It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are people so uneducated as to think the world could function without monetary systems?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by astrij

None of what you listed is free. It takes signifigant investment to bring these things into widespread use and creating quantum entanglement of light beams is a far cry from creating teleportation of large objects. Even the scientest working on it put a 50-100 year time span before it leads to anything signifigant.

Now I am sure you will say if we had no money that it would be even quicker but I disagree. Making it cost money makes people decide how best to handle resources.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
It isn't impossible at all and the only reason any person believes such a thing is due to mental conditioning that all government just loves to do. Think about it for a second...how many people lived just fine in ancient times without money? How many people were more closely knit and sociable due to a lack of monetary grievances? The truth of the matter is that in today's world we NEED to destroy the "need" for money. Money is created for nothing more than a variable to control. Money is basically one of the ropes that holds the puppets even higher on the stage. That's all there is to it really and to not see it would be a very dangerous thing.

I know some out there may argue that people aren't civilized enough to handle such a situation but if you ask me that couldn't be further from the truth. Just how do people make money? They do favors for someone else right? Exactly and money in realistic terms doesn't make those favors get done; it's the work those people stressing their minds and bodies day in and out that get those favors done. Some people are making minimum wage and might know they are stuck in a risky situation doing so but a lot of these people keep their job for years...why? If they aren't making too much money then what's the point? Especially if they are given offers every now and then?

It's because those people ENJOY their job. They enjoy helping others on a daily basis and the workplace they are in. Not to mention it would probably be a simple job if they were use to the routine. Why try to quit and start something possibly more difficult rather than excelling in a single job you could eventually make more from regardless of pay or appearance of how bad the job may be. People CAN help each other and not even be bothered by it and it's due to the natural need to be helped in return by someone who is (hopefully) just as caring. The sad truth being that those people leading the businesses that hire all of those hopeful people don't care about the people working for them so long as someone is doing the work.

In our society today given the extensive knowledge of things currently available to EVERYONE; we could easily see an EVOLVED society if only we could get over our petty materialism! It's called helping one another people, one person helps you and you help them back in a reasonable way WITHOUT selfishly demanding monetary reward or a debt that exceeds the person's life. Without money we could make anything we wanted and it could be available to those willing to work for it.

I'm not saying everyone could get everything and nothing would be individual. What I am saying is that people could finally learn what it means to live in a real society not dominated by tyrannical greed. Work is going to be required to fix the world but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy helping each other as we should as a group sharing the entire planet. I know there are several different people on earth who have the potential for a more bright future. If we do not allow anyone their ability to bring forth ideas such as this then we are preventing evolution in itself from taking place. Don't leave it up to government to make the choices for you and rely on your instincts.

Buddha himself knew the evil of loving material things once he ascended to godhood and did what he could to bring that knowledge. Several other people of the like have been attempting to reveal the same ideals since day one and not enough have listened or seen what they should.

I'll leave you all with this..."Material possessions are not an evil in themselves...but loving them more than they deserve is what really brings disaster to the soul of anything...regardless of species." I just made it up...hope it rings true.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

I just wanted to show my appreciation for this thread. Monetary systems evolved because they were needed. As markets began to grow, so did the requirement of monetary systems...it made business and transactions much easier. It's the only feasible manner in which an economy can expand.
I also doubt many people would like the idea of reverting to mud huts. Even so, primitive societies will dispute territory, property, and so forth because there's no established system in which one can repay another adequately...and it's not often settled by peaceful means.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
We have a monetary system so some can eat steak while others eat bologna sandwiches. When the barter system ruled the land no one was getting rich, the social classes were not so distant. In those days you earned your food home clothes and horseshoes for your horse by providing goods or services. The banks of England were not getting what they felt they deserved so the pressure was put on the newly founded American government to implement a system that would easily funnel wealth towards the homeland aka England. Fast forward to now and the banks of England are no longer getting their share due to lost gold, lost trillions, lost jobs and the drug scam(legal and illegal) and the pressure is on again to restructure our current monetary system so England receives their fair share.TO BELIEVE OR NOT TO BELIEVE that is the question

