It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are people so uneducated as to think the world could function without monetary systems?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Well your whole non profit idea might work if you understood how non profits actually work in the real world.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
reply to post by tmmayer

Dude that is quite a fantasy that you came up with. So when everything is free we wont need to account for anything? How are they going to find the stuff they need to make stuff if someone doesnt keep track of where it is at and how much they have. That is also called accounting or logistics.

Most electric cars dont go 200mph. Speed Racer was just a movie.

There arent machines that just come to your land and magically build a house for you. Have you ever worked construction? Good luck making a machine that can do half of what a crew of people building houses do on a daily basis..

I would go further, but why waste any more time for either of us.

First, a thorough initial analysis and inventory of all the earth's available resources would have to be taken. Afterwards the resource-based accounting would be kept track of by a computer brain.

In The Venus Project machines building houses is exactly what they are proposing. See this page www.thevenusproject.com... and this page www.thevenusproject.com...

The machine in the foreground is a multi-function unit. Here, it is used to lift and insert prefabricated housing components into a support structure. Although these "prefab" units will be composed of standard components, they will be of a modular design of such a wide and diverse array as to allow maximum individual expression in interior design and décor.

The construction of these industrial and research complexes in the Circular City can be carried out by robotic equipment that will receive instructions via satellite. Automated cranes travel along the buildings' length installing floors, windows, curtain walls, roofing, and other components from the ground up. These devices will contain sensors to minimize industrial accidents or collisions with other devices or living beings.

Homes could be prefabricated of a new type of pre-stressed, reinforced concrete with a flexible ceramic external coating that would be relatively maintenance free, fireproof, and impervious to the weather. Their thin shell construction can be mass-produced in a matter of hours. With this type of construction, there would be minimal damage from earthquakes and hurricanes.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by consciencious observer

Is there some school in the world that just teaches sci-fi and fantasies? Where do some people come up with this stuff. I hope it is mostly caused because of the foolishness of youth and most people will grow out of it for their own sake.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I very rarely post here, but a lot of people seem to be missing the point.

A non-monetary based resource economy provides for all. Crime would be greatly reduced as one does not need to 'purchase items' (theft).

Rather than me having a garage full of crap that I never use, there can be a central location where I can obtain these things, use them and then return them for someone else to you.

This is a far more sustainable system for this planet. The way we over-consume in the west is at the determent to other cultures and each other. The strive should be NOT to beat each other, but to work together to bring together a sustainable society with high education and freedom.

A monetary system is just an extention of a slave system, where you can be controlled by monetary output. You have freedoms on what you can do with this moment, but the system itself it designed to have people fail.

We need to move past the ME mentality and start working together and building an intellectual stable society, to ensure the future of this planet and its inhabitants.

Fact is, at this stage we have no-where else to go, and our number one priority should be making the resources on this planet last. This means the end of the 'company'. 200 competing companies making the same thing is a ridiculous waste and lack of efficient use of resources.

Change is the flavour of the day, and this is the change we need.

Forget about taking apples, or pricing of housing. We would all live in basic housing with essentials. This would provide to outlet for people to leave the house in order to do other things. It would make this planet a far better, more proactive and livable society.

I am pretty sure I rambled a fair bit, so I apologise...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question Fate

Isnt it painfully obvious that our current system doesnt work? The only way to sustain the current system is to keep pri8nting money out of thin air! The world could function just fine without money. We have the technology to completely eliminate the need for a monetary system. Most of the worlds problems couldve been eliminated by now if it werent for the need to PAY for the solution.

No it isnt painfully obvious that the monetary system doesnt work. It is however painfully obvious that the world is full of idiots who cant manage money. It is also painfully obvious that we elected some of these idiots to run the world.

If a government wasnt so stupid as to quit spending more and more money then we wouldnt need to print money out of thin air.

We do not have the tech to eliminate the need for a monetary system. Please list this amazing tech you speak of, and dont let it just be the figment of some kids imagination.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

your an idiot

I'll take my warning now..

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

well, feel free to explain how they work "in the real world"...

edit to add:

Im sure there would be all sorts of legal issues with it, but
I havnt seen anyone give any reason as to why that idea wouldn't work...so by all means give a reason...anything

[edit on 23-6-2009 by open_eyeballs]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

reply to post by dannyfal

I say you should have a go at it. Maybe you should try being Amish for a while or something like that. Have fun!

Perhaps he will. Perhaps he will have fun. It seems like a simpistic and rather enjoyable way of life to me. A life in which monetary gain and materialistic possessions are relatively meaningless. More emphasis is placed on necessities like food and shelter and spending time with friends and loved ones.

However, they wont be able to watch "Dancing With the Stars" on their 52 inch plasma televisions. Nor will they be able to play "Call of Duty 4" on their Play Stations 3's. They can also forget about the privilege of pissing away hundreds of dollars a month just to fill their vehicle's gas tank. I shouldn't forget to include the fact that they are about the closest that society can get to living a completely independent lifestyle with as little intrusion by the state as possible.

Yeah, certainly sucks to be the Amish. How on Earth do they even manage to make it through life.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question Fate

Isnt it painfully obvious that our current system doesnt work? The only way to sustain the current system is to keep pri8nting money out of thin air! The world could function just fine without money. We have the technology to completely eliminate the need for a monetary system. Most of the worlds problems couldve been eliminated by now if it werent for the need to PAY for the solution.

