It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God created us, who created the Dinosaurs??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
If God made (wo)man, did he make the dino's??

The story of creation misses one big, fat, dirty, hairy, smelly, point.............where do the dinosaurs come in to it?? They were around 65 million years before us....sooo earth MUST have been around before us.......so if god existed.....he must have been around before us.......(bear with it!!) and therefore he must have created the Dinosuars!! If he didn't who did.....maybe the Dinos evolved from lizards...in which case was god the creator of all living things??

you can't exactly say that Dinos never existed cos you can go and see their big ass bones!!

Does anyone know of any refs in the bible to do with Dinos??

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
To be quite frank and to the point humans and dinosaurs exsisted at the same time.

In the late 1800s, Samuel Hubbard, honorary curator of archaeology at the Oakland, California, Museum of Natural History, was excavating ancient Indian dwellings in the Hava Supai Canyon in Arizona. On the walls of the canyon where the Indians� ancestors once lived, Dr. Hubbard found elegant drawings of an elephant, an ibex, a dinosaur, and other animals. He stated concerning the dinosaur drawing: �Taken all in all, the proportions are good.� He further suggested that the huge reptile is �depicted in the attitude in which man would be most likely to see it�reared on its hind legs, balancing with the long tail, either feeding or in fighting position, possibly defending itself against a party of men� (as quoted in Verrill, 1954, pp. 155ff.). Dr. Hubbard also noted:

The fact that some prehistoric man made a pictograph of a dinosaur on the walls of this canyon upsets completely all of our theories regarding the antiquity of man.... The fact that the animal is upright and balanced on its tail would seem to indicate that the prehistoric artist must have seen it alive

Nearby, Dr. Hubbard and his team of archaeologists discovered dinosaur tracks preserved in strata identified as Triassic�alleged by evolutionists to be more than 165 million years old. Question: How could Indians have known how to draw such a perfect picture of an animal (the dinosaur) that they never had seen (or had described to them by someone who had seen it)?

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Interesting point

The fact that some ancient indians drew a picture of a lage lizard does not prove that humans and dinosaurs co-existed! Egyptian hyragliphs (oops spelling!!) depict half man half animal creatures....in quite good detail....look at the sphinx....better than some picture i think!! does that mean that they existed??

The dinosaurs existed 65 million years ago, and if man existed then also, why have no human remains been found and dated to this time?? In fact the oldest known hominid is 4.5 million years old! not even close to 65 million yrs! her name was 'Lucy' (named after the archeologist's wife...ahhh how sweet!!). She was an australopithicus aferensis discovered in the Sudan region in Africa......wait doesn't that make her older than eve??

Anyway, my question was who created the dinos??............

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It's simple, God created everything!

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
would you care to eloborate on your claim that god created all...or you just gonna throw that one in and run away like most religion!! If its that simple surely you can explain it to me............were the dinosaurs supposed to 'live a christian life' cos i think the T-rex is goin to hell for sure!!!

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Another highly important feature of Dr. Hubbard�s report is the discovery of fossil footprints of both the three-toed carnivorous dinosaurs and the imperial elephants in the same locality. If, as it appears, both of these creatures left their footprints in the river�s sand or mud at approximately the same period, then we must assume that the dinosaurs continued to survive for millions of years later than scientists would have us believe, or else that the imperial elephants appeared on earth millions of years before their supposed arrival. But it seems highly preposterous, and entirely contrary to all known laws of evolution, to assume that these highly developed pachyderms were inhabiting the earth long ages before more primitive types of mammals

To complicate matters, researchers reported in the April 18, 2002 issue of Nature, one of the premier science journals in the world, that they now have determined that the �last common ancestor of extant primates� existed (as dated by evolutionary dating methods) 85 million years ago (Tavar�, et al., 2002). Since dinosaurs are supposed to have died out 65 million years ago, that means the primate would have lived with the dinosaurs for at least 20 million years. One of the co-authors of the Nature paper, Christophe Soligo of London�s Natural History Museum, stated in regard to the find: �What we demonstrate is that modern orders of mammals appeared well before dinosaurs disappeared...� (see �Primate Ancestor Lived with Dinos,� 2002). So much for the belief that mammals evolved �just a tad later� than the dinosaurs.