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
dont be so quick to throw away the monetary system....i admit it has its flaws but remember with money at least we have something that is tangible and real in your pocket...if we get rid of the monetary system now (which seems to be happening) everything will shift to forms of credit-sound familiar- and basically you will never see your "money"....already our government has been dealing in lines of credit for decades and there has been no real "cash transactions" and look at where it has got us....i say gold standard!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I can see the reason it would be a bad idea to get rid of money in our current state of things what I meant by my previous post however was that if we could effectively get rid of our money system AND those who control it at the same time that would leave our society at a better position. The money system is ruled by corrupt people and as such it should be at least removed and replaced by something better if money should still be needed for some reason.

Otherwise people could theoretically just do favors for one another and evolve into a more structured society and as for people having to worry about living in mud huts I don't think we'd have to worry about that at all. We don't need money to make the things we already have we just need the people who know how to make them to be willing to work just for the sake of survival and not getting a paycheck which is practically just another piece of paper that humans have given meaning to..and too much meaning at that if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
People survived for thousands of years without monetary systems. To think it is essential for the survival of the species is downright laughable.

The only thing that couldn't survive without money is industry.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I wish everyone could have the means of subsistence farming, because when it really comes down to it, providing food for the self is essential. Especially when considering kicking our current addiction to the system. If they don't control our food they don't control us, which with Codex Alimentarius and others who wish to further control our means of living leads to other conspiracies.
However, with the advancement of our race I believe it will be essential to learn to live with the environment and have a more respectful use of our knowledge and technology for that matter.
The OP couldn't see living without money because he believes he actually "owns" something, many other great people of our past would frown upon this idea. I seem to remember a Native American tale that told of a native asking the men who just came to their part of the world why they were fencing in the land.
The survival of industry without money is also possible but it would take creativity and ingenuity; something we are still (hopefully) capable of. I live a nice life on the system but I long to break down the barriers that the lazy, and in some cases, evil people set up. It is nonsense to say that we still cant strive to advance our race technologically and intellectually without the influence of money. In most cases, this to me, is evident that in order to truly advance we must do it in all categories of mind, body, and soul. All people should naturally strive to better themselves in these respects and in an advanced civilization, money is just a hindrance to this.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Well I think some are just frustrated with the enormous corruption.

Keep in mind our money is fiat, it is backed by nothing.

The fed printed and handed out 9 trillion and then said they
won't tell us where it went.

I think a system that had open books, and was Co-op based like
farmers Co-ops would be what we need.

Current and former military in the US have access to such a bank
it is called USAA and they offer car insurance as well.

With something like this that actually sends excess money back to
clients periodically and is not driven by incessant greed and stock
prices you tend to get something geared towards the client
rather than ponzi pirates.

We are looking down the barrel of over 1,000 Trillion in derivatives
collapsing the world financial system because these jokers started
taking debt and hiding it on the unregulated penny stock market.

1,000+ Trillion derivatives bomb set to blow

So I'd say plan accordingly, and be ready for the preplanned
problem, Reaction, solution formula they have in place to make
their new bank of the world, they discuss it in public in Europe already.

Good Luck to you all !

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
People survived for thousands of years without monetary systems. To think it is essential for the survival of the species is downright laughable.

The only thing that couldn't survive without money is industry.

Industry could survive, it would just not be the same creature it is today.

Also it would be more geared towards a resource based economy.

Much like mentioned in Zeitgeist addendum.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by hitman82

The gold standard was practical, but now you'd more likely need a
silver standard with how much theoretical money is in circulation.

Our biggest problem is the rampant corruption and inflation.

Until we get the thieves out of the system we are screwed.

