It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rama Nation/Atlantis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by VenomR
First has to do with the Nazi's....

Secondly if we do research into how ice work's ...

Third is something that is known to most people that studied the Greeks. Plato wrote about Atlantis being the most Advanced Civilization and even the Mahabharata states that Atlantis was more advanced then the Rama Nation....

[edit on 6/22/2009 by VenomR]

Lemuria was even older than Atlantis. In the end time, they existed together and even Atlantis waged war against Lemuria.

Every one wonders why the Pleiadian's are so aloof...

Hitler actually met some Pleiadian's and this is where he got off on the idea of the "perfect" Aryan race ("Nordics"). Look what happened to Germany after that...

At the time of Atlantis, the Pleiadian's where supposed to be the planet's caretakers. They were the one's that decided to let the Atlantian scientists have access to the weather modification technology from the Anunnaki. Look what happened to Atlantis after that.

The P's where supposed to stick around and caretake what was left of the indigenous humans from the Lizard People, who gave the Atlantian scientists even more powerful energy technology. Look what happened after that: the LP's are still around and still working towards Chaos and the NWO.

The fall of Atlantis (and by association, Lemuria) was essentially the use of technology for the sake of it's power. That's why our current America/world is very much in parallel with the third, and final, phase of Atlantis.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Thank you for posting that. I am going to do research into that tomorrow because I have never heard that. Thank you =)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

The reason we know they didnt know about hurricanes is a) they lived in Greece and b) no greek ever wrote any reference to anything that might even vaguely be described as a hurricane.

Although the Sumerians did ......... but that's another story

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Essan]

maybe Essan is too young to remember that the med [including greece] has tropical
cyclones

maybe Essan could tell us how the Sumerians described a storm to make it a hurricane and how that differed from Homer.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Parta

Classical literature - including Homer - makes mention of storms. Unfortunately, we never get detailed info on pressure and wind speeds. But why assume what is described as a normal storm is anything but a normal storm? Which of course the Med does get - whether some might be described as tropical cyclones rather than sub-tropical being a moo point. Britain gets even stronger storms (a normal Atlantic storm can produced sustained wind speeds equivalent to a Cat2 hurricane).

But if Homer or anyone else described a storm that sounds more like a hurricane, please post up a reference. I'd like to see it

Meanwhile, check out the Sumerian tale of Atrahasis. Severe winds tearing down buildings, torrential rain and flooding and then a storm surge. All in the space of a few hours. Sounds like Katrina to me

(Yes, it could have been a lesser storm, but why would one storm be so memorable? Unless so much more destructive than any other? And in theory a Cyclone could run up the Red Sea - producing amongst other things the mother of all storm surges.)

[edit on 24-6-2009 by Essan]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
show me "storm surge" in anything sumerian or akkadian as atrahasis is akkadian. storm surge is all you have and you don't have that.

when you don't have storm surge then all you have is a decidely uncharacteristic ship wrecking storm like in odyssey which occur only a few times maybe in ones lifetime with its wild swirling clouds like a hurricane.

and how about deucalion? same kind of flood as in atrahasis?

[edit on 24-6-2009 by Parta]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by VenomR

Then, there you get the Indian Epics wrong...

In the Mahabharatha, there is no mention of any "Rama " Nation. In fact the Major kingdoms of the Iron Age, to which they belonged were the

Mahajanapadas consisting of Kosala, Anga, Magadha, Vajji, Malla, Chedi, Vatsa, Kuru, Panchala, Machcha, Surasena, Assaka, Avanti, Gandhara and Kamboja (the bolded names of the major Mahajanapadas).

There is no mention of a Rama Nation in any where in Mahabharata...and where do you get this particular information by reading a translation of the epic??

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Again that is a biased view that is the current readings that the ROMAN'S wrote after learning the language. How can you be so certain that the actual text states Athens when you have yet to read it? Also who knows maybe Greece and the Rama nation were allied in the fight against the Atlantians. Atlantis is also in the scriptures from the Egyptians. If it occurs multiple times there must be some relevant knowledge that has been passed down by ALL cultures even if they disseminated between there current cultures.

[edit on 6/23/2009 by VenomR]

The Roman's had learnt Greek since thier earliest contact with the Greeks, which was very early in the history of the old city considering they borrowed most of their culture from the Etruscan's (who were basically Greek Romans). Secondly there are untranslated Greek copies of Plato's works, not to mention the Roman translations are as original as possible. Considering Greek was the first and main language of the Intellectual and ruling classes of Roman society, Latin was just used to speak with the plebs.

The Greeks hadn't come into contact with the Indians until the time of Alexander the Great during the Hellenic period in 326 BC. He and his army were the first 'Europeans' to ever set foot in India. So how could the Atlantean's have been allied with this fictional Rama nation. And finally, Plato picked up inspiration for the Timaeus and Critias from Egypt.

So far all historical, archaeological and academic reasearch leads to the most plausable scenario that these two dialogues of Plato were nothing but a fictious story. Written by him to put forward his political and societal views.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Secondly, Plato states it three times within the story of Critias. But further evidence states that the actual story was obtained from the Egyptians. And again the persepective described is from Plato who obtains the info from the Egyptians. The Egyptians just state that it was an advanced civilazation. Never do they state what form of technology was used. It was even more advanced then the Greeks.

Sorry, Venom, but the fact is, the Egyptians not only do not"state that it was an advanced civilization...," they make no statements whatsoever, anywhere, in any way, on the subject.

Second towards the Plato comment. In Critias he is constantly stating Egyptian Priest's are divulging this information. So he is getting it from a secondary source rather then actually researching it. So he is interpreting it as "Bronze Age" nation. It is not actually stated that he did the research into looking for it but rather was relaying the message given to him.

