It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swiss Offer Millionaires A Haven Away From The Poor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
So this is the Swiss answer to the problem of where to house the millionaires!

Sounds like a perfect fit with all the dont ask dont tell secret Swill banking rules.

I suppose the elite do have to have a place to live....

www.guardian.co.uk...

The plans of a Swiss canton to attract the super-rich by offering them the chance to buy property in exclusive, previously out of bounds locations has sparked a political row and accusations that the country is encouraging apartheid of the rich and poor.

The canton of Obwalden is planning to launch "special living zones" for millionaires in an attempt to boost its tax take by luring the wealthiest residents. Like other cantons in the tax haven, Obwalden finds itself short of revenue because it has been competing with other jurisdictions to see who can offer the lowest rate of tax.

..........Details of Obwalden's plan, published in the Swiss press, suggest selling villas on an exclusive basis to those who pay high taxes or who create work in the area – "a sunny location, with low noise emissions, good amenities … as well as an unrestricted view that cannot be built on".

The homes would be constructed on land not usually accessible to ordinary citizens, leading to accusations that the policy discriminates against less wealthy inhabitants while rewarding the rich.

"These special living zones are nothing less than a form of apartheid," said Moritz Leuenberger.......

.......Obwalden reduced its taxes by a quarter three years ago, bringing corporate tax down to 6.6% and local income tax down to 1.8% in reaction to pressure from its inhabitants – 90% voted in favour of the move in a referendum.

It also introduced a flat tax rate, meaning that a millionaire chief executive pays the same percentage of tax as a toilet attendant.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Their little hide away when SHTF. So you folks across the pond know where to run to now !

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
when SHTF and all the money people are hiding in Switzerland (protected by those mountains), all we gotta do is drop a few zombies down there from a plane!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Hasn't it been like this for a long time now. Not that i know really but i'm pretty sure alot of the rich have places there already. Maybey not alot i dunno.

But seriously it's interesting as to it being published. Like i know theyre talking about "special new untouched land" but really whats the difference.

Like all of a sudden there is a big difference between the common folk and the super rich.

The more we change....The more we stay the same.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by toraylin
Hasn't it been like this for a long time now. Not that i know really but i'm pretty sure alot of the rich have places there already. Maybey not alot i dunno.

But seriously it's interesting as to it being published. Like i know theyre talking about "special new untouched land" but really whats the difference.

Like all of a sudden there is a big difference between the common folk and the super rich.

The more we change....The more we stay the same.

Yes, there is places where the more wealthy live but there is nothing saying less rich people couldnt live in those places. This, now is creating a place where only super rich can live and saying that the poor are not allowed. In the good ol' days this would have been extremely illegal in America

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Excellent! Can I offer my services to help any rich people pack? I am sure your gonna be busy and would like a hand packing your bags. I don't want to see any of you delayed in leaving.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Income tax 1.8 percent!!!!!
I want to be Swiss. Millionaires get just fine everywhere for some reason, maybe here living in a "exclusive" zone could be another bonus.
But all the others are paying 1.8 percent too. And i pay 34 percent. Wow! This is a conspiracy, i do not care about millionaires and their games

top topics

join