Another example is the ICA BURIAL STONES

Javier Cabrera Darquea came into possession of his first burial stone (from the Ica section of the country of Peru) when he was given one as a paperweight for his birthday. Ironically, he could recall his own father also possessing similar oddly carved stones that his family found in their fields in the 1930s. Dr. Darquea sought out the origin of his unique gift, in an effort to amass a collection of these unique stones, and eventually assembled over 11,000 of them. The rocks turned out to be ancient burial stones that the Inca Indians placed with their dead. Almost one-third of the stones depicted specific types of dinosaurs (such as Triceratops and Stegosaurus) and various pterosaurs. The type of art form represented by these stones, and their location, dated them to the time of the Inca Culture, c. A.D. 500-1500. How could these ancient Indians have known the anatomy of these creatures if they never had witnessed them firsthand?

Validation of these stones comes from a full understanding of their history. In the 1570s, the Indian historian and chronicler of the Incas, Juan de Santa Cruz Llamgui, wrote about the engraved stones. He noted that Conquistadors had taken some of the stones back to Spain, and wrote that at the time of the Inca Pachachuti, many carved stones had been found in the kingdom of Chinca, in Chinchayunga. On October 3, 1993, the OJO, Lima Domingo, a major newspaper based in Lima, Peru, reported a Spanish priest traveling in the area of Ica in 1525, inquiring about the unusual stones that had strange animals carved on them. These reports verify that the stones were in existence long before those discovered by Dr. Darquea. Since that time, other investigators have had the opportunity to observe stones in Nasca tombs, as well as to inspect the entire Darquea collection

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by BlackJackal]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The same god that created the universe and in turn us created the dinosaurs.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
One small thing......if humans existed along with the dinosaurs for 20 million yrs as you claim, then the global mass extintion that occurred to wipe out the dinosaurs would surely have wiped out these 'primates'.....how is it that we continued to exist and the dinosaurs did not??

maybe the incas played jigsaw with the abundant dinosuar remains, much like the first scientists to make the discoveries did...i don't know!!

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
if god created us (offer evidence please!!) in his own image then what did he create the dinosuars from or even for?? some failed experiment?? where were his high morals when dealing out a big juicy asteriod to wipe the dinos out??.........

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerevar
would you care to eloborate on your claim that god created all...or you just gonna throw that one in and run away like most religion!! If its that simple surely you can explain it to me............were the dinosaurs supposed to 'live a christian life' cos i think the T-rex is goin to hell for sure!!!

Well... God created all. That's simple to understand. See, what I believe is this. God created the means for everything in the world to exist and evolve. I don't believe some entity breathed life into a clay statue and made it become a man. I believe that God created the earliest means for life on Earth to come about. Thinking this way, I think God created the dinosaurs the same way he created man.

There's no mention of dinosaurs in the Bible basically because people at that time had no idea they existed. Remember, the Bible was written by men, with inspiration from God.

Now, I can hear the criticisms now, "well if God told men how to write the Bible, why didn't he tell them about dinosaurs?" Um... Because he didn't need to. God revealed things about the way we should live, the commandments we should follow, etc. Why would he need to tell people about huge lizards that walked the earth millions of years before they existed? I don't see a reason, and for that reason, there is no mention of dinosaurs in the Bible.

Take it or leave it, but that's my explanation. Maybe there's better reasons, but that's what I believe.

Oh, and about the dinosaurs living with humans thing. I don't find it hard to believe that atleast SOME dinosaurs were still alive at the time when early humans began to thrive. I mean there are still dinos alive to day, hence the crocodile and alligator. There might have been some dinos living with our early ancestors that perhaps survived whatever catastrophe lead to the rest of their species' extinction. I don't find that hard to believe either.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

if god created us (offer evidence please!!) in his own image then what did he create the dinosuars from or even for?? some failed experiment?? where were his high morals when dealing out a big juicy asteriod to wipe the dinos out??.........

