It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackadder Pilot (1982)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I just found out that a pilot show for the first Blackadder series exists. Apparently it was never broadcast in England. Needless to say, it ended up on the net (unfortunately on streaming media), and the links to it are at the end. I haven't been able to watch it yet (I'm downloading it first - I hate streaming media), so I can't say what its like, but heres some info to be going on with.

You will straight way notice a few changes to the cast list. The most important one being the actor playing Baldrick - it's not Tony Robinson (image right). Other noticable changes are the actors playing the King, and Prince Harry ...

It is basically the episode "Born to be King" from the first series, with some noticable differences (apart from some of the actors).

Edmund has the same mannerisms as Edmund Blackadder (in the second series)
He sort of looks like him (without the beard)
He certainly talks like him
The script is fairly close to the broadcast episode. Although there are a few jokes that were kept for other episodes.

More here

Because of the format of their URL names, I can't use BB Code to include the links. So anyone who wants to see the pilot should go here and look in the Sounds, pictures and video clips section (Watch the original (pilot) episode).

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Wow, I thought I'd seen (and purchased) every drop of Bladders.

Thanks for the link, I'm watching it now!

Whibble.

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by Zzub]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I second Zzub's feelings, thanks alot Pisky. More blackadder I say...

join