It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blogger to face court over call to 'take up arms'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erastus
reply to post by Blaine91555

He's a prick! No question! He should at least have an ankle something. You do not threaten unless you're willing to do the deed. He's looking for other folks to do his dirty work. If a guy like that lived in my town, I would consider burning his house down. Sure, that might be emotional, but it's true. I don't like Big Gov coming around, and saying who's bad, but come on. That's just common sense. He's a threat and needed to be delt with. A bigot is just that, a bigot. He hates anything that is not White. It's sad these folks still exist. I would really like to kick him in the face but, that's not me. Maybe I could milk his mouse. That sh*t hurts!

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Erastus]

How are you different from him? A threat of violence, aired in a public forum....

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
The constitution gives us the right to defend ourselves from violence, not use them to incite violence. Government may only be abolished through peaceful means. This is clear in our constitution.

You mean like if we all ignore them, they'll just go away?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
"The constitution gives us the right to defend ourselves from violence, not use them to incite violence. Government may only be abolished through peaceful means. This is clear in our constitution."

uhh... if thats what the constitution really meant i think the founding fathers, after having won freedom in the country without fighting the revolutionary war at all, would have stated that...

sorry havent figured out the quote thing too well lol

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Well...the constitution IS the supreme law of the land...

So if you break that law, you SHOULD be punished...

Since that is what our government is against (breaking the law), this blogger is only supporting what our Senators should be.

It would like my saying that if a murderer doesn't get the death penalty, then it should be the citizens hands...while it may be illegal to say that - it is "fair" when the law can not do it on its own.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Taylor
"The constitution gives us the right to defend ourselves from violence, not use them to incite violence. Government may only be abolished through peaceful means. This is clear in our constitution."

uhh... if thats what the constitution really meant i think the founding fathers, after having won freedom in the country without fighting the revolutionary war at all, would have stated that...

sorry havent figured out the quote thing too well lol

Just a helping hand, use the quote button located next the post you would like to quote or type:

[(quote)] in the beginning
and at the end of the quoted text use
[/(quote)]

NOTE: i used () brackets so i can show you the type, you obviously delete the ()brackets when your going to post quoted text from someone.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by tristar]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Personally I feel very strongly about my rights and duties as an American Citizen. By the powers invested in me declaired in the founding documents of the USA, I have every right to take up arms against a tyraneous government. In fact the Declaration of Independance requires this in the event the government becomes tyraneous and dictorial. There is nothing at all they can do to me and if they wanna try, they're gonna have to catch me first, and I am very quick even having a foresight of things.

I would be proud to be inflicted by said tyraneous government for such reasons as restoring my rights unto myself and other Americans. If they want to trample the flag and my Constitution then yes, I would kill the enemy who stands in my way. At the time I have no weapon or organization to fight with, but that will change with time.

I believe that revolution is in the air and that it will come even if some are taken by the government. That will just fuel the burning hearts of those not taken and incite a greater revolutionary change. I will not watch my words, I have specific rights of free speech and will exercise them fully.

I also am a born leader with an iq high enough that makes the government worry. I have been called by Washington lawmakers before concerning warnings I have issued. I am one who developes my actions by first talking myself into a corner. This forces me to act upon my words, which I always do eventually.

In junior high school I became the star football player by simply stating that I could run the ball better than the current running back. The other kids quickly replied, prove it and I proceeded to take the football and run over every single last one of the players on the team, with the biggest and baddest linemen coming up against me last. I ran him over too, and after that he was my number one blocker.

Point is, not everybody that is going to move into action is quiet. Personally, I need to declair my intentions boldly first so everybody then forces me to make good on my claims. This is how I am motivated, and I am quite capable of anything I will claim.

Presently I am not aware of an organization to get involved in and will not be a lone gunman, for that gets one no where but dead and nothing is changed. There was a revolutionary group at the forming of our USA called "The Sons of Liberty". I feel the time is coming for the Sons of Liberty to return Liberty back unto the land.

I can be Paul Revere if you will and we can get our country back with much blood and sweat. The key to this is organization and numbers of people in said organization. Corruption has engulfed our nation crippling our freedom. Presently I disregard many of the laws of the land because they are completely Unconstitutional. The only law I keep are the Bill of Rights, Constitution, and Declaration of Independance. State code is completely Unconstitutional garbage for the most part. No authority can tell me what I can and cannot put in my body like food and drugs, that is not in the powers of the government to control my life like that.

Traffic laws are more logical and I obey them because an accident can hinder the freedom of another. But they have no right to make us pay for a priveledge to drive, or pay for insurance. We have rights not priveledges and the moment we bend a little they take a lot. Look at what is happening today in America at an ever increasing pace.

