It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got to see the new Transformers at pre screening today..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Guys I'm not going to be a spoiler here but you must see Revenge of the fallen....Other than Mudd Flap and Skid it's a eye opener yet again in hidden messages with direct link to the crop circle on a very strange level...
Great movie guys it's going to smash the records this time I think...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
[edit on 22-6-2009 by TruthJusticeFreedom]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm taking my wife today to go and see this movie. There is some amazing special effects gone into this so I'm hoping it will be better than the first. I hate when they make a follow up movie based on the first and it is not as good as the original.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'm going to see it today.

I'm expecting 2.5 hours of stuff going boom and shiny things beating on each other.

I don't care about the story (or lack there of). I'm a Transformers fan from the original series and the story always came second to the sheer coolness of the robots (for me anyway).

And if Mudflap and Skids are as lame and as racially stereotyped as they are rumored to be I'll be pretty annoyed at Bay for (possibly) ruining what will probably be a great popcorn movie with something so stupid.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Just home from the movie.

Amazing.

Being a Transformers fan from the original series in the 80s, this movie made me so happy.

The characters actually act like they should.

Starscream is a cowardly, backstabbing rogue. Prime is good as per usual, but shows his angry side to prove he isn't perfect. Jetfire, the Decepticon traitor, is oh so very British.

The only real problem I had with it was some serious continuity issues.

A blue sports car Autobot is seen in several scenes, but is not there in others. He doesn't speak, we don't see his robot form and he never participates in the action... explain please...

The constructicons are in 2 places at once in the final battle. They are Devastator, and yet they are a few miles away attacking the NEST team. Once again... explain please.

Skids and Mudflap weren't as bad as everyone is making them out to be. Some of their lines are actually funny. Still, the movie probably could have done without them.

Wheelie is hilarious. Wait for the scene involving him and Megan Fox's leg and you'll know what I mean.

All in all I think it was a superior film to the first one.

Next movie: Everyone vs Unicron please. (Plus bring back the Dinobots and Combaticons).

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Just went and saw it! Totally awesome!!! I definitely recommend it to anyone who is interested!!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I think they set a good starting point for part 3 they put the ground work in for the Dino bots with the back story of the elders.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

The Constructacons as you said, seem to have 2 different models: The solo fighters that are in the battle vs. Sam & Prime at the end, then combo models that form up to make Devastator. Maybe explained by mulitple models of the same Constructacon.

The Blue sports car is supposed to be Jolt.
Jolt

Jolt is seen driving in vehicle mode on a highway with Ratchet and Optimus Prime. He is also seen mourning over Prime after the battle in the forest. He is in the final battle, fighting alongside his fellow Autobots to fend off the incoming Decepticons, and helps Ratchet connect Jetfire's remains with Optimus. He uses his "electro whips" to surge power from Jetfire to Prime so they can combine in the final battle.

Sequal Info:
en.wikipedia.org...

Orci has mentioned he would like to introduce Unicron "for scale's sake".[51] The co-writer also said focusing on more Triple Changers would be interesting.[180]
Before Transformers was released, producer Tom DeSanto had "a very cool idea" to introduce the Dinobots,[181] while Bay was interested in an aircraft carrier, which was dropped from the first film.[182] Orci claimed they did not incorporate these characters into Revenge of the Fallen because they could not think of a way to justify the Dinobots' choice of form,[97] and were unable to fit in the aircraft carrier.[104] Orci also admitted he was also dismissive of the Dinobots because he does not like dinosaurs ("I recognize I am weird in that department," he said),[183] but he became fonder of them during filming because of their popularity with fans.[184] He added "I couldn't see why a Transformer would feel the need to disguise himself in front of a bunch of lizards. Movie-wise, I mean. Once the general audience is fully on board with the whole thing, maybe Dinobots in the future."

It looks like Unicron will be in the next one, and with enough fan support they Dinobots too.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by MrSmith]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSmith

Thanks for the info.

The other thing I didn't get is that the doctor sacrificed a constructicon under the water to bring Megatron back to life... so technically Devastator was void from that point on.

As many have said, plot holes big enough you can drive an Optimus Prime through them, but it was still enjoyable.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

Yea, there is a lot to be desired with the plot and to be honest, the whole story line. I never thought about that sacrifice part you mention, so yea, there is another large gap.

I'll just go along with the idea that Megatron/Starscream can just go back to their home planet and whip up a couple extra Constructacons and have them waiting on the sidelines.

If it were not for the "shock and awe" of the graphics and fight scenes I think a lot more people would be talking about the plot/story problems. But as is, its really not even that important because the visuals just keep me focused on the action. And yes, plenty enjoyable for me too

[edit on 1-7-2009 by MrSmith]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSmith

Lame story, serious continuity issues, Spielburg punted, CGI crash and bash is getting very old, the acting by the principals never quite made it.

I did enjoy Linkin Park at the end.........

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I personally think they should simply re-do the original Transformers movie with modern CG effects and decent (and proper) voice actors.

Get Nimoy and the others back and do the Unicron / Galvatron / Rodimus Prime story again and I think they'd rake the cash in as well as please the diehard fans.

Plenty of action for Bay to indulge in as well as something solid to tie it all together.

Wouldn't mind them keeping the original soundtrack either (Stan Bush

new topics

top topics

join