It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 Mistakes to help Bush remember ONE!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
During a prime time press conference on April 13, President Bush was asked to name a mistake that he has made since taking office and what he has learned from it. Bush, who was unable to answer the question, admitted "maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with [a mistake]." But weeks later, Bush still hasn't answered the question. In the interest of assisting the President with this surprisingly difficult task we've compiled this list of 100 mistakes he has made since taking office:

1. Failing to build a real international coalition prior to the Iraq invasion, forcing the US to shoulder the full cost and consequences of the war.

2. Approving the demobilization of the Iraqi Army in May, 2003 � bypassing the Joint Chiefs of Staff and reversing an earlier position, the President left hundreds of thousands of armed Iraqis disgruntled and unemployed, contributing significantly to the massive security problems American troops have faced during occupation.

3. Not equipping troops in Iraq with adequate body armor or armored HUMVEES.

4. Ignoring the advice Gen. Eric Shinseki regarding the need for more troops in Iraq � now Bush is belatedly adding troops, having allowed the security situation to deteriorate in exactly the way Shinseki said it would if there were not enough troops.

5. Ignoring plans drawn up by the Army War College and other war-planning agencies, which predicted most of the worst security and infrastructure problems America faced in the early days of the Iraq occupation.

6. Making a case for war which ignored intelligence that there were no Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq.

7. Deriding "nation-building" during the 2000 debates, then engaging American troops in one of the most explicit instances of nation building in American history.

8. Predicting along with others in his administration that US troops would be greeted as liberators in Iraq.

9. Predicting Iraq would pay for its own reconstruction.

10. Wildly underestimating the cost of the war.

11. Trusting Ahmed Chalabi, who has dismissed faulty intelligence he provided the President as necessary for getting the Americans to topple Saddam.

12. Disbanding the Sunni Baathist managers responsible for Iraq's water, electricity, sewer system and all the other critical parts of that country's infrastructure.

13. Failing to give UN weapons inspectors enough time to certify if weapons existed in Iraq.

14. Including discredited intelligence concerning Nigerian Yellow Cake in his 2003 State of the Union.

15. Announcing that "major combat operations in Iraq have ended" aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln on May 1, 2003, below a "Mission Accomplished" banner � more U.S. soldiers have died in combat since Bush's announcement than before it.

16. Awarding a multi-billion dollar contract to Halliburton in Iraq, which then repeatedly overcharged the government and served troops dirty food.

17. Refusing to cede any control of Post-invasion Iraq to the international community, meaning reconstruction has received limited aid from European allies or the U.N.

18. Failing to convince NATO allies why invading Iraq was important.

19. Having no real plan for the occupation of Iraq.

20. Limiting bidding on Iraq construction projects to "coalition partners," unnecessarily alienating important allies France, Germany and Russia.

Continued HERE, with corroborating links per item

I'm really at a loss in figuring out the break down by Bush's handlers. It must be the plate spinner analogy again: " If you start everything spinning, something is sure to crash, and after the first one, they'll ALL come crashing down".

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The list must be endless. What we must really ask ourselves is what has Bush actually done right? If you are looking at enviroment, home security, economic, war, and pretzel issues, the his record certianly aint good. A grasp of the English language would be good also .

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Plate spinner, knife thrower, lion tamer, high wire walker or clown, if you don't got the goods you are going to get found out.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
All those mistakes seem to be in connection to Iraq. Any others (non Iraq related)?

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
1. Could'nt out bribe Koffes buddies - not his fault
2. Did not want an organized standing force to oppose us later, no mistake there.
3. Clinton/Gore cuts severely crimped DoD budget - besides its not the Presidents job - that one goe's to Rummy.
4. Its not the number of troops, but border closure to keep out the foreign instigators - missed the mark here.
5. Blow things up and yes the infrastructure is damaged, but it was found that infrastructure was in much worse condition than anyone thought.
6. May I remind everyone that The axis of weenies, the U.N., The Clinton/Gore administation and even the illustrous presumed nominee (if ya catch as a waffler vs a wafflee) believed that was true and said so publicly.
7. Ignores history to such an extent as to be outlandish, ahem 9/11 changed that permanetly and involuntarily.
8. They were until foreign involvment.
9. What do want, pay for it in a year? - to soon to even say this.
10. One group seperates cost of actual warfare from cost of reconstruction - which will have reimbursement.
Another group likes to lump it all together in order to make hay.
11. If the lid breaks and pests escape from the Mud Pit and the Moderator is not around all members are on there own when the BT gets loose - run for the hills because Rant is sure to follow.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
'Bout time! It seems these forums have a pro-Bush slant, which is odd considering that ATS members should be the more intelligent web-surfers out there.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
11. If the lid breaks and pests escape from the Mud Pit and the Moderator is not around all members are on there own when the BT gets loose - run for the hills because Rant is sure to follow.

Damn straight.
But I'll cut to the chase on this one since there's nothing to debate.

BUSH SUCKS.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

BUSH SUCKS.

WOOHOO! This is why I tolerate left-wing spinned propaghanda.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
11. If the lid breaks and pests escape from the Mud Pit and the Moderator is not around all members are on there own when the BT gets loose - run for the hills

"Out to do Damage" - that's me to a T!

But given the fact that the article listed a wealth of researched links supporting why each mistake was a mistake, and why many Republican appointees of this administration have sounded the same warning bell, a certain poster having this disclaimer in their bio info does make sense."Proud Neo-conservative
Not to be taken to seriously"

That's on a very short list of things that have made sense that you've posted...keep up the good work!

On a serious note, seeing no wrong or culpability in all 100 of these blunders by the Bushies borders on serious dementia.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
BT, my parents told me at a young age not to believe everything I read or saw on TV - I think that advice holds true in reference to the links supporting the house of cards you have obviously taken as fact not fiction. Dementia huh - sorry I'm just realistic and practical, certainly not living in the land of alice where even my wishful delusions come true.
Someday you'll come back to reality - until then have a nice trip..............

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I think that when several web sites and news stations start to report something, it generally means it is true. What you have to ask yourself is whether you will accept the truth or count it as a lie.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Jeez... why does anyone even need to seek proof that these are true? The 20 that Bout Time mentioned played out before your very eyes in the last two years. Hell, past statements from the Whitehouse itself would confirm most of them. This cognitive dissonance is astounding at times.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
101. Ignoring his own fathers advice as to why Saddam should not be removed from power:

While we hoped that popular revolt or coup would topple Saddam, neither the U.S. nor the countries of the region wished to see the breakup of the Iraqi state. We were concerned about the long-term balance of power at the head of the Gulf. Trying to eliminate Saddam, extending the ground war into an occupation of Iraq, would have violated our guideline about not changing objectives in midstream, engaging in "mission creep," and would have incurred incalculable human and political costs. Apprehending him was probably impossible. We had been unable to find Noriega in Panama, which we knew intimately. We would have been forced to occupy Baghdad and, in effect, rule Iraq. The coalition would instantly have collapsed, the Arabs deserting it in anger and other allies pulling out as well. Under those circumstances, furthermore, we had been self-consciously trying to set a pattern for handling aggression in the post-cold war world. Going in and occupying Iraq, thus unilaterally exceeding the U.N.'s mandate, would have destroyed the precedent of international response to aggression we hoped to establish. Had we gone the invasion route, the U.S. could conceivably still be an occupying power in a bitterly hostile land. It would have been a dramatically different--and perhaps barren--outcome.

"Why We Didn't Remove Saddam"
The link is worth reading.
It show Bush Sr. really understood Iraq much better than Jr.

top topics

join