It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would our military personnel honor the Constitution or just follow orders?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

jca:

I was never aware those "7 Army Values" were taught to Army members. For what my opinion's worth, that fact gives me even more pride to be an American. If just half the people tried their best to live up to those standards, this world would be a much better place to live in. Seriously, thanks for sharing this with me and the rest of ATS.

Peace,
CBS

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

I could not agree with CBS01 more!!! Those who have never served simply cannot understand how seriously those who have served or are serving take our duty to the Constitution. You have also made me proud to call myself an American!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

All Marines are taught that there are 3 types of orders that are never obeyed

1. Illegal
2. Unethical
3. Immoral

Can't speak for the other branches, but Marines are taught this in Boot

I don't recall hearing much about it in recruit training; maybe they didn't feel it needed to be emphasized as much in the Navy. Makes sense, though - we didn't generally see much in he way of guns....

One thing, though. Just wondering how that list jibes with the Oliver North / Iran/Contra thing. I know, black sheep, but just wondering - didn't ask many Marines their opinion at the time.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by spiritwomyn
Was told recently of a marine in Montana who said they were being trained to prepare to take Americans guns and to show no mercy even in killing women and children.

I've seen this claim several times over the years, usually coming from some survivalist fringe who thinks the gub'mint's coming over the hills in big black helicopters any day now.

I tend to doubt the veracity of the claim. Since the first time I saw it, in the early 90s on a bbs, I would think that if that was the plan, they would have gotten around to doing it by now.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The Military really isn't what many people think. If you have never served in the Military then you have no idea. When I came here to this site years ago before enlisting I had some of the same thoughts some of the users here on ATS have. However it's not like that.

The military is about taking care of your battle buddies to your left and your right, and the people you are protecting. The NCO's constantly are training other soldiers to take care of one another, and enforce it. There is not any type of brainwashing that I have seen. Atleast not in the Army.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CBS01

You asked :
If our beloved country reaches the point where many believe it's headed, which is part of either a NWO, martial law/police state, or several other versions of a militarized nation, would our military personnel just follow orders and kill/imprison their own family and friends, or would they stand up for our Constitution and what America is based on and rebel against the upper-tier government leaders, who are playing the average soldiers superiors like puppets?

It seems history has already answered the question - Anybody remember Waco ?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/58248ba6e790.jpg[/atsimg]
Here's a recently reposted documentary film about the 51-day siege which resulted in the deaths of over 80 American citizens and four law enforcement agents.

WACO REVELATIONS - 12 part Playlist (the most important documentary you will ever watch)

What I did not realize before viewing this today was that Delta Force was used in a military assault, and there is abundant evidence they killed everybody in the compound after the fires were started by military incindiaries ...

This fact seems to be also 'strongly related' to the subsequent 'suicide' of Vince Foster.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Just a note...

All Marines are taught that there are 3 types of orders that are never obeyed

1. Illegal
2. Unethical
3. Immoral

Can't speak for the other branches, but Marines are taught this in Boot

Semper

Gung ho

new topics