It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighting tears, shah's son calls crisis a 'moment of truth'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Fighting tears, shah's son calls crisis a 'moment of truth'

www.cnn.com

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The son of the former shah of Iran called Monday for solidarity against Iran's Islamic regime, warning that the democratic movement born out of the election crisis might not succeed without international support.

"The moment of truth has arrived," Reza Shah Pahlavi said at Washington's National Press Club. "The people of Iran need to know who stands with them."

Pahlavi has lived in exile since 1979, when his father, Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi, was overthrown during the Islamic Revolution. Under the shah's regime, Iran saw nationalization of its oil and a strong
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Well, this is the moment I have been waiting for! As I suspected the fine hand of the Pahlavi family had to be evident somewhere in all of this. Too bad Huckfin is not still around! I would love to hear his take on this.

The propaganda machine is officially in overdrive on this one folks. The plot thickens, the games begin, round and round she goes, where it will stop no one knows.

It’s time to remanufacture history once more for those intent upon forgetting it and it’s lessons.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This is really starting to smell like Operation Ajax Part II to me.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

SAVAK (Persian: ساواک, short for سازمان اطلاعات و امنیت کشور Sazeman-e Ettela'at va Amniyat-e Keshvar, National Intelligence and Security Organization) was the domestic security and intelligence service of Iran from 1957 to 1979. It has been described as Iran's "most hated and feared institution" prior to the revolution of 1979, for its association with the foreign intelligence organizations such as the CIA and its torture and execution of regime opponents.[1][2] At its peak, the organization had as many as 60,000 agents serving in its ranks. It has been estimated that by the time the agency was finally dismantled in 1979 by the Iranian Revolution, as many as one third of all Iranian men had some sort of connection to SAVAK by way of being informants or actual agents.

[3]

This was the Shah's Iran seeing anything familiar at work possibly here ATS members?

1957-1970
After removing the left-leaning government of Mohammad Mosaddeq, (which had planned to nationalize Iran's oil industry), from power on 19 August 1953, in a coup, supported and funded by the British and U.S. governments, the Shah decided he wanted an effective internal security service and set up the large organization known by the acronym SAVAK in 1957[4] to strengthen his regime by placing political opponents under surveillance and repress dissident movements. According to Encyclopaedia Iranica:

A U.S. Army colonel working for the CIA was sent to Persia in September 1953 to work with General Teymur Bakhtiar, who was appointed military governor of Tehran in December 1953 and immedi­ately began to assemble the nucleus of a new intelligence organization. The U.S. Army colonel worked closely with Bakhtīār and his subordinates, commanding the new intelligence organization and training its members in basic intelligence techniques, such as surveillance and interrogation methods, the use of intelligence networks, and organizational security. This organi­zation was the first modern, effective intelligence service to operate in Persia. Its main achievement occurred in September 1954, when it discovered and destroyed a large communist Tudeh Party network that had been established in the Persian armed forces

Source Wikipedia

I sure do, now lets see this years best Alligator Tears

During his remarks, he broke into tears when he spoke of "bullets piercing our beloved Neda," a woman killed Saturday by Iranian police at a protest in Tehran, whose death has become a rallying cry among demonstrators in Iran.

CNN.COM

This from the man whose family was merciless in their rule of Iran which they kept as a two class state of the uber wealthy and the dirt poor.

You have to hand it to the mainstream media they sure have no shame, nor any respect for American's intelligence or memories!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
This is really starting to smell like Operation Ajax Part II to me.

FredT that assessment deserves a cigar if ever one did! This is what was going on behind the scenes while Israel was providing the smoke of fake war drums, a well planned and funded coup d' etat!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Now I can agree with FredT, it really is starting to sound like this might be of American making.

If the regime kills Mousavi then the plot will thicken even more.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
Now I can agree with FredT, it really is starting to sound like this might be of American making.

If the regime kills Mousavi then the plot will thicken even more.

This is so suspicious and the way that CNN is desribing the Shah's ouster from power? Wow! Big ones, really big ones, that's all I can say.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I think you're all underestimating the average intelligence of the Persian people.

It's somehwat insulting to them to suggest that a handful of MI6/CIA stooges could incite such large scale civil unrest.

Why are people having such a hard time believing that the Iranian people are angry because they were cheated, and obviously so, we don't seem to be discussing that.

No, it has to be yet another US led conspiracy

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
I think you're all underestimating the average intelligence of the Persian people.

It's somehwat insulting to them to suggest that a handful of MI6/CIA stooges could incite such large scale civil unrest.

Why are people having such a hard time believing that the Iranian people are angry because they were cheated, and obviously so, we don't seem to be discussing that.

No, it has to be yet another US led conspiracy

Well I am guessing that this intelligence has developed after having been fooled so many times before by British and U.S. led coups that orchestrated events that left the very passionate people of Iran feeling cheated.

Open up your mind a little friend and contemplate that maybe what's happening in Iran right now is being driven by a reason that is not in any one's interest except for the corporate elites.

In case you have missed it Barack Obama has not been redistributing wealth to the poor but to the rich!

