It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christ Crucifixion 31 or 33 CE?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Passover is determined through the Jewish calendar. Our gregorian calendar dates the Jewish Passover of 31ce (14 Abib), on a wednesday in 31CE.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

I know. It was more directed at the individual who was saying that the date was wrong. I have done my homework.

I am in agreement with you on everything so far.

[edit on 4/6/2010 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Interesting question. Depending on your view point the Daniel 9 prophecy can be used to support both the dates of 31CE and 33CE (See BIBLICAL PROPHECY - DANIEL'S 70 WEEKS.) However, I tend to lean to the date of 31CE (or AD) since it seems to line up with Daniel 9 better than 33CE and it is hard to explain how being buried on Friday and being risen on Sunday is three days. Therefore the date of 31CE seems to fit the events laid out in the Gospels better. However I feel that whether you believe it was 31CE or 33CE, the really important point was that Christ was crucified and on a Sunday His tomb was empty because Jesus Christ had rising bringing to end the power that sin had over us.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jagdflieger
Interesting question. Depending on your view point the Daniel 9 prophecy can be used to support both the dates of 31CE and 33CE (See BIBLICAL PROPHECY - DANIEL'S 70 WEEKS.) However, I tend to lean to the date of 31CE (or AD) since it seems to line up with Daniel 9 better than 33CE and it is hard to explain how being buried on Friday and being risen on Sunday is three days. Therefore the date of 31CE seems to fit the events laid out in the Gospels better. However I feel that whether you believe it was 31CE or 33CE, the really important point was that Christ was crucified and on a Sunday His tomb was empty because Jesus Christ had rising bringing to end the power that sin had over us.

You bring up a good point. My reason for bringing the year of the crucifixion to light is the fact that many well-meaning christians come every spring and falsely celebrate an old ancient pagan holiday (replaced with the name of Christ) and then blindly search for ancient pagan fertility symbols (eggs and bunnies) because it's "fun". Our bibles give exact holy days and dates for us to honor the crucifixion of Christ. It is on Passover that Christ died. It was 3 days into the Feast of Unleavened Bread that Christ resurrected from the tomb. It was on Pentacost that the church recieved the Holy Spirit marking the beginning of the Christian religion. The Feast of Trumpets will signify the Great Tribulation and the return of Christ. The Day of Atonement will signify the imprisonment of Satan and his fallen angels and our ability to become one with God without the temptation of sin. The Feast of Tabernacles will signify the 1000 year peace on earth at the return of Christ. The 8th Day (Last Great Day) will signify the Great White Throne Judgement, New Heaven and New Earth, and eternity in paradise.

This is God's master plan written out in the Bible if people would stop and pay attention. Passover and the Feast of Unleavened Bread is the beginning of this master plan. Christ told us to eat the Passover in rememberance of Him. The bread and wine of the Last Supper is the traditional Christian Passover. Of course you can have a feast of clean meats, veggies, unleavened bread, fruits and whatever. We had a black angus roast with carrots and potatoes, wheat tortillas, red wine, fruit salad, green bean casseroll, mac-n-cheese, and I think that's it. It was lovely.

Let's not forget our christian roots and let the bible believing christians hold to their own words and follow the BIBLE!!! Let's not follow the tradition of man. The tradition of man has always led to the destruction of man.

You can't put "Christ" back into "christmas" because Christ was never any part of christmas. Christ wasn't even born on christmas. It's a mixture of old ancient pagan winter solstice festivals rolled into one big cluster-frick.

You can't put "Christ" back into "easter" because even the word "easter" is pagan. It comes from the ancient pagan goddess of fertility, "Ishtar".

Put Christ back into Passover. That's the point of this thread. That's the point of the year of His birth. It disproves the "Good Friday/Easter Sunday" tradition. It gives hard facts about the actual day of His crucifixion and makes more sense with the 3 days/3 nights scenario. That is my point... plain and simple. THE TRUTH!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Put Christ back into Passover. That's the point of this thread. That's the point of the year of His birth. It disproves the "Good Friday/Easter Sunday" tradition. It gives hard facts about the actual day of His crucifixion and makes more sense with the 3 days/3 nights scenario. That is my point... plain and simple. THE TRUTH!

