It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are people so uneducated as to think the world could function without monetary systems?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

LOL, I am not avoiding anything. The fed is not the only monetary system on Earth or the only one conceivable.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This thread should just bury itself alive!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
I keep reading info from people who think that the world would be a better place if we got rid of all monetary systems. That has to be one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. The only reason I can think of why they would want that is because they have no money, and do not plan on getting any in the near future.

How would we buy anything that was expensive, like a house, a car, another business, etc?

How would the world function without some form of money?

Am I missing some profound sort of knowledge or something?

That's not stupid!!!That's evolution!!!
Stupid is to think that we couldn't live without!

[edit on 23-6-2009 by upnorthtrip]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by thefreepatriot
reply to post by grapesofraft

actually there are unlimited energy resources.... just look above.. then look below for geothermal... its all around us... using oil or other limited resources is a choice because in fact those resources are LIMITED... which make then more valuable... we have the technology right now to run the world off water...(hydrogen from water) we have the technology to run the world off the sun... we have the technology to run the world on geothermal.... the problem is that there isnt money to be made because it is UNLIMITED. and you cant make much money on unlimited resources... this is why we have to get off the fiat based currencies.. its really a big joke... you work your arse off paper money that isnt even backed by anything physical\real exept for debt.. only to buy more things that really arent worth anything... the elite have given the peasants "money" so that they can be entertained working for things that do not exist... meanwhile the elite stockpile on gold\silver, realestate etc... and we keep working to pick cotton(paper money is made from cotton not trees) do you NOT SEE AN IRONY THERE??? we are slaves ladies and gentleman... slaves made to think that we are free... but in reality we are still picking cotton like slaves from the past...

yes i see the irony.... i really think the world would be a better place if we would get away from the monetary systems.... but then again it would never happen. the monetary systems are that powerful that most businesses in the world would need to rise against the systems and start trading back and forth with what is needed between them but that still would not work and most of the population on earth would in a third world country status and starve. but what we do need is a company to come out with ways of supplying unlimited resources to the direct public for no profit..... o wait that will never happen since the general public is at fault since most ppl that have some kind of money are greedy and unlimited resources would still be expensive.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ctjctjctj
To prove OP's point, let us all do this and get everyone to do it.
Print m and flood every street with m.

LOL, I am pretty sure they will lock you up for that, unless you are just printing monopoly money. Even that would get you busted for copyright violation.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by upnorthtrip

Not having an efficient means to trade things of different values, is not evolution it would be deevolution. Do you want to go back and live in a tribe somewhere? Why do I ask, you are probably all about living in a mud hut and wearing a grass skirt.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

yes but do you want to go back to living like that, and throw away all the progress and tecnologys man has made?

I dont.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtinguish

And look at their quality of life. If ridding all monetary systems places mankind back in mud huts, then that isn't the way to go.

I'm pretty sure mankind was intended to be living like we did 10,000 years ago. Technology has thwarted biological evolution. Same way that money has thwarted spiritual evolution. I vote for living in huts and living simpler lives like the tribes.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dannyfal

thats a matter of opionon, there are plenty of groups that share your opinion why not go join them?

also , if you feel that way why do you got a comp?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

reply to post by upnorthtrip

Not having an efficient means to trade things of different values, is not evolution it would be deevolution. Do you want to go back and live in a tribe somewhere? Why do I ask, you are probably all about living in a mud hut and wearing a grass skirt.

Maybe my evolution is not your evolution.
I think manking has gone too far with materialism and maybe we should go back a bit,yes!
On the crossroads there is a plaque that says Love.
We should follow it!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I would be one of the people that believes the world would be a much better place without money. Yeah, most of you are right. As the world works right now, everyone having a job, you couldn't take money away because the system would fall apart. As like communism, it just doesn't work, but that's because money is involved.

In a resource based economy, all of our highest technologies would be used to phase out at least at first 90% of all jobs in existence. Let me explain.

First of all if you take away money you have no need for advertising, accountancy, banks, and any other such system that deals with money.

