It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Come on, let's just admit it. We haven't a clue....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuchisthedoggy

You are correct and well put. However, I would posit you this question, in all respect:

How do you know what is true?

How do you know what isn't?

Because it's easier not to believe it? Because you just *know* it? You could go over the question of what is true or not infinitely and still not come up with conclusive answers, because as human beings we're really limited in our perceptions and ability to know all the answers. That said, we do have this thing called self-consciousness and are able to observe our world and from those repeated observations make educated guesses. The educated part is key though -- whether you are claiming something as true or false. That was kind of my point.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I try and remind myself each day that I know NOTHING. Life is a continuous learning experience and we change our world views as we consciously evolve.

What you thought the world was in 7th grade is no more. Just like the world view changes radically every 50 years or so, so does yours. Holding on to any belief to tightly will hinder your growth.

Admitting you know nothing opens up your whole world to surprise and wonder. We create our own realities, so do you want to focus on doom and gloom? Because all that will do is make the universe show you more of it.

What we focus on grows and spreads out into your life like wildfire. Once you know this, you will drop your pre-concieved notions and let the world amaze you.

Great thread

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuchisthedoggy

Ball of Dirt.

Dark.

Cold.

Fast.

F*****

Fun :-)

<< 1  2   >>

join