Umm... just because God created us in his image (not physical image, mind you, but our souls) that doesn't mean that he necessarily had to create everything else in his image. Are animals created in his image? Nope. So dinosaurs don't have to be either, your argument doesn't work.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
so god tells you (i say you because i do not have a faith) how to live your life on a need to know basis?? pretty much like our governments!!

your point about animals not being created in his image has one flaw.....animals do not belive in a god....as far as we know. Why? because they have no need for a god......they happily eat grass all day or chase gazelles etc. they have no social need for religion. If they did believe, why do we never see them worship? (that would be soo cool if they like built a church or something!!)

why would god create something he could not communicate with.....animals, primates, dinosaurs.....man, it would be like keeping goldfish!!! and then why out of the blue would he 'reset' the world by shoving a huge hunking rock in its face??

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
look.

god created the universe, including everything form the beginning of time. he probally got tired of dinosaurs and hurled a giant meteor at the planet so he could start again

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
KrazyIvan, you're right, in a sort of convoluted sort of way. But yeah, that's basically it.

Nerevar, don't be so quick to assume things about God and my religion. The way you said

so god tells you (i say you because i do not have a faith) how to live your life on a need to know basis?? pretty much like our governments!!
Is kind of accusitory and quick to judge. God gave us guidelines by which to live a good life, and be a good person. I'm sure you urself live by the same guidelines. Don't kill, don't steal, don't lie, respect people, treat others fairly, etc, etc. Jesus taught us to love, which to me is not a bad way to live. Your comparison of God to governments isn't a good one to make.

So what if animals don't believe in God? My point has no flaw, unless you really reach, which you're doing. If you read the Bible, it says that God created the animals first, and eventually he came to create man. He gave man domion over the animals. Animals do have a purpose, he didn't create them to have goldfish.

I can't tell you why God would create something he can't communicate with. But how do you know animals can't communicate with God? Maybe they do in some kind of way that we can't see. Maybe they have some other kind of connection to the Lord that we don't have.

You're making broad generalizations and assumptions about religion, probably to try to somehow "prove that we're believing in something that's false" or that we shouldn't even have religion, or some other thing. I've seen it before. But you've not shaken my faith, you're just reaching for problems and solutions, but it's basically all common sense...

Oh well...

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I'm partial to the right wing fundie big business argument that God created the dinosaurs first so we'd have OIL!

Praise be. Praise be.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I was not trying to shake your faith my friend, in fact i get quite jealous that other people seem to have something that i am lacking............

The way you say 'dont be so quick to assume things about god and my religion' made me laugh! Because the 'belief' in a diety is in itself an assumption! and at one point in time religion WAS government! The separate church thing is only a recent thing.....only 300 years ago the Catholic church was very powerful in deciding the fate of European nations.....if a king disputed one of the vaticans edict...he would be procliamed a Heretic and his country would rise against him in revolution!! I have no problem with people having a private faith but i don't like to be told that i must believe what they believe. I was raised as a Roman Catholic, and from an early age never questioned faith as i was warned against it....only recently i have begun questioning faith not because 'I want to prove you all wrong', but because i want to know the Truth. I do not want to blindly accept one idea or the next, i believe that creation vs evolution will never have a winner as there are valid arguments in each, however i do tend to stick to the side with more evidence...at the moment that appears to be evolution. (remember the bible is a book written by man, for man)

You also say that god gave you guidlines in which to live a good life.....i would have to agree that is a good way of life i.e. not killing, not stealing etc...but how often do you heard of 'fanatics' with no faith??.....its always god told me to do it, or god will reward me if i do it. The ony reason that i live my life the same as a christian is because it is common sense. Don't kick someone up the ass and they will like you better! Don't steal because you have no right to take what someone else has worked for.....but, sadly, because i have no faith, i am not as good as someone who proclaims their faith whilst living a similar life.

Why is it when an individual questions religion he is trying to disprove it?? I merely want to know the truth and if i am honest, i want to know the other side of the argument. Take Galilleo for example. One day he puts up his hand as says:

'excuse me but i have found evidence that the earth is not the centre of the universe....here have a look its great!!....'

To which the reply is not 'oh well done son!! [many many pats on the back follow]'

it is 'you know what dude, you're wrong. I'm afraid its house arrest for you.'

