It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Air Force Threw Egg On It's Own Face Regarding Roswell

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

What a crock.....

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
You're right, it is downright stupid and didn't make any points. BUT, any other explanation straying from the original report is just as dumb. A UFO didn't crash near Roswell. The cold war demanded that a phony story be released but what "Mac" Brazell described he found is the real, true story. I know, I know, I'm one of the rare few who doesn't buy the Stanton Friedman b.s. and everything that came afterwards which still goes on today and is like a flea, difficult to remove.

Roswell/UFO is for the gullible.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

Brazel was forced to change his testimony. The Roswell Daily Record was forced to stop talking about a recovered disk. Residence were threatened into silence (over a Mogul balloon? I don't think so.) Base intelligence officer Jesse Marcel was told to pose with fake wreckage material. The list goes on and on. Nothing the Air Force has said makes any sense. None of the materials that went into the Mogul balloons was out of the ordinary. Marcel would have been able to tell it was a radar balloon device and not a flying saucer.

I met a guy who worked at the Pentagon (U.S. Army) and handled top secret memos off to generals. I asked him about Roswell. He said he thinks it was an alien craft for sure. That's coming from someone who worked at the Pentagon. So he's gullible?

[edit on 12-10-2009 by ufo reality]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Well for me it is like this:

• Roswell: Sketchy, the evidence is just about even both ways, in fact when you simplify it down to the people who actually made physical contact with bodies or debris you are left with SEVEN, out of the over 400 witnesses. Around half of those witnesses have sketchy credibility at best, the other 390 plus give all their information second hand. I used to be absolute about Roswell, now not so much. There are some questions that need to be answered or investigated by both "sides". As I said in my PODCAST, right now I am 50/50, but would bet money on Mogul being true, to some extent anyways.

-Relevant Thread: The Case For Roswell (Condensed)

• Rendlesham- Solid, anyone who researches the case will realize this. There is no publicly acknowledged craft that can perform the maneuvers seen when the craft left, let alone match the military officer's descriptions of what they saw. In my opinion, this is one of the top cases, some will disagree, but it is what it is.

-Relevant Link: The Case For Rendelsham

• The Hill Abduction- Solid, the Star Map does it for me, not to mention the witnesses (Betty and Barney Hill). People can say what they want about the Star Map and the odds given the size of the Universe but to draw something in that detail years before that system is discovered officially is beyond a coincidence for me. Not to mention the fact that they reported being abducted by the very beings which have become the "classic" abducting alien race today. A mere coincidence and public suggestion? The odds against that are very high.

-Relevant Links: The Hill Abduction Case
    -Betty Hill Starmap: New Insight

[edit on 10/13/2009 by jkrog08]

• posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:16 PM
    link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
    reply to post by Skeptical Ed

Brazel was forced to change his testimony. The Roswell Daily Record was forced to stop talking about a recovered disk. Residence were threatened into silence (over a Mogul balloon? I don't think so.) Base intelligence officer Jesse Marcel was told to pose with fake wreckage material. The list goes on and on. Nothing the Air Force has said makes any sense. None of the materials that went into the Mogul balloons was out of the ordinary. Marcel would have been able to tell it was a radar balloon device and not a flying saucer.

I met a guy who worked at the Pentagon (U.S. Army) and handled top secret memos off to generals. I asked him about Roswell. He said he thinks it was an alien craft for sure. That's coming from someone who worked at the Pentagon. So he's gullible?

[edit on 12-10-2009 by ufo reality]

You repeat what you believe based on modern reports by authors who laugh at the gullible on their way to the bank. Your Pentagon "source" said he thinks, he didn't say he knew! Yes, by thinking so he is gullible. He gave you his opinion, possibly "reading" your mind and the answer you wanted.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:37 PM
    link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
    Well for me it is like this:

• Roswell: Sketchy, the evidence is just about even both ways, in fact when you simplify it down to the people who actually made physical contact with bodies or debris you are left with SEVEN, out of the over 400 witnesses. Around half of those witnesses have sketchy credibility at best, the other 390 plus give all their information second hand. I used to be absolute about Roswell, now not so much. There are some questions that need to be answered or investigated by both "sides". As I said in my PODCAST, right now I am 50/50, but would bet money on Mogul being true, to some extent anyways.

-Relevant Thread: The Case For Roswell (Condensed)

• Rendlesham- Solid, anyone who researches the case will realize this. There is no publicly acknowledged craft that can perform the maneuvers seen when the craft left, let alone match the military officer's descriptions of what they saw. In my opinion, this is one of the top cases, some will disagree, but it is what it is.

-Relevant Link: The Case For Rendelsham

• The Hill Abduction- Solid, the Star Map does it for me, not to mention the witnesses (Betty and Barney Hill). People can say what they want about the Star Map and the odds given the size of the Universe but to draw something in that detail years before that system is discovered officially is beyond a coincidence for me. Not to mention the fact that they reported being abducted by the very beings which have become the "classic" abducting alien race today. A mere coincidence and public suggestion? The odds against that are very high.

-Relevant Link: The Hill Abduction Case

[edit on 10/12/2009 by jkrog08]

• I appreciate your comments about Roswell, which could benefit from a reading of "Roswell : Inconvenient Facts and the Will to Believe" by Karl T. Pflock, and "The Roswell UFO Crash: What They Don't Want You to Know" by Kal K Korff.

