It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Financial Crisis Unprecedented Since 1930s

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Yes, i know. Ive actually seen worse charts than those. There is one I''ll try to find that links 2007-08 directly to 1929 and 1930. It makes us think of what a comparison chart means to us today and tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Watchdog-Finland

Wow 24% unemployment is Depression numbers. Do you have much of a GDP in Finland?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BitRaiser

I agree we must all learn to live within our means. It's tough but better safe than sorry.

Living beyond our means is lying to ourselves. We much change that. Wealth a prosperity seemed to slip down the drain. We need every dollar available stuck in a FDIC insured bank or Credit Union.

FDIC doesnt have the money to cover another collapse. Then what? IOU's like CA.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
New Figure 5. Industrial output, four big Europeans, then and now
Months in to Crisis;

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
They keep telling us that the unemployment rate in the US is nudging itself towards 10%, but that's a really low ball number.

I'm sure a lot of you have already heard this stuff, but if you factor in discouraged workers and involuntary part-time workers, it's probably somewhere around 16% . And I doubt that rate figures in people who make their livings criminally. Or people in jail.

The financial media is doing a good job of making it all sound not so bad because they don't want people to be spooked. I'd bet my bottom dollar that they all have money in various markets and they don't want a crash.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by milesp
They keep telling us that the unemployment rate in the US is nudging itself towards 10%, but that's a really low ball number.

I'm sure a lot of you have already heard this stuff, but if you factor in discouraged workers and involuntary part-time workers, it's probably somewhere around 16% . And I doubt that rate figures in people who make their livings criminally. Or people in jail.

The financial media is doing a good job of making it all sound not so bad because they don't want people to be spooked. I'd bet my bottom dollar that they all have money in various markets and they don't want a crash.

To understand real picture here is the US, you have to add both in what the government refers to as "discouraged" workers and "marginally attached” workers ,those who have stopped looking for work, or who haven’t looked for work recently.

That number that’s approaching an eye-popping 14%.

If you include the people that the government doesn’t even count like unemployed farm workers, the idle self-employed, and workers in private homes the unemployment rate in the US would be 18%.

Of course they wont tell us this. They think we are children who cant handle the truth.

Put another way, unemployment has spread to almost one-fifth of the U.S. work force, a number much larger than the single-digit figure commonly handed out in the press.

TV is mass destruction utility, in my view. Your Countries are the same.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watchdog-Finland
I dont even dare to look at my countys charts, what i know is that the unemplyment rate is now about 24% and we are only 5.5million in finland, i dont dare to even think how #t we are, lucky we have the euro, or i wonder could it be worse if we would not had been forcefully joined to EU and then forcefully had to accept the euro as our currency??? I dont know, but it looks so bad for all not just USA

Here is a little about Finlands economy;

Economics 23/05/2009: Is Ireland next Finland?

trueeconomics.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watchdog-Finland
I dont even dare to look at my countys charts, what i know is that the unemplyment rate is now about 24% and we are only 5.5million in finland, i dont dare to even think how #t we are, lucky we have the euro, or i wonder could it be worse if we would not had been forcefully joined to EU and then forcefully had to accept the euro as our currency??? I dont know, but it looks so bad for all not just USA

Thank you for helping!

I'm glad to post Finlands chart. It looks crazy!!! Maybe we should say off the chart!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join