It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Nintendo is Bothering Me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I own a Nintendo DS Phat. It's fine, I don't mind, but I'd like it to be brighter and my option would be the DS Lite. They just came out with DSI so I was like, hm, it will be super cheap to trade in and get a Lite because everyone wants a DSI now. Here's my thinking:

I love cameras and web browsers but I'm getting a new digi cam anyway, and I have an iTouch with web browser, so why would I need a DSI? But the real reason I'd never buy the DSI is... WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GBA SLOT?

Whose bright idea was it to remove that feature? What, no one plays GBA games anymore? I honestly was disappointed that no one ever decided to stick a GBC slot on the DS. I would buy it. I would marry it.

I have a Mac now which means all my PC games aren't worth anything to me, and I am not about to go buy Mac copies of all of them. Thanks to an Amazon gift card I just bought about 7 games for my handheld. But see... I love GBA games. I like them better than DS versions because I'm just NOT into touch screens. EVERYONE loves touch screens but I despise them. It reduces gameplay for me. I just dislike them. I even bought an Env2 just because I'm so fed up with touch screens. I don't use things for more than one purpose, either.

I don't use my iPod as a phone. I do use my phone as a camera, but I don't use my phone as an MP3 player. I don't like to use my gaming console as a web browser or recording device or camera. That's what I have a laptop/phone/iTouch for. In ten years there will be only ONE device. I don't like that!

I would love to have a sleeker, brighter DS. I want a Lite. But seriously if everyone is running out to get a DSI for $180, why are they still selling the DS Lite for $110? Even if I trade in, I only get a $20 discount. And yes I have a few games I could sell... but still. I would even consider the DSI if it still had the GBA slot. But I gave away my GBA two years ago, or lost it, or it's in the downstairs closet somewhere and I just haven't seen it. Whatever. But I like GBA games better than DS games and yes, I still play DS games. But I want both. Together. With a brighter screen. For a reasonable price, since there will be a new system out in a year ANYWAY.

I'm sad that this means all future DS systems will not be GBA compatible. I'm sad that in a few years, GBA will be obsolete and I'll be stuck with a friggen touch screen.

/rant.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I know what you mean.

I'm sticking with my DS Lite.

My main reason is that 3 out of my total of 4 games are reported to not work on the DSi at all... and they are DS games :O

I've been wanting to get into some vintage GBA games too, but they are so expensive lately. Like antiques.

To get one of the classics (like Pkmn fire red) off ebay it is like $50AUD... way too much.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

I wish I had a Lite. I don't know why the price hasn't dropped. And I was all excited to borrow my boyfriend's GBA until I remembered, right, that the GBA isn't backlit, only the SP is. And the SP is like a lame DS with no touch screen.

Ughhhh.

new topics

top topics

join