We do not have the tech to eliminate the need for a monetary system. Please list this amazing tech you speak of, and dont let it just be the figment of some kids imagination.

We don't currently have the tech, but we have far better technology than we are currently using. The reason for this is that we have to keep people in jobs. So we do that at the expense of the robots. In an economic system if we spent all our money on robots you would have a lot of rich people and a lot of poor people doing menial labor and virtually no middle class. (This is according to The Venus Project Activist Orientation Guide www.thezeitgeistmovement.com...)

The goal is to spend time and effort on advancing our robot technology (he calls it cybernated machines because they are interfaced with computers) to get them to do what we need them to do. It will take a massive effort to advance in a reasonable amount of time, but that is the goal.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I should also add that the Amish also aren't reliant on a large, heartless corporation to heat their homes, either. I'd imagine they use firewood. A completely free source of heat. They also don't have to pay for electricity either. Again, fire effectively lights their homes for free.

The majority of the rest of us who live in mainstream society, can't really say the same, now can we?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by astrij

LMAO, free energy has been right under our noses for years and we failed to realize it. Wood - The new free energy.

When did wood become free. If you have a lot of land and a lot of time to chop up trees then yeah wood is free, but I could also say that if I had a coalmine in my back yard that is free energy.

I hate to inform you that most of mankind (at least the civilized part) has many years ago advanced past heating our homes with wood and lighting our homes with the open hearth and candles.

Seriously, some of you need to get out more or quit partying with the Amish.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

No it isnt painfully obvious that the monetary system doesnt work. It is however painfully obvious that the world is full of idiots who cant manage money. It is also painfully obvious that we elected some of these idiots to run the world.

On a side note, do you think it's any coincidence that we don't learn to manage our money in school? I smell a conspiracy to keep people broke.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by theyreadmymind]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

reply to post by astrij

LMAO, free energy has been right under our noses for years and we failed to realize it. Wood - The new free energy.

When did wood become free. If you have a lot of land and a lot of time to chop up trees then yeah wood is free, but I could also say that if I had a coalmine in my back yard that is free energy.

I hate to inform you that most of mankind (at least the civilized part) has many years ago advanced past heating our homes with wood and lighting our homes with the open hearth and candles.

Seriously, some of you need to get out more or quit partying with the Amish.

Claiming those of us outside communities like the Amish are civilized is purely subjective. Just because they have chosen to live off the grid, does not make them any less civilized than the rest of us.

We also could be using a cleaner, more effective solution for our energy needs. Ironically, money -greed -profit is the very reason we haven't implimented such a solution as of yet. Go figure.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by theyreadmymind

On a side note, do you think it's any coincidence that we don't learn to manage our money in school? I smell a conspiracy to keep people broke.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by theyreadmymind]

This is what boils my blood. Is the government really responsible to teach us everything? Dont parents have a responsiblity to teach their children and adults the responsiblity to teach themselves.

Just becasue they give you free education doesnt mean they are responsible for you learning everything in life you need to succeed.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by astrij

We also could be using a cleaner, more effective solution for our energy needs. Ironically, money -greed -profit is the very reason we haven't implimented such a solution as of yet. Go figure.

Oh please share with me the next magical machine that is hidden because of money -greed -profit!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I consider financing basics. It is necessary for everyone to know how to control your money. Consider that they are the ones who made this monetary system so complicated. You have to be an expert to understand it. The least they could do is teach you how to paddle through it. What is the point of school if it is not to teach you the basics of survival? I had to figure it out all on my own and by the time I did I already lost hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Edit: It's not free! We pay for it through our taxes.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by theyreadmymind]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by theyreadmymind

Sorry you lost money. That always sucks. Sometimes loosing money is just the cost of a good money education

Money is simple. People make it complicated. All you have to do to manage money is add, subtract, divide, and multiply, and learn to tell yourself and those you love NO! or WAIT!

Blame your parents or yourself for you not learning about money. Public schools are there to aid you in learning. They are not the end all be all that people expect. Public school was designed to make you a productive factory worker.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Blame your parents or yourself for you not learning about money. Public schools are there to aid you in learning. They are not the end all be all that people expect. Public school was designed to make you a productive factory worker.

And you don't see anything wrong with that statement? Productive, yet broke, factory worker.

So much crap I learned in school, but real life skills like keeping track of finances, investing, how to petition and work within the government and the political system, those are skills I really could have used. Those are the skills they conveniently neglected to teach us. Skills that could keep masses of people from being poor, and masses of people to change their government for the better. Instead we have poor, factory workers, who don't like what their government is doing but don't think there's anything they can do about it.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by theyreadmymind]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I didnt say it was right to train you to be a good factory worker. I meant if you or your parents wanted more than that then it is your responsiblity to learn more than what they taught you in school. People need to take responsiblity for their lives and quit depending on the government to parent them.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

reply to post by astrij

Oh please share with me the next magical machine that is hidden because of money -greed -profit!

How about wind, water and solar power. Also, If mainstream science can discover the basics of teleportation:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then I find it difficult to believe that scientists or engineers who are employed by the government. have yet to discover another clean source of energy.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join