It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives and cowboy politics at it again with Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I am just as much of a strong advocate for freedom as anybody else, however at the same time I will not use that as an excuse to jump the gun and play cowboy in international affairs. This was the same reason why we found ourselves in the costly $200 million a day Iraq war in the first place, this attitude played a major role in the attacks of 9/11 where we lost thousands of our fellow americans. We have these idiots and hypocrites in politics going on about how we have no business in everybodies lives, how we should stand for true conservative values, which by the way includes a passive foreign policy then they turn around and deman the United states government meddle in the Iranian situation. This is the exact same thing conservatives go on about Carter and yet in each of these occasions somehow the US government should play cowboy on what is delicate international situation and somehow change things in another country.

Its not our governments business to meddle in the affairs of other nations, its not OUR governments business to police the world.

Peggy Noonan, one of the harsher Obama critics in general made a good incite into the situation:

To insist the American president, in the first days of the rebellion, insert the American government into the drama was shortsighted and mischievous. The ayatollahs were only too eager to demonize the demonstrators as mindless lackeys of the Great Satan Cowboy Uncle Sam, or whatever they call us this week. John McCain and others went quite crazy insisting President Obama declare whose side America was on, as if the world doesn't know whose side America is on. "In the cause of freedom, America cannot be neutral," said Rep. Mike Pence. Who says it's neutral?

online.wsj.com...

Let me tell ya, the Iranian elites are just waiting for the cowboys to pop up trigger happy so they can continue to incite propaganda regarding american meddling. In addition to this, Hossein Mousavi is not so pure. Just because the man is accusing fairly of election fraud doesnt make him amore more innocent that the oppresive Iranian elites.

What do Michael Ledeen (the American 'neo-conservative'), Mir-Hossein Mousavi (the Iranian presidential candidate of 'chagne') and Adnan Khashoggi (the opulent Saudi Arabian jet-setter) have in common?

They are all good friends and associates of Manuchehr Ghorbanifar (an Iranian arms merchant, an alleged MOSSAD double agent, and a key figure in the Iran/Contra Affair, the arms-for-hostages deals between Iran and the Reagan administration).

revolutionaryflowerpot.blogspot.com...

Yes lets just get our government deeper into the middle east than we already are, install yet another person for our own nations agenda and needs and then get that guy to turn into another figure who's a "threat to freedom" so we can use this garbage as an excuse to "liberate". This same BS of government involvement was tried in Iraq.

We as americans should stand together and denounce those around the world who silence the freedom of speech, the right to democrat however our government has no business in those matters, we dont elect our representitives to police the world sorry.

I seem to recall a while back the French, the Zimbabweans and Russian citizens protesting the same thing, same lies, where the hell were these conservatives then? They were no where. Why? Put the puzzle together and dont let yourselves be played like tools.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The TPTB in Iran do not need the US to do anything. They will claim US interference regardless. They are doing it already.

No one is saying that we need to send in an invading force. I think most were happy with Obama's statements today that the world is watching and that it is a universal freedom to gather and protest.

This is a human rights question and should not be politicized.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ace High
The TPTB in Iran do not need the US to do anything. They will claim US interference regardless. They are doing it already.

Ofcourse they are, they already accused the western world of many things, that being said it doesnt excuse the cowboy rhetoric going on regarding involvement in the Iranian situation.

No one is saying that we need to send in an invading force.

The what the heck are they saying ACE? Enlighten me here. You think these folks just want the president to talk? Did they blame Carter for not "talking" as well in the revolution of 79', because presidents didnt talk, the revolution continued on right?

I think most were happy with Obama's statements today

Excepting for the critics, you have got to recognize that fact.

This is a human rights question

It is, as with all the other situations in world. Yet it appears countries with geographic and resourceful wealth seem to be the pick of the day for conservatives and some liberals. Get the government involvement in geographically important areas but who gives a damn about identifying the other situations. You dont seem to find issue with this ACE.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Southern Guardian]

join