In pursuit of the truth, mankind lost a great sceintist.....and you know what.....he was right all along.

could i ask one question? What would your reaction be if a form of primitive alien life was discovered on another planet/moon.....ooh lets say europa (moon of jupiter) that had only come into existance a million years ago? not because i want to prove anyone wrong but because I would like to know? Should we start looking out for asteriods just incase our loving god (to quote Krazyivan) gets bored and hurls a giant rock at us??

Should I be digging a hole for a bunker.....maybe buy a hard hat!!

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Well... I apologize for accusing you of trying to disprove Christianity, but that seems to be the trend with a lot of people on these boards who don't believe in it. Let me just say, that my belief in God is not an assumption. I know God exists, I don't assume he exists. I see God around us all the time, I know he's there.

could i ask one question? What would your reaction be if a form of primitive alien life was discovered on another planet/moon.....ooh lets say europa (moon of jupiter) that had only come into existance a million years ago? not because i want to prove anyone wrong but because I would like to know?

I'd love that. I know theres life out there, I'm not naieve enough to believe we're the only forms of life in the universe. I actually have a theory about God and aliens; I think God created us and any aliens, and we're all part of a big symbiotic religion, kinda. It's a lot more than that, but that's basically the gist of it. So if we found life on another planet, whether it originated millions of years ago or a million years ago, I'd be extatic.

Should we start looking out for asteriods just incase our loving god (to quote Krazyivan) gets bored and hurls a giant rock at us??

People always think that anything bad that happens in the world is the work of God. God does not control everything that happens to us, he watches over us. That doesn't necessarily mean that he's responsible to stop everything bad that happens to us, either. He is just there for us when we need him, however he shows himself is up to him. If an asteroid crashed into Earth, I don't believe it would be God's doing, it would merely be an act of nature. I believe God made everything that happens in nature possible, but I don't believe everything that does happen in nature happens by his hand. He gave nature the means, nature produces the ends.

I hope that answers your questions. And I do apologize again.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Nerevar are you serious, no offesne but your logic is incredibly stupid. I doesn't bother me that I don't agree with you. What bothers me is that I suspect that you think you have discovered some incredible fact that disproves god, but it sucks. Second God is God, he can do what he wants, and what does morals have to do with wiping out a animal?

[Edited on 5-5-2004 by infovacume]

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   

your point about animals not being created in his image has one flaw.....animals do not belive in a god....as far as we know. Why? because they have no need for a god......they happily eat grass all day or chase gazelles etc. they have no social need for religion. If they did believe, why do we never see them worship? (that would be soo cool if they like built a church or something!!)

why would god create something he could not communicate with.....animals, primates, dinosaurs.....man, it would be like keeping goldfish!!! and then why out of the blue would he 'reset' the world by shoving a huge hunking rock in its face??

OMG I JUST READ THIS, are you #ing serious man, or are you just passing time by playing on the computer? IF GOD EXIST HE CAN DO ANYTHING, THATS WHY HE IS CALLED GOD. ANIMALS DON"T WORSHIP BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO SOUL. Why would he create anything by your logic, why are there flys? why are there dogs? Because he freaken made them. You dont have to believe me since you are not religious , but asking a religious question gets you a religious answer

[Edited on 5-5-2004 by infovacume]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 03:51 AM
link   
If you believe you will find a God/Godess or something else in the afterlife, you will find it.

What if all those people who compiled the books we know as the bible, and some of the people that wrote some of the books in it, tried to explain something they did not understand and saw it as a beginning of everything? I think this is very possible.

There is actually no reason for there being just one creator who created everything. Everything could simply exist in one way or another, always. Most people just try to rationalize this and see a begining and an end because the life of men is very short compared to everything else, so to most people there must have been a beginning to everything. Or that because there is so much order in the universe something must be out there wit a stick making everything happen.

But there is just as much order as there is chaos in the universe/multiverses, and in the middle a balance. Not because one deity is making sure it happens, but because when you have two opposites a third one also exists, a middle ground between the two opposites, and after these three and because of the collective conciousness there is a miriad of other forces in between the three main forces of the universe.

To keep it simple and to the point.

In life there are never ending cycles. When one life ends, life springs from it in another form, and the rest of the previous life becomes potential energy and matter once more.

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by Muaddib]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join