It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official: N. Korean ship carries weapons to Myanmar

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
reply to post by alyosha1981

They might be able to kill a lot of people in Seoul, but it doesnt mean that South Korean and/or they USA couldnt kick the living hell out of them in the end.

That is an understatement. The US has ~ 25,000 troops in SK and they are sitting ducks if NK decides to fire off their artillary.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
It seems to me that this shipment by North Korea is a very carefully planned challenge to the US and President Obama. We said, "Don't do this or face the consequences." They are simply stepping across the line with impunity and saying, "Na Na Now what are you going to do!"

I think it is really simple. They think Obama is weak and will back down. It looks like they are going to be proven right.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Yes, hence the argument, that they would indeed put up a good fight and not just take it.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by itguysrule
It seems to me that this shipment by North Korea is a very carefully planned challenge to the US and President Obama. We said, "Don't do this or face the consequences." They are simply stepping across the line with impunity and saying, "Na Na Now what are you going to do!"

I think it is really simple. They think Obama is weak and will back down. It looks like they are going to be proven right.

Yes, it really feels like North Korea is pushing the envelope. I really wish the EU, or any other nation would step up and put an end to this lunacy. Why must the US be forced into the police of the world?

I mean let's face it. If NK goes unchecked and attacks SK or Japan, who will the world blame? USA

If USA boards ship and NK responds by attacking SK or Japan who will the world blame? USA

This is a prime opportunity for Russia, China, or the EU to step and prove they are worthy of sharing the limelight of world leader with the US.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
A nice bit of word play in the article.

believed to be heading toward Myanmar carrying small arms cargo

If you can not work it out then carry on Baaing to what they want you to believe.
Believed is the clue word and where its placed,not where it should be.

Come on guys and girls,you are all intelligent people.Work it out,the BS you keep getting fed to go along with what they want.
I used to go along with it but then got wise to it in my early 30's.

Check it out in the WORLD Korea news and updates thread.
You can follow the headlines and see the propaganda machine at work building it up.

Being on this sight I'm sure your BS meter has become more accurate,so put it to use and yes you may have woken up to somethings,but there are still some more to get wise to.

If only just one of you gets it,then my words have been worth it.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ace High
Yes, it really feels like North Korea is pushing the envelope. I really wish the EU, or any other nation would step up and put an end to this lunacy. Why must the US be forced into the police of the world?

The problem is, the EU and the UN and almost everyone else have been taking the "easy road" for decades and allowing the US to do all of the "heavy lifting." Now that the US is stepping back (a policy which I strongly disagree with) everyone is still looking for someone else to step up. It is really kind of pathetic to see all of the supposedly "great nations" and "world leaders" cower in front of a little despot country like North Korea.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
you are right ace high. usa has alot of troops over there. so a first strike would be at those you do not want and they are the americans right next door. kim jon ill has already lined up missles on his borders and in the water. you just do not do that unless you think you are going to use them. we will search his ships and he says that is an act of war. do you think we are just going to stand there and let him sail his ships and subs in waters close to the usa. No way. he denys the U.N, we sanction him, he threatens us. it is a question of when and where he strikes. I would have on stand by a fleet too, with a mad man like him. Kim jon ill.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Well I say if NK thinks it is so darn bad, then lets have a round or two and see who wins. I volunteer, give me a gun, some ammo, and ship my butt on over there. I really doubt our military leaders are so dumb that they would leave 250k defenseless troops sitting there waiting for mortar fire to rain down on them. For crap sake, we are not Iraq.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
maybe they all conected. if one picks a fight with the usa then others will join against usa. maybe iran in with kim jon ill. or maybe others, who knows.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Bottom line here, is will anybody step up and inspect this ship's cargo? If so then we can expect combat with North Korea. The 27k U.S troops over there, just a speedbump if the DPRK military comes south in a hurry obviously preceded by their artillery, I was at Camp Hovey and we were always told that our entire post including Camp Casey and all others had a devastating amount of artie pointed right at us ready to rain it down on a moments notice. Short of the long if the ship is inspected, this will be ugly and I don't rule out Kim's use of nuclear weapons as well.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981
Bottom line here, is will anybody step up and inspect this ship's cargo? If so then we can expect combat with North Korea. The 27k U.S troops over there, just a speedbump if the DPRK military comes south in a hurry obviously preceded by their artillery, I was at Camp Hovey and we were always told that our entire post including Camp Casey and all others had a devastating amount of artie pointed right at us ready to rain it down on a moments notice. Short of the long if the ship is inspected, this will be ugly and I don't rule out Kim's use of nuclear weapons as well.

I could be wrong but I think NK actually has a plan, and as much as I hate it, it might just work. Think about this, the US boards the ship, NK launches an immediate barrage on Seoul and launch ground troops at the same time. In a matter of 3-5 hours they have taken a large majority of SK they offer the UN or US a peace treaty with the promise that they will cease hostilities. Why would the world agree to this cease fire and not blast NK off the map? They have 3-6 nuclear tipped short range rockets aimed at Tokyo.

This could be bad.

Sorry if this post is too scare mongering, I just think NK has to have some game plan going here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join