The original information and white paper can be found here
www.thelivingmoon.com...

First posted on my site Aug 20, 2007

The important points...

Previous studies [1-4] indicate that a levitated dipole would be favorable for a D-He3 fuel cycle based power source. The D-D cycle is the most promising because of the availability of deuterium. Recently we have considered utilizing a levitated dipole for the D-D cycle based power source. Fusion reactors based on the deuterium-deuterium (D-D) reaction would be superior to D-T based reactors in so far as they can greatly reduce the power produced in neutrons and do not requires the breeding of tritium. In a recent article titled "Helium Catalyzed D-D Fusion in a Levitated Dipole" we have proposed a fusion power source, based on an alternative fuel cycle which we call ``helium catalyzed D-D". We have explored the application of a levitated dipole as a D-D power source and found that a dipole may have the unique capability of producing excellent energy confinement accompanied by low particle confinement. Additionally a levitated dipole device would be intrinsically steady state and extract power as surface heating, permitting a thin walled vacuum vessel and eliminating the need for a massive neutron shield. We find that a dipole based D-D power source can potentially provide a substantially better utilization of magnetic field energy with a comparable mass power

Okay minimal shielding, no nuclear waste with the added advantage that the generator levitates.

Now would that no be an ideal power source for a saucer?

HE3 that wonder fuel that is scattered around on the moon, some trillion metric tons of it, enough to power our planet for 10,000 years (25 tonnes will power the USA for one year - 25 tonnes is the capacity of one shuttle trip - 100 tons will power the entire world for a year)

Now an update...

They have recorded the first 'flight' of such a device

First Flight of the Levitated Dipole Experiment

The Levitated Dipole eXperiment

MIT Plasma Physics Department

psfcwww2.psfc.mit.edu...

[edit on 23-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

HE3 that wonder fuel that is scattered around on the moon, some trillion metric tons of it, enough to power our planet for 10,000 years (25 tonnes will power the USA for one year - 25 tonnes is the capacity of one shuttle trip - 100 tons will power the entire world for a year)

Now why would you go out of your way to point out something like that, isn't it enough that your on the watch list, do you need a personal visit, say when your on your way to buy a newspaper.

"Admit nothing, deny everything and make counteraccusations"

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Starred and Flagged.

I'd like to hang my accutron over that 1/2 ton levitated dipole with it running at full-speed

And I was reading the overview of their 2007 results when I found a nugget that suggests they were worried about appearances before their first big tests - performance anxiety:

"Levitated dipole may fulfill these requirements even if the physics and technology does not produce a show-stopper."

(Don't worry kids, the American Taxpayer will fund your operation no matter what it looks like...)

psfcwww2.psfc.mit.edu...

This looks like it will be a fun thread.

I just remembered:

25 tons of Helium-3 to power the earth for a year - the space shuttle carries 25 tons...

When was the 25 ton He-3 requirement calculated - before or after the shuttle was designed?

I wouldn't use deuterium if I had a moon full of He-3 - and the capability to bring it home. I'd use the Helium 3 instead and store as much as possible, even if I couldn't use it yet.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristardo you need a personal visit,

Already had a visit... spent three days, and he was from a higher agency than yours

Shall I add the University of Wisconsin/Madison work on Fusion and H H Schmitt's connection to the HE3 mining on the Moon with his company Inter Lune Inter Mars Inc?

They did some nice work on that fusion rocket in 1993... Project Soar I believe

Hmmmm Yup I should...

Adjunct Professor Harrison H. Schmitt was the Moon's most recent visitor; he last co-taught the course, Resources in Space, in Spring 2004.

Helium-3 media coverage
A Field Trip to the Moon

fti.neep.wisc.edu...

Some really kewl papers there. HH Schmidt was senator for a term as well

SOAR - Space Orbiting Advanced Fusion Power Reactor
fti.neep.wisc.edu...

Now of course everyone knows we don't have fusion rockets...

I mean we don't even have fusion yet...

Another dramatic climb toward fusion conditions for Sandia Z accelerator

Z Machine I like that

www.sandia.gov...

But what really gets me is that those pesky Russians has fusion research in 1950
Even invented the Tokamak which everyone is using these days

Tokamak

A tokamak is a machine producing a toroidal magnetic field for confining a plasma. It is one of several types of magnetic confinement devices, and it is one of the most-researched candidates for producing controlled thermonuclear fusion power.

The term tokamak is a transliteration of the Russian word токамак which itself is an acronym made from the Russian words: "тороидальная камера в магнитных катушках" (toroidal'naya kamera v magnitnykh katushkakh) — toroidal chamber with magnetic coils (possibly tochamac). An alternative, possibly older, abbreviation exists, meaning toroidal chamber with axial magnetic field (toroidal'naya kamera s aksial'nym magnitnym polem).[1] It was invented in the 1950s by Soviet physicists Igor Yevgenyevich Tamm and Andrei Sakharov (who had been inspired by an original idea from Oleg Lavrentyev[2]).

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Nice potential for a containment system.
Have they managed to create a sustained fusion reaction within it?

Fusion ain't easy. It's the future, but it's fur piece out there yet.

[edit on 6/23/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Nice potential for a containment system.
Have they managed to create a sustained fusion reaction within it?

Don't know yet... been so much going on like the Spaceport, LLNL lasers, LRO mission etc I am getting a migraine keeping up

Need staff, two sexataries and coffee interveinously

I'll follow up in the morning when I can see again...

AH here is the one I was looking for earlier

Z produces fusion neutrons, Sandia scientists confirm
www.sandia.gov...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar say when your on your way to buy a newspaper.

