It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shishou Mass Incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

The Shishou Mass Incident

www.zonaeuropa.com

Hundreds of baton-wielding police on Sunday dispersed protesters and cordoned off a city hotel in central China... More than 200 people were injured in the clashes between police and residents outside the hotel in Hubei province’s Shishou city....Discontent with local officials and police in China often leads to mass protests, which can gather size and force with remarkable speed. Mild frustration can turn into fury within minutes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Riots were ostensbly sparked over the alleged death of a young man at the hands of the police. Obviously deeper issues are at work as well.

The source article also includes some fascinating video clips well-worth watching. Parts are slow but skip to the action, when the croud begins to push back the body-armored shock-troops.

www.zonaeuropa.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
You Tube video here. This looks like it was filmed from an apartment above the streets. Hope that person fares well. Thanks for posting this!

Wow just wow...brave people! I do not blame them!

[edit on 22-6-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Here is an article with some depth, explaining the incidents that lead up to the protests! Here again, I can say I blame these people for what they did!

The deceased, Tu Yuangao, was the chef of the Yong Long hotel. According to the cops, he committed suicide by jumping off the roof of the building and left a note.

However, witnesses said there was no blood on the scene and Tu's body was already cold just after it hit the ground. His parents were surprised that he left a suicide note, since he was allegedly illiterate.

There are plenty of rumours flying around - that two other employees at the hotel had died in the same way, that the boss of the hotel is related to the mayor of Shishou, that the hotel was a centre for the local drug business and Yu was killed for threatening to expose what was going on. There's also a rumour that three further bodies have been found at the hotel.

It's a strange story, and it gets stranger. A huge mob, of anywhere between a few thousand to 70,000 people, depending on which report you read, quickly gathered outside the building to protect the body. Tu's parents refused to let his corpse be taken away, claiming that it held vital evidence of the crime, and instead placed it inside the hotel on ice

blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Interesting use of vehicles...

And once again.... The people appeared to be too much for them ....

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Wow some of this info takes you back for a second.. I've heard absolutely jack all about this. Will be looking further when I finish work..

(15 mins left thank god)

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
All it takes is one body.

Better watch out coppas, you aint that bad.

Edit- The cops sure are doing a lot to maintain the situation. Looks to me like all that they are doing is getting beat up on. Must be fun to be a cop this day in age

Run COPPAS RUN!

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Common Good]

top topics

join