It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faster than light propulsion using STS-75 evidence

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

No Prob...

Let me ask you guys this, john Hutchinson has been known to be somewhat of a crackpot because of his lack of college background and his inability to reproduce his experiments. I don't know what he is doing now, but his work originally was done in his own apartment, right it the living room. But none the less, his work has been confirmed, (provide sources tomorrow-gettin late) in the effect that it is possible to "change mass" from one state to another using high frequency electromagnetic fields. I am 99% sure this is the same process in which the Philadelphia experiment was conducted-Although "they" were searching for a different outcome (invisibility).

Basically,,,applying that same principle would (in theory)allow mass to actually turn transparent and become mass less-like a photon. This in turn would allow a craft to go well beyond the speed of light speed of light. Photons have been demonstrated to go beyond the speed of light barrier as stated here.
Sunday times
UFO evidence
Space.com

You see, it takes very little energy to move something that has such little or no mass such as a photon. In the Sereda video, he hypothesizes that these "objects" are actually in that state of high frequency energy.

So my question is this. If photons have been proven to beat the light barrier, could a ship do the same, if its frequency was amplified to be in a mass less state?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I also just wanted to add that, this is a unique way of propulsion that is far different than using worm holes or bending spacetime.

Using the galaxy clock by Sereda, he shows (theoretically) that you would be able to break the light barrier and would not need giant worm holes or have to bend spacetime (which takes an unbelievable amount of energy) to cross vast distances.

That is why this form of propulsion, is very interesting to me.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Overload

While Hutchinson has created some spectacular results, I have to wonder what kind of effects a mass reduction would cause on a living system. The heart beats in response to the amount of mass/weight on the body. Make that zero( or something close to it) and would our heart quit working? How would blood flow in a zero mass environment. Better yet, how would our body's natural EM field be affected?

[edit on 22-6-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Even if we have the capability to travel that fast now, there is no way to do it safely (collision with objects). And that would be an even bigger problem to solve. Maybe quantum computing can help a bit with that, but i dont think it will do the job.

Anyway, i like how Sereda presents his stuff. Who knows, maybe he is right but probably not.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Overload
Matter can be converted to energy ....

As well as energy being converted to mass....

Via E=mc2

But umm...I think the main point here is that mass can also resonate at different states. And that is the main focus here.

This is the crux of the matter. Phage is half right when he says matter can be annihilated or converted to energy--only the conversion part is correct.

matter/energy are the same thing, as Einstein realized. just in different states.

Water/ice/vapor is a good analogy for matter/energy/light. You wouldn't say that ice can levitate or that you could put your hand through it with ease, but as water vapor it can fly, and as liquid water its solidity breaks down.

It's all a question of state change.

And just looking at E=mc2 tells you that energy is on another order than mass. I know little of the workings of quantum mechanics and sub-atomic particles, but whatever it is that makes up a photon, and whatever forces bind them together, and whatever constitutes the constituants of the photon and the binding force--in essence, when you burrow down through enough levels of magnitude--you'll find yourself confronted with infinity, with no speed limits at all.

Also, surprising here that no one has yet mentioned the recent experimental evidence for faster than light travel; unfortunately, my mind's a sieve for details and I've forgotten nearly everything about the lab set-up and who did it, other than that they were able to record a displacement that showed ftl travel.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by gottago]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
reply to post by fls13

Seems we have a little ways to go... at least in main stream..

What is known about tachyons, theoretical particles that travel faster than light and move backward in time? Is there scientific reason to think they really exist?

www.scientificamerican.com...

But on the other hand...

“We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity….. anything you can imagine we already know how to do.” - Ben Rich, former Head of the Lockheed Skunk Works

So it makes it very hard to know what is really going on

this frustrates the living crap out of me because these idiot Politicianand governments keep destroying the world with their fossil fuel economy, and have their middle east buddies's "back" and we the public sit with the stuffed up environment and broken world, when they already have the means to make a better place to live. and there is honestly nothing we can do to bring these issues, technologies and benifits to light!
...Give me a Politicianso i can BEAT him UP!!!
....whoosa

[edit on 23-6-2009 by GerhardSA]

[edit on 23-6-2009 by GerhardSA]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Even if we can reduce the mass to almost zero i still dont understand how you would be able to propel the mass-less object faster than light.

