It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Air Force Threw Egg On It's Own Face Regarding Roswell

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

so if corso saw all this how come he couldnt tell Frank Kaufman was lying? They used to do the UFO circuit together and in these matters of alien bodies Corso would always defer to kaufmans "superior knowledge". We all found out Kaufman was a fraud and full of BS after he died.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
They have not kept ANYTHING even moderately big secret.....ever.

Demonstrably false. The fact the allies broke the enigma code wasn't known until 30 years after World War II. There are many big secrets the public is not privy to.

Surely you're aware that unacknowledged and deep black SAPs are practically immune to congressional oversight ? Some programs may have bigot lists numbered in the single digits.

Why did JANAP-146 make disclosure of UFO sightings by civilian pilots, a criminal offense punishable by a $10,000 fine and prison time ?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Meh, Roswell was a huge goatscrew from a military perspective, from the get-go. I do not think it was a balloon, nor anything from these parts. This is one of the cases I think has real meat to it, for those who actually really delve into the facts. I also think that the policy to be mum on UFO since is a direct result of their screwup with the Roswell incident.

I mean seriously, you are the base commander of an airforce base that tests some of the latest spy aircraft, and you authorize a press release saying that they captured a 'flying disc?" The brass who saw it first could not tell it was a balloon / something of ours? How naive are people?

Then there are just plain facts that get ignored. Stuff like: Stanton Friedman checking the flight logs of flights into and out of Roswell before and after the event. The # of flights increased dramatically following the event, and from many of the bases in America that were involved in most of our most important secrets. Phone logs, over a hundred witnesses, including the rancher, 3 truckloads of debris (must have been one huuuge balloon!) There is loads of information about this, that just don't add up, if this was simply a balloon or government project.

The Air Force changed their story.. twice. Trying to I assume, something that is bulletproof to try and protect this secret. Now, why would they even bother? Why wouldn't they be as mum as they are with all other incidents and reports? Hmm.. could be they really are trying to cover something up, and nothing that has to do with balloons.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
with regard to seeing the dummies. The military is saying people who saw them in the 50s are just mistakenly saying it was the late 40s. Its not a big gap when your recalling information over 40 years old.

Oh and nowhere in the army press release does it say the "flying disc" is of extra terrestrial origin.

It is well documented that the Roswell incident happened in 1947, not the late 1950's. So to say it's just a gap in witnesses memory makes no sense at all. Especially when most of them were Roswell Army Airfield personal. The only "GAP" is the fact that all Roswell Army Airfield out-going messages in July were destroyed. The GAO report states this.

Even those the term "Extraterrestrial" isn't in the Army Air Force press release, the term "flying disk" in those days did mean something not from Earth in the minds of the public. Nothing the Military did from day 1 makes any sense. All lies.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

Marcel couldnt even remember what year the roswell incident took place. He told Stanton friedman "sometime in the 40s"

The military thought "flying discs" if they even existed were most likely to be of ruussian origin rather than extra terrestrial.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Marcel couldnt even remember what year the roswell incident took place. He told Stanton friedman "sometime in the 40s"

The military thought "flying discs" if they even existed were most likely to be of ruussian origin rather than extra terrestrial.

1940's is different from 1959. The year of the crash and recovery is well documented.

The Project Sign official UFO 'Estimate' report (1948) didn't think they were Russian. But the report didn't suit the Air Force need to debunk UFOs so it was order destroyed.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

if you thought you found an ET spaceship would you forget what year that happened?

yes we all know now what year it was. But Friedman had to go search records for the incident.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

if you thought you found an ET spaceship would you forget what year that happened?

yes we all know now what year it was. But Friedman had to go search records for the incident.

If I was threatened into silence, sworn to secrecy, and forced to forget it ever happened....yes, 40+ years later at an old age I might not remember the exact year at first.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

well if it was me that would give me all the more reason to remember the exact year/date/time. Just so when i popped my clogs i could have an exact record to share with the world.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
never mind the almost decade discrepancy in time between roswell and the test. what i really find confusing is that the air force said that they were dropping these dummies to test the effect on bodies dropped from a great height. why? people are flattened and killed. and why do tests? we had just finished wwII and had enough live demonstrations from aircraft and their crews falling from the sky! why did they spend money on something that is so freakin obvious!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
There are far more errors and discrepancies within the USAF explanation(s) than from the actual Roswell witnesses. Where's the missing Mogul balloon? If that's what it was, why didn't they state in their 1995 report exactly where and when it was released? They didn't because they can't. It wasn't a Mogul balloon. That is simply their best guess and best attempt to quell inquiry and interest.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

The hospital scene was re enacted on Unsolved Mysteries.
A first hand reading on the body was a monkey in a pressure suit.
Like the monkeys used on jet sled experiments.
Got to put two and two together.

