It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar Flyby - NASA's LCROSS - LIVE video 23 June 09

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
From Spaceweather:

LUNAR FLYBY: Tomorrow morning, NASA's LCROSS (Lunar CRater Observation and Sensing Satellite) spacecraft will fly by the Moon and send pictures back to Earth from only 9000 km above the lunar surface. The purpose of the maneuver is to put LCROSS in an elongated Earth orbit and position it for impact at the lunar south pole later this year. Live video streaming of the flyby begins at approximately 5:20 AM PDT on Tuesday, June 23, 2009.

How exciting!! will I be the only one awake with VCR recording at 0:dark-thirty?

Go to www.spaceweather.com and click on the link to watch.

Maybe.......... just maybe...... it will be....... amazing

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
thanks argentus! The telescope will be set up for this!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
World Time Zone Conversion Map

Dare we even hope there is something "they" are going to show us? Something wonderful?

yes, we DARE!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Nice hopefully you see something cool, i won't be up then

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I smell a fake ET landing.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
World Time Zone Conversion Map

Dare we even hope there is something "they" are going to show us? Something wonderful?

yes, we DARE!

Well, I for one think the Moon is pretty wonderful just as it is.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I completely agree Soylent and that's why I'm so excited at the probability of seeing LIVE footage. I figure the worst case is that we get to see more of our beautiful satellite.

I think it's somewhat bold of NASA to do a live streaming video of the flyby. I hope it's not a video that focuses on the LCROSS (Lunar CRater Observation and Sensing Satellite) rather than the moon itself.

cheers

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
can someone PLEASE video this and upload it here on ATS PLEASE PLEASE?!

Ok I'm truly obsessed now - I'm actually begging for footage of the moon on a forum - oh why did I ever take that red pill?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus

I guess, there's always wishful thinking, but IF they've been doctoring images all this time then the images would have to somewhat match what they've showed us before.

I'm sure we're about to have a fresh batch of Lunar rorschach tests saying...

Do you see what I see?

Doesn't that rock look like A Face, A Bird, A Tree, Ect... Ect...

Good info though. S&F

[edit on 22-6-2009 by LazyGuy]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
LCROSS lunar swingby video stream coverage will begin approximately 5:20 a.m. PDT on Tuesday, June 23, 2009. Please check this page for updates.

so is that 3:20pm today for us Aussies?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

You betcha! Happy viewing

reply to post by The Killah29

I can't imagine what purpose that would serve on the moon, especially if the U.S. government isn't yet ready for disclosure. I can see a false-flag ET attack on the US, I suppose.

reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Ok I'm truly obsessed now - I'm actually begging for footage of the moon on a forum - oh why did I ever take that red pill?
thanks for that...... funny. I don't have the capability of transferring VCR to computerable media, and I don't have a DVD recorder, so this will have to be picked up by somebody else.

I'm just recording in on the VCR because (a) I'm a foilhead, and (b) in the event it is claimed that something incredible was shown and then we are unable to get the footage. If that happened, I think I could take the videotape down to our local tech guru and get it copied to a DVD.

I expect it'll be on youtube or perhaps *gasp* on NASA's site in its entirety.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LazyGuy

I expect that's true ....... but what the heck, eventually one of the anomalies has to pass muster. I think some of the things MikeSingh has brought to light have been truly amazing. I hope this is a true high def video we're going to see. Maybe ET will make a cameo.

I can hope.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

heh! I looked at my link above with the world time map? ......... and got thoroughly confused. SO...... It is scheduled to happed approximately 13 hours from right now. beeeeeeeeep!

current time at this post is 11:21 PM GMT

[edit on 22/6/09 by argentus]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

10:40pm Melbourne time Australia tonight!

[edit on 23-6-2009 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Anybody know the time for GMT?

Regards,

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

Where am I now? I am shy of 360,000km of Earth, nearly 20,000km to the Moon. Periselene updated to be 10:30:3 UTC. Live Swingby in 6hr45min.19 minutes ago from web

so now that's 10:40pm Melbourne Australia time

twitter.com...

[edit on 23-6-2009 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Great find! I'm setting my alarm for 7:20am (cst). Can't wait to see this!!!

Seriously, thanks for posting this. I would have missed it otherwise.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

You can sign up for email alerts on Spaceweather. I would have missed it too!

From NASA:

The LCROSS spacecraft and its spent second stage Centaur rocket will make multiple maneuvers to pinpoint its instruments to the moon. The large yellow frame partially hidden behind the moon represents the Field of View of the visible light camera whereas the narrow yellow beam represents the Field of View of the spectrometers. During the first 30 minutes of the coverage, the spacecraft will stare at three targets on the lunar surface for 5 minutes each, with short slews in between.

The spacecraft will be closer to the moon at the beginning than at the end of that half hour. During the latter 30 minutes, the spacecraft will do limb crossings of the moon. The first half hour will be most interesting for the camera view. The latter 30 minutes will only show very intermittent snapshots. The real-time, telemetry-based animation will remain up-to-date, although things do move slowly.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
It seems that the LRO has made it to the Moon;
twitter.com...

Cant wait.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

Thanks for that, Majorion! Just an hour and change to go

I was assuming yesterday that this would also be featured on the NASA channell; thus my intention to tape it. I don't see it scheduled on the NASA channell, and I don't have the computing power to copy it live. Well, hopefully someone will be able to, or NASA will archive the entire hour-long exercise.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join