When the people are prompted to scream for change, it's often change for the worst that they get, and usually not even enough to buy a cup of coffee which now days will set you back a few bills in most places, they won't even take change for the tip!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

A star for you for thinkng of Huck Finn. That was my first thought when I read this title. Old Huck would have flipped his lid over this and it would have been great.

As we all know Huck took over the world sometime in May, so maybe he is behind this.

As far as the OP goes, I think we would be foolish as a nation not to make some attempt at trying to have what little control of the outcome we could muster. Certainly, it would be good for the USA if the current regime were to loose control in favor of a more free, more subdued Iran. So I wouldnt have a problem if we stoked the flames of dissent a bit.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Open up your mind a little friend and contemplate that maybe what's happening in Iran right now is being driven by a reason that is not in any one's interest except for the corporate elites.

Perhaps we should all open our eyes? Including those who see images from Iranian citizens that show clearly that they are being murdered by their own govt and still call them too simple minded to see a conspiracy.

Take your own advice my friend. Open your eyes and see people willing to die for freedom! Open your eyes even further and recognize how brutal the current Iranian regime!

Why do some of us go to such extraordinary extremes to try to convince others of what is blatantly obvious...what sort of agenda is being driven down our throats by these posters?

Yes, heed their advice. Please DO open your eyes!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

What this sounds like to me is that the family of the Shah is trying to take advantage of this opportunity to regain power.

That's not exactly the same as us trying to PUT them in power.

This is going to be a political circus like nobodies business soon though...

It's like all the suitors who swoop in when an engagement has been called off.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

A star for you for thinkng of Huck Finn. That was my first thought when I read this title. Old Huck would have flipped his lid over this and it would have been great.

As we all know Huck took over the world sometime in May, so maybe he is behind this.

As far as the OP goes, I think we would be foolish as a nation not to make some attempt at trying to have what little control of the outcome we could muster. Certainly, it would be good for the USA if the current regime were to loose control in favor of a more free, more subdued Iran. So I wouldnt have a problem if we stoked the flames of dissent a bit.

Huck sure had it out for the Shah's son and I suspect his dissapearance doesn't bode well for him if he was in fact who he cast himself as being. Of course for all we know Huck could have been the Shah's son!

While Ahmedinejad loves to talk it's only him and Hugo Chavez that make those yearly opening of the U.N. General Assemblies entertaining!

I for one will miss the nut case if things don't work out well for him in this post election mayhem, I think he's a classier beligerent than Hugo is and well, I award points for style!

The American Military which currently operates in the capacity of securing oil and copper leases for China doesn't help people for free, just ask the Somalians!

No gain, no pain, is our Armed Forces motto these days as China funds our war efforts and profits off the contracts to be had in Iraq and Afghanistan.

If you drive a car, if you pay for gas, it is not in anyone's interest who does to see Iran's oil fall back under the complete control of the Powers that Be.

If you actually take the time to avoid the propoganda and study what's going on over there the Iranian people want jobs not an end to their theocracy. The economic crisis has hit the state hard and Ahmedinejad has not secured the number of jobs the primarily unemployed youth of the nation can't find.

They are hungering for economic reform and not social reform.

So are we here too conversely, and it's why we are being fed a load of tripe about what's going on over there. The American people just might still be able to add 2 + 2 if really pressed.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

What this sounds like to me is that the family of the Shah is trying to take advantage of this opportunity to regain power.

That's not exactly the same as us trying to PUT them in power.

This is going to be a political circus like nobodies business soon though...

It's like all the suitors who swoop in when an engagement has been called off.

Thanks for posting HunkaHunka as I stated on your recent thread Steet Clashes...Iranian Police Overwhelmed by Protestors I am not 100% what is going on over there and who all is behind it and why and to what end.

I am just extremely cautious when it comes to taking the mainstream medias view on things, the Government's or internet squak supposedly coming out of Iran.

Last night one thread here on ATS was asking people with Twitter Accounts to change their profile settings to 3:30 GMT Theran Time to make it harder for Iranian authorities to track down the chatter birds in Iran.

Believe it or not even though I think I am being lied to by the media I went ahead and set my Twitter Profile to those new settings but realized in the process that is how easy it would be for someone to appear to be an Iranian giving first hand accounts that people love to suck up the drama of.

I want more information and honestly the pictures that CNN is displaying of Riot Police standing around on corners, riding motor cycles in the street, and riding in trucks with their batons sheathed and no guns in evidence make it a little hard for me to believe the "Security Forces Confront Protestors" when almost every picture I see the Security Forces are either (a.) doing nothing...or (b.) are themselves being confronted by protesters like in the video on your thread.

I don't think we are getting the real facts, and I would like to know the truth before siding with anyone.

Atilla the Hun had some real grievences with Rome, now that's a tough choice Atilla or the Emporer, who do you side with in a tug of war like that?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by IranRevolutionary

Perhaps we should all open our eyes? Including those who see images from Iranian citizens that show clearly that they are being murdered by their own govt and still call them too simple minded to see a conspiracy.

