It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Natal-The future of surveillance?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Project Natal, a future of new gaming that is coming to the Xbox 360. Project natal can process your every move into the game with a simple camera, no wires, no pad, nothing.

www.youtube.com...

Ok at around 2:10 the girl walks in and the camera instantly recognizes her face and signs her into a profile.

If you ever watched the movie idiocracy there are cameras set up around the city to recognize criminals faces and automatically notify the police

I really think it's now possible for the government to do this and keep the bad guys out of the streets, I don't think this would restrict out freedoms after all it's not like WE are criminals

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Well, to the government we are all potential criminals, especially if we are the ones that know our rights and Constitution. This project looks awesome and I saw a video with a fighting game and it was awesome. If issued by the government and not Xbox I'd be very wary of the software. Check to see if Microsoft has any contracts with the US government. But if it is just being issued by Microsoft to make money, I wouldn't worry too much. But that is just my opinion!

Much love,
HarlieQuinn

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
MS just displayed this at E3 2010. From the press release:

Using Kinect is as simple as stepping in front of the sensor. It recognizes you, responds to your gestures, listens to your voice, and, best of all, it works with every Xbox 360.

www.microsoft.com...

So it sounds like this is a biometric scanner that stores your information.

Does MS own all broadcast content over XBOX LIVE?

Does MS have the ability to view through the camera into your living room at any time?

Can MS sell our biometric scans to outside companies or even the FBI?

I don't know about you guys but a camera hooked up to the internet on top of my television doesn't sound like a good idea.

new topics

join