It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA moon bombing violates space law & may cause conflict with lunar ET/UFO civilizations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

NASA moon bombing violates space law & may cause conflict with lunar ET/UFO civilizations

www.examiner.com

The planned October 9, 2009 bombing of the moon by a NASA orbiter that will bomb the moon with a 2-ton kinetic weapon to create a 5 mile wide deep crater as an alleged water-seeking and lunar colonization experiment, is contrary to space law prohibiting environmental modification of celestial bodies. The NASA moon bombing, a component of the LCROSS mission, may also trigger conflict with known extraterrestrial civilizations on the moon as reported on the moon in witnessed statements by U.S. astronauts Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong, and in witnessed statements to NSA (National Security Agency
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I searched this story out prior to posting, so if I am repeating another post, I do apologize.

Am I missing something here? Are we as a nation willing to break international "space laws" all in the name of research? ie: the search for water...or proof that existed sometime in the distant past???
Or are we:
1) Trying to hide something up there, specifically on the "dark" side of the moon?
2) Possibly excavating the landscape in effort to expedite a construction project?
3) Triggering a potential true World war...or in this case... War of the worlds???

This is all just a little too much for me a swallow in the midst of global financial crisis/meltdown...

www.examiner.com

CX

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I honestly think that the US, UK most of the worlds governments will not care about a few laws if it gets in the way of thier objective.

I watched an interesting documentary on BBC4 last night about the moon. I'm more concerned about the moons movement being affected by any large forces against it. That could have a knock-on effect on us.

I'm on the fence with this one. I appreciate that we may have to carry out certain actions to enable us to explore and maybe one day populate other worlds. Part of me just wishes they would leave the night sky alone, not damage it, not wreck it like they have done here, and most of all, not lay claim to anything.

CX.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

may also trigger conflict with known extraterrestrial civilizations on the moon as reported on the moon in witnessed statements by U.S. astronauts Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong, and in witnessed statements to NSA (National Security Agency

Now this is an interesting part. It states there that they know of ETs, and them being on the moon. Are they going to let something out on the coming days to october 9th?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The crater may be the beginning of ...

but seriously what was that about

known extraterrestrial civilizations on the moon as reported on the moon in witnessed statements by U.S. astronauts Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong, and in witnessed statements to NSA (National Security Agency

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by glimmerman
...may also trigger conflict with known extraterrestrial civilizations on the moon...

Like other members, that part stood out to me.

So I looked into a bit and found this:

ufos.about.com...

That is part one. Scroll down to the bottom to be taken to part two. Repeat the steps to read all 4 parts.

I have no idea if that is legitimate. Just wanted to pass it along for more information.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
5 miles wide?! that's a HUGE explosion! HUGE!
that's a little spooky.
i wonder if that's enough bang to re-adjust the moon's orbit?
wow...
wow...
wow...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by glimmerman

Lazy journalists should be tied to the back of a car and dragged screaming to the nearest Community College and enrolled on a journalism course pronto. The guy that wrote the article must have patched it together from every hokey website he knows. It's littered with errors, false facts, lies, speculation and dumbed down nonsense. Whatever happened to 'Check your sources?'

I can tell you're being 'tongue in cheek', but others might take it as truth. Let's add a few FACTS for those without your sense of humor....

When the rocket stage, which at 5,100 lbs. (2,300 kg) has roughly the mass of a big sports utility vehicle, slams into the lunar surface at a steep 85 degree angle, it will be hurtling through space at about 5,590 mph (nearly 9,000 kph). Although there is a fair amount of uncertainty as to exactly how big an effect this impact will have, Colaprete estimated it will toss up roughly 770 million pounds (350,000 metric tons) of debris into the sunlight, carving a crater about 12 feet deep (4 meters) and 80 feet wide (25 meters). Impacts of similar size happen roughly three or four times a week on the moon.
Crash & Splash: NASA Probes to Dash Toward Moon