If we fail to begin organizing now then in a few years it will be too late, there may still be revolution, but not one that can reap the desired effect. We want our freedoms back now, and we will only get there by first organizing peacfully. Also remember it is also our God given right to form militias of our own. We don't have to join the military we can legally and literally form our own. This is a vital step if revolution is to be made. Don't forget that revolt against the government is not illegal at all when they are by definition tyraneous.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

Blogger to face court over call to 'take up arms'

www.msnbc.msn.com

HARTFORD, Conn. - A blogger is due in a Connecticut courtroom to face a charge of inciting violence against state lawmakers.

A judge is expected to arraign Harold "Hal" Turner of North Bergen, N.J., in Hartford Superior Court.

The 47-year-old former radio talk show host, who now broadcasts commentary on his Web site, urged his blog readers earlier this month to "take up arms" against Connecticut lawmakers and suggested government officials should "obey the Constitution or die."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Your tax dollars at work. This whole exercise will probably cost 200k by the time it's finished. Who gives a toss what some no lifer has to say on his blog. Could the priorities of our nation be anymore screwed to hell? I don't think so.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
In my opinion Hal Turner went way over the line of freedom of speech, had he used lees threatening vocabulary in his blog he would not be dealing with this. As others have posted he seems to be trying or hoping someone else will do his dirty work for him while he gets to claim freedom of speech.

Even though he had a false allegation against him, he did in fact give the home address to those Conneticut lawmakers that he felt should have violence brought against them. I listen to some of his weekly radio shows on occasion and he is racist and bigoted by no stretch of the imagination. Callers have nailed him on it and he usually hangs up on them and calls them names, laughs about it and goes on with his shenanigans.

I believe the whole attempt at this time is to shut him down financialy if possible, if failing to do that it will be a kangaroo court for him; in which there is no way to win, fight you lose, win you lose. If by some wild chance he was to get cleared of the charges, I would be willing to bet there would be an accident which would be fatal for him.

This will most certainly be used in the future though for freedom of speech cases win or lose.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
All i can suggest is that if you want free speech but do not believe you are being allowed it then come to the U.K..

We allow everyone from outside of the UK to come here, set up home and claim financial backing for anything they want. Moreover they can say what they want about us, our religions, our politicians, our monarchy and us as individuals and they are seemingly untouchable by the law.

We on the other hand, and by "we" i mean anyone that was living here more than 10 years ago, cannot march, protest, raise a valid point or write a letter without the fear of being pounced upon, sacked, villified or socially castrated.

Our right to free speech must have slipped out of the back door of the house of commons 10 years ago whilst the EU were marching their better, straighter, non flammable and safe for kids right to free speech in through the front door before the eyes of the press.

Yeah, all of you, feeling hard done by?

Make your way to Britain and experience true love (but just dont expect it to last too long).

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
this guy is not to brite. Bloggin and talking are the same thing these days.. so its like he is starting a roit. He needs to go to jail for not thinking right

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
Where is the governments proof that this mans writings are more than just thoughts? Does writing down an idea pose a threat? If a man fantasizes about about a co-worker is he jailed for rape? Yet when a man fantasizes of killing people, it is now a threat?

This isn't rocket science LordBaskettIV. It's easy.

The man can think all he wants about violent over throw/assassination of local politicians. He's free to think that. He's free to write it down for his own personal reading.

However, when he begins vocalizing or publishing those thoughts into communications for other people/followers to act on those thoughts, then it becomes a prosecutable offense.

For example, if you had a daughter, it would be illegal for some man to start telling his followers, "You should rape that man's daughter!!!"

You wouldn't like that, would you? No, of course not.

You wouldn't defend that man's "right" to free speech to say that. And the law is there to protect YOU and YOUR FAMILY from "free speech" like that because it could in fact lead someone to attempt that crime.

Now, if that same man wishes to quietly think that to himself, he's free to do so and no one is attempting to control his thoughts.

So the law is quite clear about that matter: think what you want, but as soon as you attempt to get other citizens to commit a crime you open yourself up to prosecution.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by harrytuttle]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

I don't agree. If I had daughter, she would own a gun, like any responsible american. People are allowed to defend themselves. Until someone is actually attempting something, you are jailing people based off of thought crime.

Ranting to others and wishing for people to point a weapon at someone, and people actually doing it are two different things. I don't care if someone says they want to cut my neck open, until they actually try, no real crime has been committed. And if they do, I have ample tools to defend myself.

A threat holds no water unless it's actually carried out. You can not preemptively jail or incarcerate when no real crime has yet to be committed. Where is the evidence? I'm sorry, they havent done anything yet!

[edit on 23-6-2009 by LordBaskettIV]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join