It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Dept. asks judge to drop Obama from suit filed by Geronimo’s heirs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Justice Dept. asks judge to drop Obama from suit filed by Geronimo’s heirs

rawstory.com

The U.S. Department of Justice asked a federal judge to limit the scope of a lawsuit filed by the descendants of legendary Apache warrior Geronimo.

The suit, which names President Barack Obama and Secretary of Defense Robert Gates along with Yale University and the secretive Order of the Skull & Bones fraternity, aims to have Geronimo’s physical remains and personal effects transported from Fort Sill, Oklahoma, to southern New Mexico for a proper tribal burial.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I remember hearing something about this case over a year ago , well it would appear that the case has finally made its way to court .

Given just how powerful some of the Skull & Bones members are it will be interesting to see what happens with this case .

Is the fact that the Skull & Bones is so powerful the only reason that there is any debate as to weather or not the remains should be returned to the family ?

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I object to the fact that when I click the link that you are directed to a site attempting to put spyware on your machine. This si not the first link today where I get this. Is someone spamming ATS to clicks on this spyware? Or does everyone else circumvent ATS rules and blocks all ads?

last one was the religion quiz.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

What ?? This is news to me ?? I have no problem at all with the link .

Edit to add ... I can assure you 100 % that I am by no means trying to lead anyone to a misleading website .

The link provided works just fine for me with no problem at all .

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by disgustedbyhumanity
I object to the fact that when I click the link that you are directed to a site attempting to put spyware on your machine. This si not the first link today where I get this. Is someone spamming ATS to clicks on this spyware? Or does everyone else circumvent ATS rules and blocks all ads?

last one was the religion quiz.

That's a problem with spyware that is already on your machine and coopting your browser, not the OP's link. Sorry!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

Thanks for vouching for my link and good intentions as per my post

Now that the case of the validity of the link has been solved I hope we can get back on topic .

Once again thanks to Earth for confirming that the link is ok

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The link is fine. To the person having the problem, try downloading and running Malwarebytes' Antimalware. It's free and gets rid of most of the annoying little programs that hijack your browser.

On topic:

If they really are Geronimo's remains, they need to be returned. I'm sure it seems cool to the skull and bones members to have the remains around, but it isn't right. If it takes suing obama to get them to their rightful owners, so be it.

TA

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
You know we need answers on this one people. I dont like this one bit,I want to know if they have any human bones. Isnt that illegal to even posess such things? I mean they are some bodys bones and they should NOT be used as some type of club ornamant no matter whos they are.
Now on to the closure of the investigation,this definantly needs a bright light shined on it and this is something we collectively could and should work on exposing. I cant think of one thing I like about skull & bones and in the America I was raised in nobody is above the law.
On to if they're Geronimos,that imo makes it even worse and repulsive,Geronimo was murdered stabbed in the back, unarmed. Thats how Geronimo died and to have what was his grave plundered is an outrage to me and should be to all people especially native Americans.
No race or people, ever, were treated worse than the American Indian and it needs to stop and this is a place where a stand should at least be attemped to be made.
Man this boils my blood,disrespectful little punks theres more manhood in Geronimos ashes than in Skull & Bones entire fraternity combined.

[edit on 6/22/09 by nickoli]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I agree , send the remains back to the surviving family members for a proper burial .

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I think someone needs to infiltrate the Skull & Bones fraternity, this is just totally wrong.... even worse for it to be displayed by those fraternity scum bags... crooks they are...
I say screw the legal system and pillage Yale University until the bones have a proper tribal burial.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by imitator]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Prescott Bush claimed to be behind the theft of the artifacts when he and a few other bonesmen took a weekend drinking roadtrip to the fort where Geronimo's remains were said to be buried that another former bonesman was commanding the watch of.

Letters unearthed at Yale seem to cast some validity to the story, though anthropologists speculate that the horse tackle associated with the remains is not of the proper date for Geronimo's remains and Prescott may have just been pulling a fast one on his fraternity brothers by passing off any Indian remains as being Geronimos remains.

Because Geronimo was burried on a U.S. Military installation and Barack Obama is Commander in Cheif of the U.S. Military he too has been named in the suit...

There is of course just one little problem as far as Barack is concerned.

Could you please positively identify yourself for the Court and raise your right hand and swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, so help you G-d.

Psst Barry, Barry, the Judge he is talking to you...darn do I have to show him my Birth Certificate to positively identify myself...

dum da dum dum, dum da dum dum dum,

The names have not been changed in the previous episode as there is no one innocent to protect!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I saw someone's cries about spyware and had to post:

AboveTopSecret.com has recently begun an advertising campaign that "refreshes your browser" once every 10-30 seconds. On each refresh, new ads are also generated. The strategy is that with one pageview, ATS shows multiple ads.

The downside is that ad agencies that allow these tactics are usually shady ones.

I got the spyware downloader, too. It pops up and tells you that your PC is infected, when it is in fact NOT infected. This is not a doing of the poster of this thread, it is the fault of the ATS administrators allowing spyware onto the PCs of their visitors.

You know, ATS, for a site that "denies ignorance", you guys sure need help in regards to managing your website. (It sucks)

top topics

join