It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FTC plans to monitor blogs for claims, payments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

FTC plans to monitor blogs for claims, payments

www.google.com

Savvy consumers often go online for independent consumer reviews of products and services, scouring through comments from everyday Joes and Janes to help them find a gem or shun a lemon.

What some fail to realize, though, is that such reviews can be tainted: Many bloggers have accepted perks such as free laptops, trips to Europe, $500 gift cards or even thousands of dollars for a 200-word post. Bloggers vary in how they disclose such freebies, if they do so at all.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.prisonplanet.com

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
"Feds To Get Power To Target Websites Making “False Claims” is the headline of another story that just broke with more info and provides a PDF file that breaks down how the FTC plans to monitor blogs. I will say that I tend to see a massive targetting of what the American people are doing or saying instead of concentrating on fixing our economy, unemployement, illgal Imagration and the crimes committed against our Constitution.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Wow. That sounds fantastic.

Where can I contact the government agents that give away all the free goodies.

A trip to Europe, some $500.00 gift cards and free airline tickets would be just what the doctor ordered.

Who believes everything they read? Not this cookie.

All those famous people that advertise everything from Exlax to Tofu surely aren't really being truthful. These people make mucho money for TV commercials.

We will not stop all the corruption.

I say, Buyer beware.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
What I want to know is where do I sign up to get paid thousands of dollars for a 200 word post. I can write 200 words just as an intro, before I actually get to the good stuff.

Still, blogging is getting to be almost respectable these days so I see no problem asking them to be professional. Journalists and reporters are held to a certain standard. If blogger's want to play in the big league I think it only fair they hold to higher standards as well.

top topics

join