Don't read newspapers... to many spooks hanging around newsstands

besides that's too cliche

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Zorgon, you really need to leave the house a little more often... hehehe...

It's not advisable to combine work and fun at the same time.

Nice thread, by the way!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

pi=fi* = Maxwell's Demon solution = wave d/dt using "N"

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
More on Harrison H. Schmitt and the Fusion Technology Institute:

"Inertial Electrostatic Confinement

Advanced fusion fuels, D and 3He, have been successfully fused in an Inertial Electrostatic Confinement device at the University of Wisconsin. It is thought that this is the first known fusion of helium-3 with deuterium on a steady state basis. The detection of 14.7 MeV protons has confirmed the reaction of D-3He fusion, and has produced a continuous, charged particle flux."
(fti.neep.wisc.edu...)

But I really like this one - alot:

Fusion Ship II--a Fast Manned Interplanetary Space Vehicle Using Inertial Electrostatic Fusion

Manned Interplanetary space Travel!?

From Earth to Jupiter in 210 Days!

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Zorgon, you really need to leave the house a little more often... hehehe...

It's not advisable to combine work and fun at the same time.

Nice thread, by the way!

No no, its much easier for us too keep tabs on him.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

great thread!

i hope people can wholly realize that there's more to fuel than simple internal combustion with fossil fuels!

...it's about time we graduate from what the (modern) caveman uses!

then again, there's still free energy to be utilized... you know, the stuff Tesla discovered over ONE HUNDRED YEARS AGO?!!

by the way, i've had the Sandia Z-Machine as my desktop background for like a year now!

www.sandia.gov...
www.sandia.gov...

[edit on 23-6-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Maybe I'm taking a simplistic view on this but wouldn't this configuration be ideal for accelerating a plasma around the outside (within the field) thus creating a gravitational torsion effect on the surrounding ether? I'm basing this on: www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Forgive my ignorance, but is the rotating dipole experiment a similar idea to what some flying saucer 'insiders' have claimed about supercooled mercury plasma revolving around a tube at high speeds?

edit: I can't find a source of where I heard this at the moment, but it was probably one of Project Camelot's interviews.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by JohnJetson]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnJetson
Forgive my ignorance, but is the revolving dipole a similar idea to what some flying saucer 'insiders' have claimed about supercooled mercury plasma revolving around a tube at high speeds?

Yes I have been looking for a good source of that info myself. Saw it years ago, before I started saving everything. Has something to do with the Nazi saucer stuff.

Recently they found an old Nazi sub off Norway, sunk... it was full of mercury...

Norway to raise toxic Nazi submarine
www.icenews.is...

Underwater Coffin for Nazi Submarine
www.spiegel.de...

If anyone has any material on that supercooled mercury plasma, I would appreciate it

Thanks

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The fusion device is a power source, but the levitating aspect should make everyone stop and think...

LEVITATING... WHY does it 'levitate' Did you see the weight of the thing?

"What makes it unique? Besides levitating a 1/2 ton superconducting ring, ..."

1000 pounds yet it levitates when running...

Are we all so jaded no one sees the significance of that? And this is just a prototype.

Also Plasma Thrusters for spacecraft are nothing new... they just need a transportable power source.

July 27 11:07:46 PDT 2004

The high power helicon is a state of the art electrodeless plasma thruster. This mean that issues associated with erosion of electrode by the plasma is eliminated. The plasma itself is generated by high power radio frequency waves that allow substantial felixbility in operational characteristics. it is also very much small than other plasma thruster, which adds to to versatility.

www.ess.washington.edu...

Video (.avi) of thruster in operation

Mini-Magnetospheric Plasma Propulsion (M2P2) is an advanced plasma propulsion system that will enable spacecraft to attain unprecedented speeds, with minimal energy and mass requirements. It will create a large scale magnetic bubble around the spacecraft to ride the solar winds, and accelerate the spacecraft to unprecedented speeds.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Are we all so jaded no one sees the significance of that? And this is just a prototype.

Isn't that interesting, you see how easy it is.

By the way, very interesting thread and although i have not mentioned it, your site is very well organized.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The reason for levitation is to create a containment area for the fusion reaction. Since a fusion reaction creates so much heat, there is no physical way to contain it.

Magnetic levitation is nothing new. Put a small magnet over a paperclip and the paperclip overcomes the force of gravity (yippee!). The superconductor ring in the LDX is levitated by the extremely powerful magnetic field produced by magnets at the top of the device.

There is a problem with using magnetic levitation as a propulsion system. Unless you happen to want to launch and hover over the north or south magnetic pole, it won't be very useful.

But the primary reason it can't work is that, while it is large, the Earth's magnetic field is far too weak to be used for electromagnetic levitation. The Earth's field has a strength of about .5 gauss. In comparison a small bar magnet has a strength of 100 gauss, 200 times stronger than Earth's. This can be easily demonstrated by placing a small magnet near a compass. It easily wins the battle for the needle. Take the superconductor ring out of the extremely strong magnetic field within the device and it will just sit there.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Originally posted by JohnJetson
Forgive my ignorance, but is the revolving dipole a similar idea to what some flying saucer 'insiders' have claimed about supercooled mercury plasma revolving around a tube at high speeds?

Yes I have been looking for a good source of that info myself. Saw it years ago, before I started saving everything. Has something to do with the Nazi saucer stuff.

If anyone has any material on that supercooled mercury plasma, I would appreciate it

I'm not sure if this helps. Found it poking around.

[edit on 23/6/2009 by _Heretic]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
O.K. I am gonna go ahead and say it... don't slap me around too much!

Doesn't the device that the levitating device sits on or is "caught" by look like a pyramid?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join