Secondly, does anyone realize that at the present moment we could automate every single factory, irrigation systems, food and drinking water, etc etc etc? We have the technology to make machines that create our houses for us. We have the technology to run the entire world on 3 types of energy alone, (solar, wind and geothermal) not to mention wave and tidal power.

Cars. Electric cars were made before gas cars. If you don't believe me, brush up on your history. Gas cars were chosen over electric cars because they were able to go faster and for much longer distances. This is now waayyy outdated. The batteries we have available for cars now can get us as far as we need to go to the next gas station (electric station) and then some. And most nowadays can exceed 200 mph. So if you are worried about not being able to have that extra boost, its there. Also if we are using 100% clean renewable energy the cars make 0 pollution and or waste.

Long distance travel. It's time we get out of the sky. It was a good idea. But until we can make something fly without gas we need to get out of the friggin air. Bullet trains. The bullet train technology, or Maglev, has been around forever, and yeah it's fast, but not fast enough, and it doesn't reach across continents. So here's the solution. www.popsci.com... This is a tube train. Using a similar technology to the one used currently in Japan, but, reaches speeds of up to 4000 mph. And uses less than 2% of the energy used for the same distance of a plane flight. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

As you can see, and these are only a small few examples of hundreds, the technology that we have today, and the technology we could have in the near future, coupled with the highest level of education possible, (better even than Sweden, Canada, Switzerland etc etc.) could create a safe satisfying world for all of use to live in, harmoniously, without war or poverty, hunger and water shortage.

In my unprofessional opinion, the uneducated ones are the ones that have been brought up to believe that humans could never survive without money. And it just isn't true. Money creates corruption, money is used to corrupt the leaders of other countries. And what are you gonna do with all that money and stuff that you have accumulated when you die? Give it to your children. Your children are the ones that are going to eventually wake up and revolt against the system of money. Let's start now. Spread the word.

First post on this site. Let me know if I broke any rules, tried to stay in the limits. Wanna learn the system. This is my type of site.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tmmayer
I would be one of the people that believes the world would be a much better place without money. Yeah, most of you are right. As the world works right now, everyone having a job, you couldn't take money away because the system would fall apart. As like communism, it just doesn't work, but that's because money is involved.

In a resource based economy, all of our highest technologies would be used to phase out at least at first 90% of all jobs in existence. Let me explain.

First of all if you take away money you have no need for advertising, accountancy, banks, and any other such system that deals with money.

Secondly, does anyone realize that at the present moment we could automate every single factory, irrigation systems, food and drinking water, etc etc etc? We have the technology to make machines that create our houses for us. We have the technology to run the entire world on 3 types of energy alone, (solar, wind and geothermal) not to mention wave and tidal power.

Cars. Electric cars were made before gas cars. If you don't believe me, brush up on your history. Gas cars were chosen over electric cars because they were able to go faster and for much longer distances. This is now waayyy outdated. The batteries we have available for cars now can get us as far as we need to go to the next gas station (electric station) and then some. And most nowadays can exceed 200 mph. So if you are worried about not being able to have that extra boost, its there. Also if we are using 100% clean renewable energy the cars make 0 pollution and or waste.

Long distance travel. It's time we get out of the sky. It was a good idea. But until we can make something fly without gas we need to get out of the friggin air. Bullet trains. The bullet train technology, or Maglev, has been around forever, and yeah it's fast, but not fast enough, and it doesn't reach across continents. So here's the solution. www.popsci.com... This is a tube train. Using a similar technology to the one used currently in Japan, but, reaches speeds of up to 4000 mph. And uses less than 2% of the energy used for the same distance of a plane flight. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

As you can see, and these are only a small few examples of hundreds, the technology that we have today, and the technology we could have in the near future, coupled with the highest level of education possible, (better even than Sweden, Canada, Switzerland etc etc.) could create a safe satisfying world for all of use to live in, harmoniously, without war or poverty, hunger and water shortage.

In my unprofessional opinion, the uneducated ones are the ones that have been brought up to believe that humans could never survive without money. And it just isn't true. Money creates corruption, money is used to corrupt the leaders of other countries. And what are you gonna do with all that money and stuff that you have accumulated when you die? Give it to your children. Your children are the ones that are going to eventually wake up and revolt against the system of money. Let's start now. Spread the word.

