It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Summer of Hell. Change is upon us.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I think very few people fully grasp the consept of climate change can happend in our life time, it just seems to unreal, after all , this is supposed to take place 100's and 1000's of years apart..

Let us just say we are at the end of that cycle, some say we are and the evidence I think is showing it self more and more clear...

We have things that is not in our contol that is going thru its changes, and there is nothing we can do about it, and I must say: It is not our fault..Not the cars.

I have a couple of stories for you here just to try to show you what is in store this summer and next..

Source Link

About 200,000 people were affected by the storm in Fujian. Of those, 130,000 had to evacuate the area. The storm also flooded 32,000 hectares of cropland and destroyed 100 houses in southern parts of the province, a spokesman with the Fujian Provincial Flood Control and Drought Relief Headquarters said Monday.

Tornadoes pepper Iowa, but no injuries reported

The National Weather Service also reported flash-flooding in Keokuk and Iowa counties.

There is a slight risk for more severe storms tonight, with additional chances of storms on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, the weather service said.

Temperatures this week are expected to be about 90 degrees or higher, with humidity in the 60 percent to 70 percent range.
The scorching heat comes after a milder-than-average lead-up to summer, said Mindy Albrecht, a weather service meteorologist.

Michigan storms spawn 3 tornadoes, darken 119,000

As much as eight inches of rain fell in the Holland area, and there was widespread flooding in the western Lower Penisula. The National Weather Service issued flood warnings for the Grand River and other rivers and streams for most of the southwest quadrant of Lower Michigan.
The weather service confirmed Sunday that three tornadoes touched down Friday night in Allegan and Kalamazoo counties, destroying or heavily damaging three homes and several other buildings. No injuries were reported.

Cleanup work continued Sunday as utility crews worked to restore power to those still blacked out by the storms.

CMS Energy Corp. had about 12,000 customers off-line at midday Sunday out of 119,000 who lost power, said spokeswoman Harmony Nowlin. She said the vast majority would have service back by midnight.

Tropical Storm Andres strengthens off SW Mexico

Late last night, Andres became the first named storm of the Eastern Pacific hurricane season, which began May 15 and ends November 30 and is typically busiest between July and September.

Andres was a late arrival. Forecasters say it's been 40 years since it took so long in the Eastern Pacific season for a named storm to come along.

Warning: Floods likely in Mumbai

BMC has already planned to keep the schools closed on 24 July 2009 since the tide level is record high of last 100 years on this day. Mumbaikars are, therefore, requested to cooperate with the administration by restricting their movements and certainly not to take their vehicles out on the roads these days.

Also, please advise your friends and relatives outside Mumbai not to plan a trip to Mumbai on these days. Pre- warning helps one to be prepared for emergencies. Emergency Preparedness helps in preventing personal disasters. Be prepared to take care of your family, especially the children.

This is just afew atricles of to day , this is the same over the globe, unusual this, above normal that.

Remember we are propably going to deal with Pandemics as well as this weather.
Please read up on Prepardness of this if you live close to the shore or close to places where things can happend...

Here at my place, both friday and saturday we had an humongous Back in the air.
It was just one realy loud Bang, lasted 10 to 20 secs I'm sure.

It was over cast but not a storm, and on saturday , it started to hail pea-sized iceballs..

- please stay on the alert, small things to help you being prepard dosnt kill any one.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I always tell folks to be prepared just in case. Last week the news said nothing but I looked outside and it was getting really black and nasty looking. So I told the kids to get shoes on and everyuthing, just in case. Only after everything had passed through. And we had a good 45 minutes of terrible high winds, and hail, as well as lightening bringing down trees around the house. Did the local news all of a sudden put out a warning for our area. A bit late, dont you think?

So yeah this year is bad. We just had some of that major heat and its still way to early in the year for that. I have a bad feeling we will see hurricanes this year here in NC.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
We only have 130 years of accurately recorded Daily weather patterns.

I love how its now "Climate Change" and not global warming, were in a pause now....lol. Climate is not measured over decades...its measured over centuries and millennia.

No offense, but all I see in your posts is, well, weather.

cheers

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I second the poster who mentioned the short period of time we have been recording weather. Weather is weather, sometimes it's warmer, sometimes it's cooler. It's summer, it's supposed to be hot! When it's winter, it's supposed to be cold! Of course this doesn't apply to people who live in warm all year around regions as well as cold most of the year places, but you know what I mean. I'm just tired of the fear mongering toward "global warming" or now "climate change". If you have ever read any books that were written before 1800, you'll hear how strange the weather was back then. No offense, but this thread is pretty pointless, seeing as this topic has been discussed to a point where I think everyone is actually glad Bush part II rigged the election, so that Al Gore didn't become president. Also, I think everyone on ATS is probably tired of the word "Change". lol just saying.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Remixtup

Weather yes,
that is my point in the thread, the Weather is an result of the changing climate, call it global warming, it doesnt change a thing.

And I think there is NO harm in prepare just a little, do you ?

top topics

join