It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planetary pile-up possible in next five billion years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Planetary pile-up possible in next five billion years

www.astronomynow.com

According to new simulations, the evolution of the Solar System’s inner planets' orbits could lead to a planetary pile-up within the lifetime of our Sun.

It’s certainly happened before – the formation of our own Moon spawned from the collision of a Mars-sized body with the young Earth, and the Solar System’s inhabitants are constantly at risk of a bump by a passing asteroid that strays too close. But what of planets careering around the Solar System like an out-of-control pinball game?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
OK, so the Earth has 1% chance that it may actually end in a huge explosion colliding with an inner solar system planet in the year 5000002012.

This is a prediction involving the numbers 2012 that can be made, as there's some nice little computer simulations as evidence to back it up
only slim chance though.

Shame the guys who made this simulation won't be around to to take credit for it, should it happen!

www.astronomynow.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-6-2009 by john124]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
somehow I'm just not that worried about something that only has about a one percent chance happening in over three billion years from now. In fact i'm pretty sure I wont be worried about much of anything three billion years from now.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FunSized
somehow I'm just not that worried about something that only has about a one percent chance happening in over three billion years from now. In fact i'm pretty sure I wont be worried about much of anything three billion years from now.

Yes don't be worried, I just posted this for pure entertainment purposes

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I'm Worried ! We must spend money now to fix it !!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
That's it, we must invade the Sun!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bldrvgr
I'm Worried ! We must spend money now to fix it !!

Hmm we could break a large chunk off Mars, Venus or the Moon. Maybe the change in gravitational forces would be enough to prevent this disaster. Knowing the human race we'd end up just causing a disaster!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FunSized

Not even the 125 millionth generation of your family has to worry about this.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I would imagine that by the time this happens America will have fitted a gigantic jet pack to antarctica and the whole planet will be flying around the universe, boldly going where no planet has gone before. William shatner, cryogenically frozen, will be in charge as the chairman of a committee of disembodied heads OF heads of state who got a little too carried away by reports of their own importance and deemed themselves fit too "live" forever.

I'm certainly looking forward to it but i have just one question....if i hacksaw my own head off could i get my left arm to throw said head in the freezer compartment? Or is there an alternative?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
A planetary pileup ??
Hmmmmm ... sounds to me like there's a "conspiracy" in effect here ... we should get all the "conspiracy" experts throwing their 2 cents worth in !

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I see another Government subsidized bubble comin up fellas! OPERATION "SAVE THE PLANET"

new topics

top topics

join