It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basijis being beaten-up by Iranians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
What I don't understand is why when they finally corner one of these protester-killing thugs, don't they just finish them off instead of some of them protecting them? Do they deserve mercy after all the videos of people getting shot and killed by these tyrants just for protesting a rigged election?

Well, here's one (or two) for the little guy!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
As much as i abhor violence, it's fairly satisfying to see these murderers get a good kicking from Johnny public.

Makes a change at least.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
What I don't understand is why when they finally corner one of these protester-killing thugs, don't they just finish them off instead of some of them protecting them? Do they deserve mercy after all the videos of people getting shot and killed by these tyrants just for protesting a rigged election?

Think about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How better to get the opposition to fight for your cause then to show them mercy and understanding. Violence will only fuel violence and hatred. The key to winning a revolution is cooperation and overcoming not dividing and further alienating a country. It's one thing to knock these guys off the bikes and rough them up a little and then send them on their way to show them that the Iranian people are good people, it's another to murder them like you suggest. That's f'ing stupid. You have to be able to control anger and hatred and turn it into getting people to understand the cause. Like I said you can throw stones and rocks and rough these guys up but murdering and executing them? That's moronic.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
A very good point.

One that show the strenght AND mercy of the Iranian people.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Have you not seen all the other videos of the Basijis shooting people DEAD in the streets? WTF is the matter with you? Why is it moronic to kill those that are KILLING you?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Why is it moronic to kill those that are KILLING you?

While I agree with you on the emotional end of it, and the desire to see those thugs die, it would be exactly what the thugs need to be able to really bring down the hammer without facing huge backlash from the world. The Iranian youth aren't armed at all, let alone enough to face off against an all out armed offensive against them, which would surely happen if they started killing police and basiji thugs.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Look, we're never going to agree on this. All I know is that if I am sitting there getting shot at, and people are dying around me, and I get the chance to get close enough, it will be a death blow as best I can deliver it. When a government oversteps its bounds into firing live ammo into a crowd and killing people, all bets, and gloves, are off. And worse, that its own police/Basij are following those orders, then why in the world would I show them mercy? Nu Uh. Dead meat. Cause if not it will be me next. And I'd take whatever weapons he had too.

I suppose this is what we'll be up against in this country too, when the time comes. :shk:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Look, we're never going to agree on this. All I know is that if I am sitting there getting shot at, and people are dying around me, and I get the chance to get close enough, it will be a death blow as best I can deliver it.

Then the government would come down a hundred times as hard, and there would be alot more people dying around you. It's not about agreeing, it's about throwing away everything they've done in the past week, crowds would be cut to ribbons in very short order.

I suppose this is what we'll be up against in this country too, when the time comes. :shk:

No no no. This country is quite a different story, we are a heavily armed populace, to say the least. They are not, they do not have the means to take the gloves off, so to speak.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Revolutionary Guards commander defies Khamenei's orders to use force on protesters

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Perhaps we ought to pay attention to that instead of bickering here.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy

Think about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How better to get the opposition to fight for your cause then to show them mercy and understanding. Violence will only fuel violence and hatred. The key to winning a revolution is cooperation and overcoming not dividing and further alienating a country. It's one thing to knock these guys off the bikes and rough them up a little and then send them on their way to show them that the Iranian people are good people, it's another to murder them like you suggest. That's f'ing stupid. You have to be able to control anger and hatred and turn it into getting people to understand the cause. Like I said you can throw stones and rocks and rough these guys up but murdering and executing them? That's moronic.

Exactly. You can't fight fire with fire. Violence only begets more violence. Thankfully these Iranians can see that. They realize that violence would only hurt their credibility. Who are the undecided more likely to believe and side with? Those who are using violence or those who are using peace. It really is that simple. Peace and goodness will win.

I really cannot say how proud I am of these Iranians who are protesting, especially the ones who are protecting the basiji and riot police who are thrown off their bikes and into the crowds. Yeah those guys are assholes but they deserve love too. Maybe when they see that their enemies are trying to protect them they will get a better idea of what is going on.

Jesus said that we should love our enemies, never is this more true than right now in Iran. I literally cannot contain the pride I have for humanity when I see these protesters. Keep up the good fight guys.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
They are protesters, not killers. Once a guard is disabled, he realizes there's nothing he can do. His power is not in his numbers, but in his weapons. Once he is relieved of such, he no longer has power.

Why kill him, his power is already diminished. Only thing he can do now is walk the streets in shame hoping no one who is enraged finds him... which would give him even more reason to join the protesters in their revolution.

The protesters power is in the numbers. Their power is not in killing.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Excellent Post!...although I wish Pelosi, Dodd, Frank and a few others were the ones getting beaten. S+F...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Maybe we find it hard to see why they are showing mercy because we cannot see the whole picture
kx

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
If it wasnt for that woman showing compassion to shield him,the mob would have kicked him to death!

Bloody students,there the same in any country

new topics

top topics

join