As for the Hill's "abduction" what many do not know because they leave it to others to do serious research is that Betty was well read on UFOs, joined groups, etc. She wasn't an innocent bystander by a long shot. The most damming against a real abduction was that their Doctor Simon did not accept their experience as really happening. Betty allegedly talked in her sleep thereby feeding the receptive Barney stuff she read or heard about UFOs, etc. Worse, if you read "The Bellero Shield" en.wikipedia.org... and "The Eyes That Spoke" by Martin Kottmeyer: www.csicop.org...

www.csicop.org...
    "Once again, the “star map” Betty Hill allegedly saw on board the UFO is trotted out as “proof” of the story. Selecting sun-like stars from the latest catalog of nearby stars, Marjorie Fish spent many long hours looking for a pattern that matches the sketch Betty Hill drew by posthypnotic suggestion, supposedly replicating a map she had seen aboard the saucer. After much effort, she believed she had found one. The controversy over the star map is so complex that it is impossible to cover in detail here. The detailed counter-argument is in my paper in the Encounters volume, arguments routinely ignored by Friedman, Marden, and all other pro-star-map writers. In brief, it is necessary to “fudge” the data to make the Fish map come out the way it does. One “favorable” star needs to be excluded, and two “almost favorable” stars selectively included, for Fish’s purpose. My conclusion was, “The apparent validity of the Fish map is due to selective inclusion of data and by misdrawing the map to make it appear to match Betty Hill’s sketch.” Perhaps the simplest and most telling argument against the Fish map was made by astronomers Steven Soter and Carl Sagan back in 1975, who pointed out that the apparent resemblance between the two patterns exists almost entirely because of the way the lines are drawn connecting the dots. View the two patterns as unconnected dots, and they appear as different as two patterns can be.

Another problem for the star map believers, for the most part ignored, is that the supposed “match” of Marjorie Fish is not unique. To date, there have been at least four other supposed identifications of the pattern. One is by Betty Hill herself, depicting the constellation Pegasus. A second is by Charles Atterberg depicting nearby stars, but different ones than Fish uses. A third is by two German UFOlogists, who attempt to match it up with our solar system’s major and minor planets. A fourth is by Yari Danjo, who finds the aliens’ home star system to be Alpha Centauri. Marden dismisses Betty’s Pegasus map as “only a coincidence” and dismisses Atterberg’s work as lacking “the solid basis found by Fish.” Actually, Atterberg’s pattern is much closer to Betty’s sketch than the Fish pattern, and accounts for a greater number of stars. The lesson of the star map? Given an almost unlimited number of degrees of freedom in selecting what you will include in your search, what scale you will use, and what vantage point you will take, it is to be expected that quite a number of apparent matches to Betty’s pattern can be found if one is willing to expend enough effort to do so."

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:08 AM
    link   
    Roswell: “A Physicist’s Tale,” by Dave Thomas*,
    with apologies to G. Chaucer.

A physicist there was, called by his king,
    To listen for fearful weapons’ eerie ring,
    Yet his efforts vanish’d, into the sky,
    Leaving him sadly to wonder why.
    But his package was found, by caprice,
    And a farmhand took it in, to the police.
    The King’s best flyers were called in, and then,
    The Major said “This came Not from Men.”
    Now believers of aliens much ado make,
    And museums honor a physicist’s mistake.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:29 AM
    link   
    reply to post by jkrog08

I would give you an applause if I could. LOL

This post shows why I keep you in my close friends here on ATS, although a strong believer, you can clear up your mind about something as "huge" as Roswell.

Regarding the case, sadly, it's becoming "one of those cases" where you do have somethings that don't add up and make you wonder, but you also have theories that actually fit the possibilities of what happened.

This is one of the most important cases to ufology, but not because of its importance... It's the most important because of the nature of the case itself.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:10 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
    I appreciate your comments about Roswell, which could benefit from a reading of "Roswell : Inconvenient Facts and the Will to Believe" by Karl T. Pflock, and "The Roswell UFO Crash: What They Don't Want You to Know" by Kal K Korff.

I'm baffled that anyone would think anything Kal Korff has said or written can be taken seriously or has any credibility. He's another clown in the UFO circus that plagues a field deserving of much more.

Here's just one example of how pathetic Kal Korff and his claims are.

These are some of the claims Korff has made to me:
    (...)
    # Is the director of a nanotechnology project and had a forensics project in the Balkans. Korff also claimed he would have a chip implanted in him for his "ops" for a reality tv show showing "Captain" Korff fighting terrorism and taking down UFO frauds.
    # Was a consultant to the OJ Simpson criminal prosecution team and an expert witness for the defense in the OJ Simpson civil trial.
    # Said he had cutting edge technology that he wanted to share with me for use on the Internet. Korff claimed to have created this cutting edge technology.
    # Has a $25,000,000 budget to work with to pursue UFO frauds.
    # Is going to be publishing a 24 volume series exposing the Billy Meier case and has a 500 book deal. Yes, you read right, five-hundred, 5-0-0.
    # Is a Captain in the Special Secret Services and works in anti-terrorism as a SAPSTOE (Special Activities Planning Strategies Tactics Operations Execution).

But since he wrote a book "debunking" Roswell as the crash of an extra-terrestrial craft, I guess you don't mind overlooking that minor detail of credibility.

How hypocritical this inconsistency displayed by pseudoskeptics and denialists who are so quick to raise a question of credibility when someone suggests a less prosaic nature for strange or unknown phenomena and events.

At least be consistent about the demand of quality of the witnesses and individuals making the claims, or offering so called 'explanations.'

edit: spelling

[edit on 13-10-2009 by converge]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:12 AM
    link   
    All im sayen is we all should know by now OTHER HUMANOIDS exist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join