If I crash my car into another car...will I be charged under the Anti-Terrorism Act with 'bombing' the vehicle? What's a 'five mile wide deep' crater? Aldrin and Armstrong haven't said the quotes he claims. A 'witnessed statement' is meaningless...doesn't mean it's true just because it's witnessed!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

that's more like it. thanks a ton for clearing this up for everyone to see.
maybe the moon will now have a ring.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
lol do you really think a kinetic bomb blowing up a deserted piece of moon land will affect the aliens there in any way shape or form???
we seriosly think way too much of ourselves... if it does in any way even remotely threated a "colony" the probe\missle will simply disapear before it gets there.....This is really turning into a joke..... and the aliens must be lauging there arses off because we think a catapault will somehow dent there infrastures.. lol IT WONT EVEN SCRATCH IT

[edit on 22-6-2009 by thefreepatriot]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by glimmerman

I searched this story out prior to posting, so if I am repeating another post, I do apologize.

This makes the 3rd post I've seen on this topic.

Well the real reason could be anything you mentioned, or it could be the real reason is the one NASA is telling us, to find water. That seems the easiest and simplest so I think I'll go with that one (even though it's not as much fun to talk about, though it will be exciting to find water on the moon!)

And thanks to those who corrected the actual size of the impact crater, there sure is a lot of misinformation on this topic.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Ok, first of all, as far as the public or 99.9999% of the world is concerned, the moon is a big dead dust ball. There are no alien bases on the moon.
Now if there is a cover-up about alien bases on the moon, then its pretty much a darn good one because you can look outside and see the moon for yourself with telescopes etc and see that nothing is there, minus the dark side of course.

I have read many threads about bases and the like on the moon, but I don't believe them, and even if there was bases on the dark side of the moon, thats not the side we are going to test for water anyways.

We have been smashing into things all over in our solar system, and no ET has come forward to tell us its in violation of some galactic law, at least not yet, and if the gov was covering up some intergalactic federation that wants us to be a part of it, do you really think we would be bombing the moon to anger them? I don't.

Humans are not that dumb, we have a hard enough time fighting our own wars on the planet, we arn't going to be picking a fight with ETs in space. Thats just silly!!

I do leave open the possibility of relics of some sort on the moon though, but not active bases, logic and reasoning overtake my thoughts of fantasy on that one. And even if there was a base on the moon, if it is not a human base, as far as I would be concerned, the moon is OURS. (the human race's)

bomb the moon!! I wanna watch it.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Darkblade71]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Any connection to the french astronaut trying suicide screming earth must be Warned ??

Just asking, she must have some thing to warn us about .

i wanna add this quote I just found :

'' Norio Hayakawa says that a conditioning of belief systems has been orchestrated since 1947 by a manipulative force that is preparing mankind for a near future mysterious scenario. Both Area 51 and Dulce, New Mexico will play a role in that scenario. He will discuss the alternate realities that co-exist alongside the physical images of these locations. ''

Huu. and this..

'' Victoria Liljenquist - Double Orb Vehicles appear consistently, substantiating Victoria’s message of the 2nd Earth which is arriving now.''

[edit on 22-6-2009 by ChemBreather]

[edit on 22-6-2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Which is really why I posted this... more in the form of a question...I was looking for reasoning...not to add conjecture...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Are you friggin kidding me? May cause conflict with Lunar civilizations? Show proof...one tiny, itsy bitsy sign of proof that there are lunar civilizations.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The moon gets new craters every day. Is another one going to make that much difference? I don't think so!

As for the lunar "civilization"... yeah right! Add me to the list of those who want some proof that there is one

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
the source is garbage, so i'm ignoring this story until a better source emerges.
the blast dimensions can't be right, surely??

good digging

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

Are you friggin kidding me? May cause conflict with Lunar civilizations? Show proof...one tiny, itsy bitsy sign of proof that there are lunar civilizations.

Hey there, I didn't write the story...

new topics

top topics

join