It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes there's a god! No there isn't a god!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
"Yes there is a god, you are blind!"
"No, there isn't a god, you are stupid for thinking there is!"

These are just two examples of many from both sides. Since there are countless god religions so many names, different practices, rules, I'm just going to keep it at Theist and Atheist. God or no God, that is the question, but is it worth arguing over it to a point where it gets violent in some cases? I have been in the middle of this arguement many times, and I see it all the time on this site. It's an arguement I grow tired of hearing, and the simple answer to it, is that you cannot prove that there is a god, nor can you prove that there isn't a god. The god believer would say, "oh i've seen many miracles and I've talked to god and Jesus just last night" but that still doesn't make it true. I can believe tinkerbell is real and be convinced of it enough that she is really right there. It's along the same lines. The atheist seems to always want to refer anyone who believes in a god as stupid, unintelligent, brainwashed, etc etc and I often see it done in a very condescending way. They waste their time anyway because all they are doing is riling up the god people but not really finding much peace within themselves.

Why can't a believer from either side just believe what they want and keep it to themselves unless someone asks or it's the topic of conversation. Why the need to convert people and why bother wasting time trying prove/disprove god? We arent' going to find out until we actually die and since death is inevitable, wouldn't it be better to just coexist in harmony and just keeping your beliefs to yourself. As tiresome as the arguements can be it is very amusing to me watching people blowing a gasket over this very topic.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I know there is a god. It's not a matter of debate for me. But I realize my experience is no good for others and understand / don't care if people believe me or not. I was taught to not make myself into an authority and that everyone needs to have their own vision, but they have to seek it.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth Lumina

Well you've just about summed it up really DL !!
No definitive evidence either way on is he real or not

I don't really care dude ---don't know about you !!!
May be a fairytale--might not

I might go to hell--might not

Bible is a non-fiction book--could be fiction ????
Wow that's my religious contribution for the day--thank God ?? that's over with !!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I think it's important just because religion affects other things like people's rights, or even what scientists can or can't do or say. I think that's weird and wrong, but there are too many things that affect our daily lives that are linked to religion... especially in the medical field.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

"Yes there is a god, you are blind!"
"No, there isn't a god, you are stupid for thinking there is!"

Funnily enough your question reflects the very nature of Source or IT or God or Nothingness.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
[edit on 22-6-2009 by TruthJusticeFreedom]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
think it's important just because religion affects other things like people's rights, or even what scientists can or can't do or say. I think that's weird and wrong, but there are too many things that affect our daily lives that are linked to religion... especially in the medical field.

Because this world we live in is a micro cosim of what is to come. If killing something is against God but could help certain souls live an extra few years, then to God it's pointless.

the saints were on Earth to make it to heaven, as a matter of fact many of them, actually all ove them hated earth and wanted to go home to heaven, die early.

like st gemma. Living on Earth was a cross.

Now worldy mindsets always try to expand their lives and continue forever because of fear of whats afterwards.

Rules will prevent peoples " rights " with or without religion. God is the author of all rights. Not us.

Now as for does God exist?>

We have a Penis and a vagina that perfectly fit together, our bodies. Something like an orgasm. There is no way evolution can do this good and make it this wonderful.

something has to be behind it all. Nothing cannot make a world and put love and justice in mans hearts and create two bodies perfectly made for each other, the complexity.

it just aint happening. now like badmedia. i too know he exist for reasons just like him, and soon everybody will know, but some don't open their hearts from fear of their lifestyle, and others do.

some are confused.

And to tell you the truth OP./ All I see on ATS BTS is atheist, not all of them, but a few immature ones making post to try and delibritely say God is false. And I see Christians sharing their faith.

Because athiest have a bigger insecurity to deal with if God is true and so the defense mechenism we learned in school kicks in, and it pushed God further from their minds.

But too, I have seen some christians, in the minority though, doing the same thing. With weak faith.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The miracle is in awareness.

new topics

top topics

join