It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Jerusalem, The Mother Ship?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I was sitting in church. It was a very charismatic but conservative church. By that I mean they loved to worship enthusiastically, but held VERY tight to the text of the Bible. As such, they generally held closely to accepted church dogma and anything "weird" was often automatically dismissed as "not Biblical." Even though I disagree, in a way I liked that about them since it provided a very firm foundation.

This particular day something strange happened. One of the church elders stood and approached the pulpit. Being an extremely well respected and long-standing member of the congregation, the pastor gladly stepped aside since this man obviously had something important to say. The silver haired elder began by going into a short history of UFOs. The congregation was silent. Most of them were probably wondering "what in the world do UFOs have to do with the Bible?" I know I had brought it up with some of them, and they just kind of rolled their eyes like I was nuts. But this was a church elder, not some new guy like me who had been attending the church less than a year. I'm not sure they knew what to think.

Before long, he opened his Bible and read the following passage from the Book of Revelation:

Revelation 21:2 (NIV)
I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

Of course, he was implying that the new Jerusalem was, for lack of better terms, a giant spacecraft. Even more than that, he went on to propose that it was already built and waiting to fulfill its mission. I heard whispers from the congregation. Had he lost his mind? Watched too much Star Trek? The problem with this is that he put the message out with a surprising amount of authority; not as a theory, but as something he was fully convinced of.

The Book of Revelation goes on to describe this craft. Ok, ok, I said craft. I know some people will take offense at that, and I've had many discussions about whether it can be considered a "spacecraft" or if it's simply some abstract magical function of God that we can't explain and simply have to accept. You can decide for yourself which explanation sounds more realistic and reasonable.

Either way, it sounds like a very beautiful place. Angels at the gates, foundations of precious stones, streets of gold. I think anyone who accepts the fact that it's real, no matter what it is, has to want to go inside and check it out when it gets here. How do you buy a ticket? That's explained after John gives the extended description of its appearance:

Revelation 21:27 (NIV)
Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.

I know a lot of people who have told me that they would love to go aboard a UFO. I wonder if they ever ask themselves if the beings aboard the UFO would love to have them aboard? In the case of the new Jerusalem, we are given a pretty short but direct indication of who is going to be let onto the most dazzling and impressive extraterrestrial craft ever known to mankind - those who are not impure, shameful or deceitful.

Hmm, doesn't this message kind of sound familiar? Seems to me that everything Jesus said, and everything Paul and the Apostles wrote in an attempt to follow up on Jesus' words, was leading up to this moment. In fact, later in the book Jesus reiterates this in characteristically colorful fashion:

Revelation 22:14 (NIV) Jesus Speaking
Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city.

As far as UFOs in the Bible, the new Jerusalem is definitely the grand finale that we all came to the show to see in the first place.

Hope to see you there.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I don't see why it is not a possibility but I can't see how anyone can be 100% convinced this is what will happen either. Would definately be a sight to see and is almost unfathomable to imagine in the world's current reality.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
If this is the case on the day of judgment the mothership will save the good and leave the rest. So the mothership is heaven?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
WTF!!! are you mad??? seriously.. you forgot some serious facts in there mate.... well.. theories, none the less, you find THAT read interesting.. lad forget revelations and read ezekial. the whole book. Honestly the whole bible reads like a bleedin sci-fi novel if you ask me. But what is this?
Precious stones.. always at the base of all these contraptions.. why do they always say that? because precious stones gleem? like.. I dont know.. lights or beacons? like those we see in the skies? Columns of smoke?? hmm like when the space shuttle takes off? angels at gates.. statues? or door sentinels that open like wings???
nice find though. I am glad Im not the only one that thinks this way.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Excellent post Joe. My personal take on the new city is quite similar - except that I gave it a spin as relating to the Great Pyramid. But like you, I also feel that the city is a UFO lightship of some kind. I feel that quite strongly, in fact. Here's the LINK.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanlee
WTF!!! are you mad??? seriously.. you forgot some serious facts in there mate.... well.. theories, none the less, you find THAT read interesting.. lad forget revelations and read ezekial. the whole book. Honestly the whole bible reads like a bleedin sci-fi novel if you ask me. But what is this?
Precious stones.. always at the base of all these contraptions.. why do they always say that? because precious stones gleem? like.. I dont know.. lights or beacons? like those we see in the skies? Columns of smoke?? hmm like when the space shuttle takes off? angels at gates.. statues? or door sentinels that open like wings???
nice find though. I am glad Im not the only one that thinks this way.

Star for you, a couple years ago I was reading Ezekiel for the 3rd or forth time and it finally clicked. I still have many questions regarding UFOs but I think I get the picture now. Enoch is very similar, he goes to a horrifying place with agitated stars, darkness, fire. And a throne of frost wreathed in flames, just as Ezekiel saw. Enoch spoke to the throne and addressed him as lord, the place was filled with other beings, angels called cherubim dressed in black.

This place or spaceship if you like lol, sounds like the pits of Hades, and definitely not a place ya wanna get 'beamed' up to. So this is the place for TPTB and criminal scumbags? I would'nt wish that on my worst enemy, perhaps these lukewarm Christians telling sinners that they are going to hell will catch a glimpse of Ezekiel and Enoch's vision. This is'nt a shot at Christians, I myself believe in the Christ of the Eternal God, who is, was, always will be. But, we still do not get the point, or the message if you will.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Some things can be so pure that they appear scary...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I visited a website recently that dealt with this very theory. The Star Trek analogy is closer than you'd think. The website compared the New Jerusalem to a Borg Cube. A further theory stated that those who become part of the New Jerusalem will become part of a collective serving "God" as an energy source for the City.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jpm06002
to find the all tru info about old city of Jerusalem Christian history
you can find here at Jerusalem Christian gift shop

top topics

join