[edit on 6/24/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

The hospital scene was re enacted on Unsolved Mysteries.
A first hand reading on the body was a monkey in a pressure suit.
Like the monkeys used on jet sled experiments.
Got to put two and two together.

Witnesses described multiple alien bodies, not one. Monkey theory doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
www.truthseekeratroswell.com...

"Of all the excuses given over the years, I suppose my favorite has to be the 1997 report by the Air Force, in which they state that the bodies seen by witnesses were anthropomorphic crash test dummies. To my knowledge none of the witnesses have ever described the bodies as being 5’-8” to 5”-10” tall and weighing 180 pounds, which the crash test dummies are. Again I know this from first hand experience, having obtained a crash test dummy (pictured) from the Space Museum in Alamogordo, New Mexico for a display at the International UFO Museum and Research Center in Roswell a few years ago. Neither debunkers, critics, nor the Air Force however will defend this theory since the dummies were not even used until 1953, (6 years after the Roswell Incident happened). The Air Force shot themselves in the foot with the dummy excuse in 1997, and for many active duty Airmen I talked to when the report came out, it was an embarrassment."

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The highest ranking officer to ever talk about Roswell Brig General Thomas DuBose - Chief of Staff Ft. Worth

www.youtube.com... - (1991)

"it was a cover story. the balloon part of it."

[edit on 25-6-2009 by ufo reality]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Like I said, anyone dare say something negative about the holy trinity of Ufology (Roswell, Rendlsham, Betty and Barney Rubble) and the fangs come out. People cling to their religion and guns around here, to paraphrase some moronic politician.

I always thought that the initial description of the material (before it got all twisted through time and....ah.....er.....PROFIT) was very consistent with a weather balloon.

UFO Reality, we probably agree on one thing, and that is the failing on all levels of our government. But where you and I probably differ is I know that the government is completely incapable of keeping anything this significant under wraps.

If this thing that crashed was really only a weather balloon, why did the government wait until somewhere around 2004 or 2005 (I'm not sure the exact date) to declassify it? Like the guy said in that audio, the conspiracy didn't start until around 1991. Well, why did it take the government almost 60 years to declassify such a simple thing like a weather balloon crashing? And with all the inconsistencies like them saying the bodies were crash dummies, when they started using them 5 or so years after the incident, and the actual weather balloon being mistaken as a UFO make it really hard to believe their story.

[edit on 6/25/0909 by Mookie89]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
"Fangs come out"?? YOU seem to be the one with the consistently snide and contrary tone to your posts, with little to no valuable content. Why so adversarial? Trouble at home?

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts[/i

Like I said, anyone dare say something negative about the holy trinity of Ufology (Roswell, Rendlsham, Betty and Barney Rubble) and the fangs come out. People cling to their religion and guns around here, to paraphrase some moronic politician.

I always thought that the initial description of the material (before it got all twisted through time and....ah.....er.....PROFIT) was very consistent with a weather balloon.

UFO Reality, we probably agree on one thing, and that is the failing on all levels of our government. But where you and I probably differ is I know that the government is completely incapable of keeping anything this significant under wraps.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The Military were the ones who said they recovered a flying disk, then retracted it. They're the ones who never get their dates correct and say wrecks and dummies from the 1950's are what witnesses remember seeing.

Just a Project Mogul balloon? You can't just put a light-weight theory out like they did in 1995 without any proof to back it up and declare the case is closed.

Where's the flight log of the Mogul balloon launch that was lost? Oh wait, there is none. Where is the balloon that was flown to Fort Worth and Wright-Patterson AFB? Of wait, there is none because it wasn't a Mogul balloon. Why would they fly something so unmistakable like a balloon with radar reflectors to the foreign technology division for analysis all the way from New Mexico?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo realityI suppose my favorite has to be the 1997 report by the Air Force, in which they state that the bodies seen by witnesses were anthropomorphic crash test dummies.

Not to mention that in order for there to have been crash test dummies on site, would require there to have been a crash, not a balloon

And saying the bodies people saw were just dummies, they verify that there were 'bodies'

Screams volumes to me
Shot both feet off I would say

[edit on 28-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Sure you would, sure you would. I love it when people project like that. You have no idea what this guy's mind, experiences, or life was actually like.

well if it was me that would give me all the more reason to remember the exact year/date/time. Just so when i popped my clogs i could have an exact record to share with the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join