It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Bombing the moon is WRONG

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This is fundamentally wrong...... how much longer must we suffer the worlds most arrogant race's BS? Did the biggest bully in the playground consult anyone before embarking on such a scheme or is it their divine right??
totally appalled........
PEACE,
RK

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rigel Kent

i have nothing profound to add... i simply agree. wholeheartedly. fundementally.

there is a quote by Tolkien, spoken by Gandalf: "he that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel Kent
This is fundamentally wrong...... how much longer must we suffer the worlds most arrogant race's BS? Did the biggest bully in the playground consult anyone before embarking on such a scheme or is it their divine right??
totally appalled........
PEACE,
RK

Nobody's bombing the moon, Nasa are crashing a spacecraft into the moon for scientific purposes. Nobody lives there so what's the problem, and don't we drill, bomb, and do other stuff to the Earth that we live on all the time anyway.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by john124
If there are extraterrestrials on the moon, then it will be considered an act of war:

This news article states that it may be considered an act of war, and that a treaty prohibiting weapon use on celestial bodies will be broken:

macedoniaonline.eu...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

totally appalled........
PEACE,
RK

I wasn't aware that the USA was a race of people...hmm...I guess you learn something every day eh?

And as far as them bombing the moon, they are crashing a spacecraft into it, for some unknown reason. How does this affect you anyway? Or anybody for that matter?

Leave NASA to their own vices, they already have a worst enemy, it's themselves.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

totally appalled........
PEACE,
RK

Nobody's bombing the moon, Nasa are crashing a spacecraft into the moon for scientific purposes. Nobody lives there so what's the problem, and don't we drill, bomb, and do other stuff to the Earth that we live on all the time anyway.

Perhaps the UK Telegraph, scientific american and new scientist have got it wrong...... NASA are not simply crashing a spacecraft onto the surface... it is an EXPLOSIVE MISSILE. I never agreed with any nuclear testing on earth... maybe im just lame....
PEACE,
RK

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
NASA isn't bombing the moon.

If an Astronaught farted on the moon would you claim they are trying to use mustard gas to flush out the aliens?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Its bad idea #1,287

Need to get things right here on this planet before we set up shop on another one.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The moon will be fine. Luna is constantly bombarded, so I don't think one more object crashing into it's surface will do much harm.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I am all all for smashing an explosive spacecraft into the moon. This is how we learn, by testing,sampling,smashing,dismantling,and yes, blowing things up to advance our understanding of the universe we live in.

Its not like we are blowing up the moon. Just adding a crater to the 1000's of craters already there.

BOMB THE MOON!! says I.

Cant wait to see what we learn from it.

As a side note, no one owns the moon, its a big dusty ball.
Why should any Gov have to get approval from any other Gov before they do an experiemnt like this?

We do have an obligation to let other Govs know we are launching though, wouldnt want Russia or China to think its a nuke.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

totally appalled........
PEACE,
RK

How do you know nothing lives there? Its not ours to do anything like that to IMO.

[edit on 6/22/2009 by mblahnikluver]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

The moon is not a planet.

I'm sure if there are aliens up there and our crashing this thing is going to harm them, then they will do something to protect themselves.

They live on the moon. They are more advanced then us, they can protect themselves from falling trash.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I dont think we need to bomb or crash anything into the moon. It's not ours to do this to! How do we know nothing lives on the moon? If something does then we are hurting their home for our own selfish reasons....whatever those may be. Not like NASA will tell the real reason why they are doing this. How would we like it if a race from another planet crashed or bombed something into our planet to test for things? Well would would freak out of course.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Those aliens in roswell smashed their aircraft into the earth.

This is payback.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

The moon is not a planet.

I'm sure if there are aliens up there and our crashing this thing is going to harm them, then they will do something to protect themselves.

They live on the moon. They are more advanced then us, they can protect themselves from falling trash.

Yeah I know the moon isnt a planet, dont know why I typed that.. I will fix it. Yes if something lives there they probably can protect themselves but does it make it right?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Yeah but was that on purpose?? I dont believe so.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Really though, this is crying over spilled milk. The moon gets hit by things on a daily basis, just like earth does. This won't be any different.

Just something else hitting the moon, who cares? Won't effect you, won't effect me, so therefore, there is no need to worry about it is there?

And I'd love to see the country who said no the USA when it came to stuff in space. That wouln't go over too well. Actually...there would most likely just be a chuckle and then akward silence.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by jd140

Yeah but was that on purpose?? I dont believe so.

You don't know if it was on purpose or not though.

Just like you don't know for sure if their are aliens on the moon or not.

You assume they are up their, why not assume they put a hole in our ground on purpose?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The primary purpose of the impact is to confirm the existence of water ice on the Moon. The presence of water has been hinted at by data from the Lunar Prospector in 1998 and Clementine in 1996.

LCROSS carries no explosives. The impactor will strike the moon at a speed of 5,600 mph. The impact is predicted to create a crater about 30 meters across and 3 meters deep. Because it lacks an atmosphere, the Moon is subject to a lot of impacts, many a whole lot bigger than this. The only thing special about this one is that we know where and when it will happen and will be able to train a lot of instruments on the impact point.

lcross.arc.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
There are millions of bad things happening on this planet right now, with people. Some even get bombed. And you are consider fundamentally wrong American/NASA "race" bombing some giant rock in the space???
You see those numerous craters on the Moon? It is not NASA. It is meteorites and scores of those meteorites delievered much much much more energy in their collision then NASA can.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join