It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia Teaparties Parade Port a Potties Named After Pelosi, Reid, ACORN etc

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
What a way to show your distrust and disgust at Washington's "elite".
Name a toilet after them and parade them across the state for teaparties.

While I think it's rather funny, I'm glad they chose not to use Obama's name
on one. Respect the office, even if you don't agree with or respect the man.
Everyone else is fair game.

Tea party organizer Karen Miner Hurd told WND her group is expecting between 3,000 and 5,000 people at the upcoming June 26 protest at Chesapeake City Park in Chesapeake, Va. While she is excited about the turnout, Hurd has a predicament: She must raise funds for 30 portable toilets on a shoe-string budget. "How do you tell people you need money for bathrooms?" she asked. "Does that excite or inspire anybody? Not very much." So Hurd asked taxpayers to sponsor commodes and name them with their least favorite politicians. "It started growing, and once people started seeing the list of people who were named, I got more and more requests," she said. "People started to love it." At a June 16 tea party, the group loaded 10 portable johns into trucks and paraded them through three cities – complete with names of politicians who they believe are trying to flush the nation down the toilet.

Hurd said the campaign has chosen not to use references to President Obama. "We were very careful about that. We don't even mention him remotely," she said. "He is the president, and we respect the office."

www.wnd.com...

[edit on 6/23/2009 by Zaydie]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaydie

Heh . . . they just got themselves on a list

They are now terrorists

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

LOL, yeah now they can join the rest of us.

I think this is a novel way to show what you think of the entire
Govt and it's cronies.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaydie

What upsets me is, they wouldn't put obama in a part of this, I mean, this whole we respect the sitting president, cough-bull0000cough.

C'mon bush got slandered clinton got slandered, but Obama is an exception, hang em high like the rest. Pelosi isn't new news, nor is Reid. This people are just now figuring out that these people are criminals because they can't blame bush for their actions now.

Obama has had to many get out of jail free cards. Don't care if he's black, I said it black, we all know it. Doesn't give him any exceptions! If he's doing a bad job, and you think so speak your mind, don't be taciturn on the subject.

MLK, even suggest not to be judged on colour, but on content, well I find obamas content just as bad as pelosi, why is he getting a free card?

Anyways, this tea party will just be laughed at and CNN will ridicule them and edit anything with substanance out.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Well of course it is because conservatives have way more respect for the office of President than a bunch of never happy Liberals. I thought you would understand that since you are Republcan.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Well, they wanted to teabag....

The entire concept, if based on the Colonists' famous escapade in Boston Harbour, is flawed from the outset. Ridiculously off-target.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Did Barney Frank rate a Potty? I didn't see his name...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Oatmeal

You are right. That is a gross oversight.

Hopefully someone will rectify this.

Oh wait, maybe they are saving him for something special.
Like putting his face on the toilet paper.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaydie

What an idea! I'm going to steal it from you...Barney Frank Toilet Paper!!!
I'll make a million dollars!

How about Bernie Madoff Toilet Paper...

Hillary Clinton...

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Oatmeal]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Oatmeal

Rush Limbaugh stomach pumps.

Ann Coulter hemorrhoid pads.

Sean Hannity toilet seats.

This could go on forever.....

new topics