As for Plato telling the story from a secondary source, you might be surprised at how much of yourself you exposed by making such a ridiculous understatement.

Are you not aware that Plato uses a character (Critias) to tell this story, and that the character claims to have heard it from his grandfather, who claims to have heard it as a child at a festival where the great Greek statesman Solon was reciting a poem he'd written about the mythical land based on some information he'd received in Egypt?

Yet you think Plato's account was "from a secondary source?"

Your excuse that the Catholic Church changed the story sounds more like an excuse for you not having read Plato.

Look, I couldn't care less if you've read Plato - although you could read the two dialogues mentioning Atlantis in less than an hour.

What you should attempt to understand is that when you pontificate about writings you have clearly and obviously never read, you should be more careful to not give tip your hand vis a vis how ignorant you truly are on the subject.

Harte

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
for egyptian references to atlantis, lookup the hidden circles in the lake of serser in the duat.

coincidently, the sindi were said to be one of the peoples living there.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
What you guys want are materialistic things and physical things. But looking at cultures they believed in spiritual things which goes above our heads because of the way we were raised and the way we were brought up as kids. Its like saying that the world will be wiped anew in 2011/2012 depending on what you know and believe. But they state there will be a CONSCIOUS shift (They being Mayan). So do the older religions. Just because something isn't around anymore does not make it not have existed. It just means that we have no physical proof of it being there. If they find a skeleton of an ancient fish that had never been seen before then it has become real even though no1 theorized it had existed before that point in time. Is that not a true statement?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I don't have my copy with me so I cannot confirm, but was it not said that the names of places were changed in the story to be of relevance to, or to make sense to the Greeks? Thus, if my memory is correct, it is entirely possible that the "Athens" in the story was not actually "Athens" as we understand it, but perhaps the Egyptian capital of the time, or perhaps elsewhere if the Egyptians received the story from someone else and made it their own.

It seems that at the very least, if we want to give theories of the existence of Atlantis any weight, what must first be done is determine if the story can be found amongst any Egyptian texts and possibly earlier. The OP seems to be trying to do this, but is skipping steps all the way to India. To be believable at all, the OP needs to back up claims with factual evidence, display that he/she knows what he/she is talking about, and detail the steps between Plato's account and wherever it may have originated from, if it originated from anywhere at all.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
After spending sometime researching other things I have come back and forgot about this topic =P.

I've gone and done some research which will help bring to light some of my arguments.

Alright I am going to help prove to some extent the existence of a Past Atlantis based solely on scriptures with no physical proof. By this I mean artifacts and such because in retrospect they most likely would be buried, destroyed, or submerged. The first scripture I'll use is the bible. Everyone knows of the story of Noah I hope, but I'll summarize it real quick for those who are not Christian, Jewish, or Islamic. Noah was told by god that the world of sin was going to be wiped a new and he was to build a boat to transport his family and 2 of every creature. He design's the boat and as he was told the world of sin was completely wiped out. Now this sounds like a normal story told by scripture but you must remember history to get the usefulness of the story. Christian's and Islam's get there bible from the Jew's who were enslaved by the Egyptian's for 100's of years. In this time wouldn't they have adopted there stories and potentially converted them into there own stories changing names and such to fit there Monotheistic religion? Now in the Egyptian mythology and from multiple sources, I'll just name two(The Turin Papyrus and Palermo Stone), there are accounts of the 10 god kings who came from the west because there world was getting "destroyed". It states a date 9560 (Not exact) when this happened. The story also tells of WHY it was destroyed.

A third story/scripture I will use is the Manetho's King List from the Aegyptiaca. It mentions Osiris within it which helped archeologists to decipher the names. And finally within the Hindu Mahabharata, near the end were the Island of Atala is destroyed by a massive flood.

Four completely separate stories interlocked.

(Information can be found here at www.atlantisquest.com...)

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Noah was told by god that the world of sin was going to be wiped a new and he was to build a boat to transport his family and 2 of every creature. He design's the boat and as he was told the world of sin was completely wiped out. Now this sounds like a normal story told by scripture but you must remember history to get the usefulness of the story. Christian's and Islam's get there bible from the Jew's who were enslaved by the Egyptian's for 100's of years.

There is no evidence anywhere of any Jewish people enslaved by any Egyptian people.

You shouldn't use the Bible to validate the Bible. It's incestuous.

Originally posted by VenomR In this time wouldn't they have adopted there stories and potentially converted them into there own stories changing names and such to fit there Monotheistic religion?

However, it's been soundly established that the "Noah" story came from Babylon, and originally from what most call the Sumerians (IIRC, the oldest version is Akkadian but maybe I'm wrong there - might be Assyrian.)

There's no such story out of Egypt.

Originally posted by VenomRNow in the Egyptian mythology and from multiple sources, I'll just name two(The Turin Papyrus and Palermo Stone), there are accounts of the 10 god kings who came from the west because there world was getting "destroyed". It states a date 9560 (Not exact) when this happened. The story also tells of WHY it was destroyed.

Can you link us to this? And not just some goofball running on about it. I mean to a reasonably respectable reference that backs this claim.

Originally posted by VenomRA third story/scripture I will use is the Manetho's King List from the Aegyptiaca. It mentions Osiris within it which helped archeologists to decipher the names.

And why would this indicate anything about Atlantis?

Originally posted by VenomR And finally within the Hindu Mahabharata, near the end were the Island of Atala is destroyed by a massive flood.

The Mahabharata is available in its entirety at Sacred-Texts.com. Could you link us to this part about Atala, which in the Hindu mythology is actually one of the seven levels of the underworld?

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join