Good luck on that one. The problem is that the celebration or remembrance of Christ was originally central to both "easter" and "christmas". I am sure that Bishop Liberus of Rome who set December 25 as the day to celebrate Christ Mass in 354CE would be horrified at what Christmas has become. The point is that it is not the day of the year when a celebration occurs which makes a pagan holiday, it is the way people celebrate that date which makes it a pagan holiday. Pick any arbitrary day of the year you desire to remember (or celebrate) the birth of Christ or the Resurrection of Christ and whether or not it becomes a pagan holiday depends on how people respond to that particular day.

I concur that both Christmas and Easter have become pagan holidays. You have the corporations telling you that you must put yourself in debt to buy expensive and usually needless toys for Christmas and then buy tons of candy for Easter. Financial interests are at hand in the making of pagan holidays. A quiet solemn prayer meeting in a church (or at home) thanking God does not add to the corporate bottom line; excessive buying (usually on credit) of the latest gadgets does. My point is that is not the actual day of the year which makes a pagan holiday, it is the people who celebrate the day which makes it a pagan holiday. If you want to put Christ back into Easter, then you must put Christ into the people.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jagdflieger

The problem is that the Catholic bishops adopted the equinoxes and solstices of the pagan celebrations, kept the traditions of the pagan festivals and just changed pagan god worship into christian God worship.

Christmas/Saturnalia= Birth of the sun god.... or birth of the Son of God.

Easter/Ishtar= Death and resurrection of sun god... or death and resurrection of the Son of God.

I don't care if you worship in your home on these days... but the acknowledgement of these days as the birth/resurrection of Christ is doing what Moses warned against in Deuteronomy 12:29-31.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

The problem is that the Catholic bishops adopted the equinoxes and solstices of the pagan celebrations, kept the traditions of the pagan festivals and just changed pagan god worship into christian God worship.

I don't think that we are that far apart in view point about this matter. I tried to make the point that no matter what day is picked, it is the people's actions which turn that day into a pagan holiday. For example the Easter Bunny who is supposed to deliver all kinds of goodies to your children (all of which were purchased from the candy companies). What does a rabbit have to do with the resurrection of Christ? - Well nothing. To paraphrase another saying "Dates don't make pagan holidays; people make pagan holidays". Yes a lot of that started when the bishops adopted the equinoxes and solstices as the day for Christian remembrance. They probably did that to reduce the computational load of determining the day. That was not the problem, the problem occurred when they adopted pagan symbols and rituals. My point, the people can turn any given day into a pagan holiday; the people can turn any given day into a holy day.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jagdflieger

I don't think that we are that far apart in view point about this matter. I tried to make the point that no matter what day is picked, it is the people's actions which turn that day into a pagan holiday. For example the Easter Bunny who is supposed to deliver all kinds of goodies to your children (all of which were purchased from the candy companies). What does a rabbit have to do with the resurrection of Christ? - Well nothing. To paraphrase another saying "Dates don't make pagan holidays; people make pagan holidays". Yes a lot of that started when the bishops adopted the equinoxes and solstices as the day for Christian remembrance. They probably did that to reduce the computational load of determining the day. That was not the problem, the problem occurred when they adopted pagan symbols and rituals. My point, the people can turn any given day into a pagan holiday; the people can turn any given day into a holy day.

We do agree for the most part. But you are saying that they "added" pagan rituals or pagan traditions to these days. They didn't add them. Those traditions never went away. Catholicism was derived from paganism. Read Acts chapter 8. Simon Magus (sorcerer) was the original founder of Catholicim. He mixed his mystery religion with christianity. When Constantine converted to catholicism from paganism, christianity was ruined forever. His pagan traditions were carried over to catholicism (easter, christmas, sunday worship) along with some ancient greek beliefs (separate body and soul, burning forever in hell, trinity). The bible speaks nothing of these things but specifies God's Holy Days and Sabbath. For more on Simon Magus and catholicism, please visit my threads on the subject...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And a continuation of that thread is here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Why do you agree with 33AD? Because of "good friday?" It's important to discuss the truth behind what happened and when because it reveals the truth behind "good friday" and "easter sunday", two false events.
I've seen many accounts of historians and scholars putting Christ's birth at 4 AD, so then His death and resurrection would have been in 37 AD.

I'm not sure anyone will ever know the exact time, but for me, I don't need the correct date when determining whether or not I have faith in Him.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join