It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Summarize to me the conflict in Tehran PLZ!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
As I said in one other thread I was away from people in general for some months and am just now back to urban life and have no clue what is happeneing in Tehran.

I ask that you guys plz summarize the cause of this conflict for me because this is what I understand.

The people there are believeing that the elections were rigged for Armadinejad to win so they're protesting even though no one knows who won or if it's rigged? That makes no sense.

Also why do ppl here call who ever the Religiious extremeist?

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
- Presidential elections.

- They get really nasty with lots of name calling.

- The vote should have been close with the edge being for the contender.

- Current President and the Shah of Iran pull a fast one, and declare after one hour of counting a bazillion hand cast ballots, that it was a land slide for the current douchebag president.

- People are pissed they riot.

- President and Shah ban reporters, tv, radio etc. Akmadinijad buys a new tan Members Only jacket.

- People begin Twittering like mad which gives the Twitter company a reason to exist. Which makes many smart people angry around the world.

- Republicans realize Iran is full of real people and hot women and decide that "nuking" them would be wrong. Not only because they have hot women but because they were not the sharp fanged blood thirsty Muslims they though they were. But mostly it was the hot Persian women.

- This movement pretty much puts that Israeli war with Iran wet dream back in the abyss of retardedness where it belongs.

- Republicans blame Obama for not putting on a flight suit and dropping bombs on the Shah's palace.

-To be continued.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by AllexxisF1]

[edit on 22-6-2009 by AllexxisF1]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Alright.

There were elections. THe opposing party had a HUGE following and was expected to win, if not loose by a small margin.

The results came back that he'd garnered less than 40% of the vote, which didn't make sense to much Iranians, so they protested and demanded a re-election or a re-cout of the votes.

The SUPREME LEADER of Iran, whose word is gold there, came out on and said that the elections were fine, not fixed and for people to accept the terms.

The people do not want that, they want their voices heard, so we have riots and protests going on, and the government attempting to quell that with more violence.

That pretty much sums it up.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Why does God allow this to happen man? He is evil.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This could be somewhat comparable to the Proposition 8 vote they had in California last November. Prop 8 was an amendment to define marriage in California as between a man and a woman - pretty much an anti gay marriage thing. Now the great majority of the pre - vote polls indicated that most people would vote no and stop the amendment from becoming law. These polls were likely taken in areas that were either in favor of or didn't care if gays could marry. When the vote was actually conducted, however, the proposition passed and became law. There were massive protests and are still protests to this day, but majority ruled and the law should stick whether you like it or not.

Or when Bush 2 won the election and people still say that he "stole" the election.
Not defending Bush or anything, just sayin' that whether anyone likes it or not, he did win. Well, technically he lost the popular vote in the first election but won the electoral and that's how our law works.

Regardless of how the MSM wants to portray Iran and the elections and the very sad and unfortunate protests and killings, the facts seem to say that Abanamana-whack job really did win. Regardless of what our media and government want to tell us, he is quite popular there.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Redneck from Hell

You can't have light without dark.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The CIA paid 400 million dollars for the young wannabe American youth to protest and entice violence by vandalizing people's and government property, they refuse to listen to the established authority and accept the legitimacy of the results, basically they want to overthrow the very foundation their parents and ancestors built that nation upon to impose capitalism and Western values, keep in mind that most of the protesters were bribed shills, or indoctrinated shills. This whole fiasco wouldn't have exited if the CIA wasn't trying to install itself in Iran. Well, the authorities redeemed control over the country and managed to kick out BBC (who has been caught doctoring photos, so this was a good reason to kick them out) and SOME CIA shills. However the CIA shills don't want to see their investment go sour, so every other day they get having their shills crop up to entice violence and promote chaos (you know, the American way?). And then you have Israelis on twitter lying to the world to build up towards the Iranian government, because it is confirmed that Iranians do not access to twitter and other sites over the period of these protests. Also these shill protests are a minority in the country and less than 1% of Iran's 70 million population. See, THIS is how powerful propaganda is. The rest of the world sees the truth and America and Europe think hell is being raised in Iran when its just the media once again trying to lie to their citizens by zooming in on the situation created by the CIA itself. Sounds familiar? Yeah think Iraq. This is it in a nutshell. Nothing is abnormal in the world, just the CIA at work again. Americans, be happy that I'm using CIA instead of US, even though that's your dirty organization.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by TravisYah]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AllexxisF1

I saw it a little different than your version

-I believe it was the opposition that declared a landslide victory hours into the election

-twitter accounts are created in Israel letting the world know of a rigged election in Iran.

-300 million dollars funded back in 2007 by Bush to destabilize Iran but the media forgets to mention that.

new topics

top topics

join