It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Blast Radius of your City ! -Must see

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Well since I live about 20 mins from the Cape I am screwed...Time to move I think

Yeah this is a pretty freaky site. S&F though.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Look- it doesn't matter WHERE you are if a nuke hit. Between fallout, the electrical grid going 'poof', riots, the military shooting anyone who so much as sneezes at them, food and water being poisoned... More riots.... Mass panic... MORE riots...The whole country would be a smoldering pile of plastic inside of 3 weeks.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Actually with the advent of technology most nuclear warheads have become much more accurate with CEP's

I think those maps are displaying idealized damage radii rather than CEP accuracy. It appears that the algorithms don't take optimized burst height into account, though, which will vary with the type of damage one wants to create. Optimized fallout radii demand a ground burst, to create the fallout, while optimized thermal or pressure damages will have a higher burst height in order to maximize the line-of-sight radius or overpressure radius for a given yield.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this. I was interested in figuring blasts for Dallas, Tx and how they would effect me in the suburbs. I'm ~20 miles out of downtown Dallas, so unless a 50 megaton comes heading my way, I should be in the clear. If a nuke went off, I'd still be heading up north a bit more to stay with my uncle for a little while. The remaining cities would go lethal, plus the fallout. Just best to stay out for some time.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Wow, so if I get wind of an asteroid hit in the US, this simulator says I just need to get out of the US...wow. I will keep that in mind haha.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SharkBait

ok that was scary, Manchester would be pretty much annihilated in a 1.4mt attack.. a 15kt would wipe out downtown but wouldnt do much past downtown.. (that's comforting lol!)

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SharkBait

ok that was scary, Manchester would be pretty much annihilated in a 1.4mt attack.. a 15kt would wipe out downtown but wouldnt do much past downtown.. (that's comforting lol!)

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Wow this actually pretty cool, i know where to duck and cover now

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Interesting, yet disturbing... Good post though. Although, it is nice to know that the 50mt will annihilate dc...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SharkBait
www.carloslabs.com...

This is a kinda sick site- but if you go onto the site type your city name , then at the Bottom select the type of weapon and then just right of that press Nuke it!

Like i was saying "sick" but maybe might save your life if you have Knowledge of where not to be.

Don't forget to flag me if you like this

Although this is a VERY interesting and humbling site, I must ask, does the creator of such ever take into consideration the knowledge that this sort of tool provides to Terrorists?

As for the saving of ones life, yes, this might aide that somewhat, but you must also consider Wind Patterns to a tremendous degree (In terms of Radioactive fallout), and Pressure Systems (High Pressure allows for less build-up and Upper-atmospheric dispersal). Terrain is also a HUGE factor as well.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by resist2012
Interesting, yet disturbing... Good post though. Although, it is nice to know that the 50mt will annihilate dc...

How exactly do you mean that it is "Nice" to know such a thing? While we are on this particular subject, where might you happen to be located?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well I know were I live I am boned, there are two primary targets within 5-10 miles of me. And for some of the primary targets being out in the middle of no were, those are probably missile silos or radar sites. Primary targets would be Rail Hubs, Industrial Hubs, Military Bases, Missile Silos, Radar Sites, ect. in case anyone is wondering, personally I would like to see what are primary and what isn't since the list I have is several years old lol

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
mwahah Even the Tsar bomb cant touch me!...the asteroid well,thats a different story..

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
OK, newb question. I used the highest yield nuke. An asteroid? We're all pooched.
Is there a higher yield than what's in this test?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I guess I must be a "little sick" because I had some fun with it. I really got a kick out of the asteroid impact scenario. Makes the rest of them look like match heads.

By the way, even if you were outside the blast zone, all heck is still going to take place everywhere.

Peace

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I live in belfast and my estate is just out of the radius of a little boy and a fat man but lets just say theres no running from the asteroid

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Any city with industrial, petrochemical, medical supply or other essential facturies is a primary target along with all cities housing military bases or universities involved in defense contract work (like UCF here in Orlando) or airports that can be used by military or civil defense planes. State by state maps are available at this site and were providef by FEMA:

ki4u.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

So how is life on the International Soace Station? Seen any reptilians? LOL

(Watch out for space rocks though....)

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
We weirdly mentioned about this once in class, if there was a bomb dropped at uni in Aberdeen, I would be safe out here but then again the soil around the uni is very sandy LOL

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Wow that's scary I live in Denver and I was not too surprised to view the estimated results of a nuke going off here, I hope my basement holds up

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join