I cover that pretty well in my first post in this thread.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Grapeso, I understand your delima. However this world can survive just nicely without money. Remember money is a virtual commodity. It was created to keep track of commerce and the people accepted its induction. You cant go digging in the ground and find paper cash. It just dosent happen. Money is only needed when resources are scarce which is not the case in our world today. We have advanced technology to feed all the people on the earth, cloth, provide housing and all. Living in a world with no monetary control would allow for everyone to have a high standard of living and have NO DEBT. Our monetary system is designed to keep you in debt. Even if you are a rich man you still have debt. In a monetary society you own nothing. You don't own your car, your house because you continuously pay taxes on it. You don't even own the money that you have because the Federal Reserve owns it. So a monetary systems is good when things are not in abundance.

Ill give you an example here. We have all seen the Next Generation Star Trek and the new Star Trek movie. Well I'm pretty sure we all would love to live in a future such as that (minus the deadly encounters with other races, lol.) In order for us to be a space fearing society of that magnitude would require a resourced based economy. Imagine trying to build a fleet of ships like the Enterprise D. The cost of that would be so massive it would bankrupt the world 5 times over. It has been stated in many episodes that money dose not exist in this future paradigm and rightfully so. As I stated before a resourced based economy would allow for a very high standard of living, abundance of food, water , shelter and clothing for ALL PEOPLE, not just Americans. In a resourced based economy you dont have to work cause there is not need to. You can work but you wont have to worry about paying this bill, and paying that bill, or ducking creditors left and right. You can do what you want. You wanna study across seas, its free. You want to get up in the morning and go fishing, then come home and have some fun with friends you can do that. Or maybe you want to take that trip to Costa Rica. Hell get up and go!!!! ITS FREE and your FREE!!!

We have to began to see that there are other ways of doing things. Our monetary society today cause major problems. Why? Because it creates a system of severe have and have nots. In this type of system only a handful of people have control over all the money and resources. That's why there is poverty, homelessness, crime, hate. It all stems form people having to scramble to make a living. Stress, depression, relationship breakdowns, murder. How many married couples have divorces this year alone? Thousands, based off money issues. How many people have commited suicide or have had massive depression issues based off of money problems, MILLIONS!!! Its insane. Money is nothing but paper that somebody said has value. Come on. That means I can take a brick and say " This is worth 20 credits. " Its that simple. LOL. Amazing.

If you really want to educate your self on this issue visit thevenusproject.com.... Read the entire site and download the 70page document describing in detail what I just stated. Read it, discern it, and make an intelligent and now educated decision.

Much Love ATS fam!!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Unless we want to live like early agricultural societies, we NEED a monetary system to do business. The biggest reason why civilizations started to accelerate in development was the ability to use gold as a medium of monetary exchange starting around 600 BC, which made it possible for larger and larger economic trade.

I do think that given the problems with fiat currency, we could within the next 25-30 years go back to a precious metals standard for currency, one based on a ratio of gold, silver and platinum.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Again money is something that was invented. We dont need that to survive. As humans began to adapt we created a form of barter or trade with metals such as gold and silver. However those were times were the technology didn't exist to do things a better way and resources were limited based off of non existing technologies to attain these resources. Now with the advent of our computers and other devices we can easily provide for all. When you say that a monetary system is needed then your saying well I don't mind being a slave to the creditors for life. In our current system only a few people will ever reach enough wealth were they don't have to depend on jobs and 401k's or retirement to live a full and high standard lifestyle. ATS has a video posted on here called "In Debt we Trust". You have to watch it and see exactly what our "perfect" monetary system is doing to people around the world. There are ways to do things better.

But if you like being in debt for the rest of your life and being slaves to a monetary system that caters to the wealthy then that's ok. There is another video you should watch on Consciousmedianetwork.com. James Martinez talks about getting out of debt legally. But James also delves into the problems our monetary system causes. What I'm advocating is that people wake up and see that there are better ways to do things. Humans were designed to live in abundance surrounded by abundance. Not in luxury. When you live luxuriously your taking away from other people. Like all these billionaires. What dose one need with billions of dollars. Really what are u gonna do with a billion that u cant do with 1 million. This fantasy of acquiring wealth is teaching our youngsters to be material driven people. Its ridiculous. Our status in life is depends on how many toys you have. LOL. So Johns got a big house and is a successful man, guess I need to follow suit. So what do you do.