I think we would be wasting time trying to reduce mass for FTL travel as we dont have any way to propel anything to that speed even something with almost zero mass.

Is it true With standard propulsion you can only go as fast as the speed of the ejected material?

To me manipulating space seems like the only logical answer.
And for that type of travel why would you need to reduce the mass of your craft as your moving space and not the craft so mass wouldnt make a difference.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

I could not agree with you more on this subject, the idea of reducing me to a non-mass state seems a little scary. However, with regards to non-living things, it seems theoretically possible.

And who says the craft will be "manned" so to speak. I do understand that is the whole point; to be able to put a human inside one of these crafts, but at this point, maybe only possible with unmanned craft.

But once again, I totally agree, and am very interested on the effects on bio-mass

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
You guys should check out the patents of Nikola Tesla and read the book 'The lost journals of Nikola Tesla' by Tim Swartz.

All this stuff is around and has been possible in general. Just because humans hide stuff and take a long time to figure stuff out doesn't mean it isn't there. It just hasn't been 1. Found or 2. Made public.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Cygnific

If you mean to be able to make course corrections in transit, this is totally possible(in theory) because you have zero mass, inertia is a thing of the past.

This is why I believe this type of propulsion is the key because wormholes and the bending of space do not take into account the inertia that is still involved. These "objects" have been seen making 90 degree turns at impossible speeds.This would not be possible unless they had some way of stopping the inertia from effecting the ship(and pilot) and keeping them from splattering against the inside of the craft(if the craft itself could take it).

If your ship was in a non-mass state, I believe(theoretically) that you would be able to make turns at high rate of speed, go from 0 to 3,000,000 miles an hour in the blink of an eye. And make any course corrections you see fit. I think it would just be your navigation that would have to be able to "see" that far ahead of you going at 3x the speed of light.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gottago

Also, surprising here that no one has yet mentioned the recent experimental evidence for faster than light travel; unfortunately, my mind's a sieve for details and I've forgotten nearly everything about the lab set-up and who did it, other than that they were able to record a displacement that showed ftl travel.

shows that light pulses can be accelerated to up to 300 times their normal velocity of 186,000 miles per second.

Are you referring toDr. Lijun Wang

or maybe

Dr. Raymond Chiao, professer of physics

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity….. anything you can imagine we already know how to do.” - Ben Rich, former Head of the Lockheed Skunk Works

I could not agree with you more Zorgon.

But, the government is not the only one of being capable of creating new types of propulsion.

Yes, they got the funding, Yes, they will harass these scientists and these new technologies, But I believe sooner or later. Civilians will come up with the same idea they have had under wraps for a long time.

Look at Einstein, most of his brilliant work (or ideas ) was done in the patent office(on the clock).lol

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Overload]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SvenTheBerserK
Even if we can reduce the mass to almost zero i still dont understand how you would be able to propel the mass-less object faster than light.

I do not know how exactly we would Propel the craft as well, but I recognize the fact that if you were "mass-less" a variety of propulsion is now available that was not before because it takes very little energy to now move your craft. You do not need 20 tons of rocket fuel to move your 30 ton craft (just an example,I don't know the actual weight)

I think we would be wasting time trying to reduce mass for FTL travel as we dont have any way to propel anything to that speed even something with almost zero mass.

It has already been confirmed that we can get photons to go faster than light speed, to me, its just a matter of time till we can incorporate that into our zero-mass craft. But, as it stands right now. This area of study is far more capable of progression, because it deals with energy's that we are capable of. Using worm holes and bending space requires HUGE amounts of energy,(something like 20-30 suns energy for year, will get source if you want it). That is why I believe this type of travel is more logical.

Is it true With standard propulsion you can only go as fast as the speed of the ejected material?

Yes, this is true. However, using electromagnetic fields(light) or ion drives or something similar,are all in the fast as light category. This would at least be able to propel you to the speed of light-which by the way is a monumental feat.

To me manipulating space seems like the only logical answer.
And for that type of travel why would you need to reduce the mass of your craft as your moving space and not the craft so mass wouldnt make a difference.