First post on this site. Let me know if I broke any rules, tried to stay in the limits. Wanna learn the system. This is my type of site.

I am also one of the believers with a society without money and completely agree with you.

The video link below explains it all. Fast forward to 54:30 and spread the word!

video.google.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Funny. Why not ask your self what the route of all of our problems are. What it essentially comes down too. MONEY!. Get rid of the roots, you get rid of the weeds. So, you get rid of money, you get rid of the problems.
There really isnt much into understanding this simple concept.
With a lot of money comes a lot of power, in most cases. What does someone who has power want most in their life? MORE POWER. I dont have to explain why having to much power is bad.

I dont have a lot of money, but money I do have and money I will have in the future. But money is the last thing I would want, only becuase we currently have to have it, is why I need it.

Peace!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
indidionous tribes from all around the world seemed to cope fine with no money, the entire village shared all recources as well as materials and tools.

I think the uneducated ones cannot see a way of doing it

Ok well that might work for a small tribe in the middle of a jungle or rain forest where all they have to buy is some food or materials for a new hut. However, I prefer my modern way of life.

So say I want to buy a 500k house, how am I going to trade for that? What am I going to do, bring 2 cars, a boat, a bunch of nuts and fruit, the dog and cat, my kids, etc to exchange for the house, and even worse what if i want to borrow some of the "stuff" to pay for it?

Do I go to the bank and ask for a bunch of walnuts or wood or something?
The key to Big Banking and Government enslaving the uneducated fools in society is by making them dependent on credit, and huge amounts of it at that; as you obviously are.

Good job being a part of the problem and being too blind to see the solution.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
free energy can change everything

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I guess this is as good a place as any to add my opinion.

While I liked many of the answers and replies..especially the one with the colonial script. I believe I have a decent idea to cut down the greed and corporate fascism that seems to weigh this country down so much.

its called a 501 (c)3..or NPO (not for profit)..corporation.

Take the behemoth corporations and turn them into not for profit corporations...Especially ones that serve societies greatest demands such as food, gasoline and energy. I want to add here, that I believe capitalism works, and has done a pretty good job thus far, but there has been too many instances where the population is and has been exploited.

We are not just consumers.

With a NPO there are still salaries earned. Certainly the founders, inventors, and management garner a higher wage, but the little guy will get a more fair wage and their will be less emphasis on profiteering at any means (in my opinion, hopefully). If a better wage can be earned there will be less need for pensions and 401ks that turn around and bite the company in the behind 25 years down the line. Less need for bully labor unions, or they may take on some other role....

And best yet, NPOs dont have to pay taxes...which hopefully would help to shrink government and help fend off corruption. I think we all know at this point...the less government the better...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
indidionous tribes from all around the world seemed to cope fine with no money, the entire village shared all recources as well as materials and tools.

I think the uneducated ones cannot see a way of doing it

it's a funny mix here on ATS.

Half are collectivist Marxists, half are libertarian anarchists, half are right-wing, free-marketeer capitalists

yeah, you heard me. half fall into two or three of the above camps lol.

Anyway, it's an interesting topic. The case could be made that the monetary system has grown out of control (towards kinda virtualization, if you like), and that we should pare it back a bit.

It was originally supposed to make barter easy: ie you didn't have to carry a cow around to barter stuff for it (carry some gold of a given relative value to cows, or whatever, and use that instead).

It was a natural progression to dispense with using gold/silver directly, and use notes and coins which could be traded in for a given sum of gold/silver.

Then we did away with the idea of fixing the price of currency on precious metals altogether. Which was good in the sense that it allowed rulers flexibility in regard to the money supply. And bad for the very same reason.

I dunno -- maybe we should think about turning back the clock to a gold-backed system. But it's a big, big question with huge economic (and political) ramifications. We'd need to hear both sides of such an argument.

So... I've no point really-- just adding to the debate

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

now I DEFINITELY don't agree with this.

It would de-incentivize enterprise, reduce accountability (profitibility) and be an economic disaster.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join