You bust your hump to get into school to get a paper degree which puts you in debt. Then you got to go get a job to pay that debt off. So you get the job work 14 hours a day only to have 23% of your check taken for taxes. Then you have to work with that to pay your, lights, water, gas, gas for the car, house note, taxes on the house, taxes on the car, kids need clothes. Uh-oh you forgot the student loans. So you see its an unending cycle of control by debt. People today are defined by their job titles and assets. So if your not a wealthy or middle class person then you basically have no place in society.

This is not a rant of anger cause I'm not rich or don't have money. And Im not saying having wealth is wrong. But when it only available to a select few then you have problems. And it will never change because of greedy politicians and corporate giants serving their self interest.

Love to all at ATS

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
indidionous tribes from all around the world seemed to cope fine with no money, the entire village shared all recources as well as materials and tools.

I think the uneducated ones cannot see a way of doing it

It works really well for them, huh? Reach bastards..
The problem arises when your commerce grows beyond a village. You have to have a basis of valuation.
Money is not inherently evil, it is a useful mean of exchange. The abuses of a system are. They all stem from usury - charging an interest on a loan. It was expressly forbidden in the Bible, for a good reason: if we accept a theory that money represent certain value, then usurer (read banker) effectively STEALING what belongs to you in form of the interest.
Prohibition of allmighty interest will surely ruin the financial and banking system, but it is not the end of the world. We will just learn how to live within our means and help each other.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Hey everyone first post so be nice

I think its time people stop and take a good hard look at how our society functions and make necessary changes to ensure our survival. There is only a finite amount of resources in the world and as our population grows the amount of resources we need increases as well.

Our current monetary system wastes these resources due mostly to competition, look in any store and see multiple copies of the same device, and think is it really necessary? In a resource based economy this is how it would work as i see it. Lets use a cell phone as an example, instead of hundreds of people working independantly of each other trying to come up with their own version, a group is formed and with input from the public and various experts in various fields ie manufacturing, materials, capabilities of said device to devise the best possible device that our current technology would allow. Tech in general would benefit the most from this kind of system simply because all the people who currently work for various companies/governtments would instead work together and that would naturally allow for greater advancements more quickly.

We just tend to accept things as they are instead of questioning or thinking about what could be. I realize that thats a pretty broad statement but really thats how broad our acceptance is these days.

Check out www.thevenusproject.com and watch "future by design" it makes you think.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
It would if it knew how to live. I know the practicality and freedom money gives but that freedom is an illusion. And proven so and is failing. Being kept alive by lies, frauds, and every evil under the sun.

People when they learn freedom is a priviledge of nature and time, not money, they will see how to live together properly until then its disneyland and scuba diving for 50$ an hour..wooo watch me ride this one...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

The OP question is analogous to:
People are complaining about the food being served, diced eyeballs in motor oil, to which the response is: "Are you people so uneducated that you think you don't need to eat?"...We understand about eating, we don't need to eat this, these chefs are not our friends...It requires our consent for this restaurant to continue, we think we might try to eat a little differently...

Money is a concept, and I could implement the money concept with (a thousand or a county of) like-minded individuals, without paying interest to the current money-witches who have never done anything except give themselves credit for lending me something that they didn't actually have to begin with...DEBT REPUDIATION, too bad, so sad, the consequences would not be worse than the current consequences, maybe, let's go all banana republic and try it and see, you bet...

And again, the OP question is like, if every current airline went broke, would people stop flying?...People would (soon) still be flying, they would just be served by different entities...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
My post is encoded in my signature, please read and click the link for your education.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
indidionous tribes from all around the world seemed to cope fine with no money, the entire village shared all recources as well as materials and tools.

I think the uneducated ones cannot see a way of doing it

So true. There have also been societies that use the bartar system as well. In other words they would trade services for goods or goods for goods and even services for services. No money was needed.

Just an agreement that if you give me this product I will give you this service.

" Hey I will mow your lawn in exchange for some gasoline for my car"

Along that line. munkey you are right, even today there are many societies that share everything and seem to be doing ok.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join