You are correct, that you would not have to(in theory) be zero-mass if you could manipulate the spacetime around you.
Let me say that a couple of months ago, I totally agreed with you. I also think that this is the next best step as far as FTL travel, but it still does not take in account the inertia or the energy required. It takes a HUGE amount of energy to be able to manipulate even a small section of space. Now i'm not saying this method is not possible, with a little anti-matter -and matter who knows what one can accomplish. But, for now, this method seems to be (to me) the best method of FTL travel.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Thank you for answering my questions,star for you.
I forgot about the ion drive,that combined with almost zero mass woud be a huge and logical leap in propulsion.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I know there is a lot of debate over what these "objects" are, but just play along for sake of argument.
Lets just presume that the "objects" on STS75 are some kind of craft for a second.

David Sereda has a theory of what these pulsating waves coming out of them are.

And gives his theory to explain.....

I do not know what the "objects" are or claim to know. BUT, this seems to be a working theory on how and why these "objects" are emulating this wave. Please do not just dismiss the idea before you even ponder the mechanics of it. I really do think there is some basis for argument here. I know a lot you guys are against DS because of his books and stuff. But none the less, he brings up a valid argument in these videos.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Greetings Overload,

Perhaps these organism contain piezoelectric crystal which emit High Frequency Gravitational Waves when hit by x-rays from the sun, and can generate energy from cutting through Earth's magnetic field.

generating HFGWs with piezoelectric crystals and x-ray lasers

Along with using HFGWs to maneuver in orbit, these critters could also use photonic band gap crystals to generate attractive and repulsive magnetic forces.

The presence of these crystals may account for the pulsating which is seen with the Tether Optical Experiment Camera.

This effect may be rated to the emission of HFGW Jerks- pone of the properties of photonic crystals is that they re-radiate energy as light in the lower bandwidths...

The density of these organisms appears to be quite minimal.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Greetings right back at ya,

Well, I would have to say thanks for that new angle on things.

While we are all limited to just observations and cannot actually test our theories(on these "objects"), it kinda makes it one big crap shoot, but none the less, that is a very interesting theory and I will look more into it.It had not occurred to me that these could be biological entities. Edit: Testing high frequency resonates with matter and taking it to a different energy state-is very well with in our capabilities.

However, it goes deeper than just merely emanating pulses, in several of the STS footage these "critters" seem to be appearing out of nowhere and then disappearing back in to oblivion. What is your take on that, if I might ask.

That is where it gets interesting, as using the HFEF theory(high frequency electromagnetic field) is being shown through the use of a "gravity clock" that these "objects" are doing more than just pulsating, but actually raising there energy state to such a level that is not visible with the current camera in use, and they appear to actually be disappearing, when ( I think ) they are just moving to another energy level, higher than the Ultraviolet spectrum.

Of course,,,,its all IMO

But thanks for that new look on things, I try to have an open mind about all possibilities.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Overload
.... these "objects" are doing more than just pulsating, but actually raising there energy state to such a level that is not visible with the current camera in use, and they appear to actually be disappearing, when ( I think ) they are just moving to another energy level, higher than the Ultraviolet spectrum.

Perhaps this has more to do with their minimal density than it does phase-shifting, which is quite exotic. Simpler explanations can account for this lack of visibility in certain parts of the spectrum.

Many deep sea creatures are completely invisible until they begin emitting visible light using their own photonic crystals, use bioluminescence or made to reflect projected light.

Heck, these things could even consist of primarily of plasma. It is marvelous.

Edit:

I don't much like Sereda anymore. Have you seen "From Here to Andromeda"? - what a nut

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I downloaded the David Serada vids a while ago and I agree with what he says. He's a clever guy. He talks about various NASA UFO vids and his theories definately do make sense. In the Tether STS-75 vid NASA describes the objects as debris. Ha Ha no way in hell boys. NASA must think the sheeple of Planet Earth are thick as 2 short planks.

UFO's are real. But what are they is the question? Spacecraft or Creatures?

The UFO I witnessed getting chased by a fighter jet was definately real. But try to get NASA and the US government to disclose the truth? No chance.

David Serada in my view is right on the button with his theories.

That's my opinion of course!!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Once again, another point that is interesting. I wish I had the proper tools to prove or disprove some of the things we come up with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join