I haven't seen a single picture, or video of Iranian citizens being murdered by Iranian forces, or even a single picture of Iranian Forces armed with anything but batons.

Can you post a picture or video that actually shows the actual murder of a Iranian citizen protesting that clearly identifies the murderer in the act and clearly identifies them as an agent of the state?

We all know Rodney King took a helacious beating at the hands of the LAPD because we saw the actual video.

Of the actual beating.

Not just a before and after picture and Rodney's story.

Courts of Law should be determining these facts not the court of public oppinion which every time something is tried in America's media court of public oppinion (their oppinion that they force feed us) some country ends up getting invaded and lots of innocent people die and so do American soldiers needlessly.

Post your pictures prove me wrong, show me absolute proof that an 'armed' and clearly 'identifiable' Iranian Security Agent is killing someone who is protesting.

I don't think you can, but I have my eyes open and I haven't seen what you think you have seen. It's a magicians trick, simple misdirection.

By the way, I think it's unfair to the people who are fighting for something in Iran for you to pretend to be an Iranian revolutionary.

Do you actually know anything about Persian culture?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Pahlavi has lived in exile since 1979, when his father, Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi, was overthrown during the Islamic Revolution. Under the shah's regime, Iran saw nationalization of its oil and a strong movement toward modernization. Still, his secular programs and recognition of Israel cost him the support of the country's Shiite clergy, sparking clashes with the religious right and others who resented his pro-West views.

Source CNN

This is an incredibly fictional account of the Shah's regime and why it lost power and it's an afront to people of intelligence and highly suspicious that CNN would misconstrue the events of 1979 in such a blatantly absurd way.

I was alive and watched it all go down and knew many Iranians personally involved with the Shah's regime.

This is pure public manipulation by the media.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Post your pictures prove me wrong, show me absolute proof that an 'armed' and clearly 'identifiable' Iranian Security Agent is killing someone who is protesting.

You are employing quite a double standard my friend. We have seen videos of Iranian citizens being beaten and arrested by uniformed personnel as well as the plain clothed militia on the streets of Iran.

I suggest this being perpetrated on behalf of the Iranian Government. We have seen and read eyewitness reports from Iranian citizens of shootings and brutality. These are the people who are there and see with their own eyes.

And you ask for illustrative proof?

Yet, you, and others claim that none of what is being reported by multiple eyewitnesses is actually happening. But you aren't required to provide proof of that?

My version is supported by eyewitness accounts plus videos and pictures.

Your version is supported by? what? PressTV?

I am certain most people can see for themselves where you are coming from.

Let's let them decide, shall we?

EDIT - and to answer your second question, I do indeed.

As for my pretending to be anything, that is a false accusation and I wonder why you would do such a thing? I am not pretending to be anything. Are you suggesting our IDs here are indicative of who we are in reality?

Are you a Protoplasmic Traveler?

Again...more attempts to discredit those who dare to disagree with you.

Don't be afraid of me, my friend. I'm certain you can hold your own in an intellectual fencing match with me

[edit on 22-6-2009 by IranRevolutionary]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by IranRevolutionary

You are employing quite a double standard my friend. We have seen videos of Iranian citizens being beaten and arrested by uniformed personnel as well as the plain clothed militia on the streets of Iran.

I suggest this being perpetrated on behalf of the Iranian Government. We have seen and read eyewitness reports from Iranian citizens of shootings and brutality. These are the people who are there and see with their own eyes.

And you ask for illustrative proof?

Yet, you, and others claim that none of what is being reported by multiple eyewitnesses is actually happening. But you aren't required to provide proof of that?

My version is supported by eyewitness accounts plus videos and pictures.

Your version is supported by? what? PressTV?

I am certain most people can see for themselves where you are coming from.

Let's let them decide, shall we?

How do you know that they are eyewitnesses and not just someone pretending to be an Iranian Revolutionary like you are.

I have seen pictures of Rioters who have thrown stones and started fires being arrested. They do that here in the United States too. Go set a bus on fire in your town in Tel Aviv and see what happens?

As I have stated what I see is a lot of picturs of Police wearing vests in English that say Police even though Farsi is the language in Tehran standing around mostly attempting to gaurd property and occassionally being attacked by stone throwers where the Police just pick up the stones and throw them back from an equal distance without making any attempt to avance on them.

So in other words you have no photographic evidence as neither do any of the major media outlets that show these atrocities happening and you are getting the bulk of your most scandalous reports from people posing as Iranian Revolutionaries on the Internet...yes I think people can see where I am coming from...something that the politically correct have been waging war on for a couple decades...it's called common sense.

There is no evidence to back up your claims that you want to hastily and emotionally try in the public court of distorted oppinions in absence of facts.

Thanks Mr. Bush, how is life treating you now that you are retired from the Presidency?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

There is no evidence to back up your claims that you want to hastily and emotionally try in the public court of distorted oppinions in absence of facts.

We shall see. Stick around. We shall talk again.

I'll be here. And you will be answering for your silly claims.

Til then...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I'm really hoping the New Democracy goes through. Been praying ever since I heard about the news. Peace. Peace. It's time for PEACE already.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join