It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blogger to face court over call to 'take up arms'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
Did any of you guys read my post because I think it is one of the pieces to the puzzle here. This is clearly a First Amendment case and that the Supreme Court ruling mentioned in my post if applied to this case will get Turner off the hook.

I am in no way condoning his violent spiteful rhetoric but he may be protected by the First Amendment in this particular instance. So what do you guys think? Oh yeah, let me play devils advocate here; what do we do when the electoral process breaks down and we can no longer redress our grievances in that fashion?

Beyond a shadow of a doubt, that was a correct assesment of the situation, but correct or not, the prevailing political climate in the halls of power may view it differently, to his detriment. IF it goes to the USSC, and IF they take precedent into account, that ought to be the end of it.

As for the electoral process breaking down, I'm of the opinion that it has already broken down, our grievances ARE no longer being redressed, and all the machinations to fix it are being done under the table now. I'm not referring specifically to the last election, but to the past several elections. This last one just served to highlight the problem. America was presented with a Hobb's Choice, and both major candidates were preselected by TPTB for malleability and ideological compliance. In the end, the money won.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
IM all for free speech but i am glad they got this numpty. He i advocating the killing of people. Lock him up and throw away the key!

That means you advocate free speech as long as it aligns with your philosophy, which in the end is not free speech at all.

There's folks in this world that desperately NEED killin'. Lots of 'em. Of course, I wouldn't presume to specify whom, or even specific types.

That might not be in alignment with your philosophy.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
In a democratic society, does anyone believe we would be allowed to take a vote to abolish the Federal Reserve, and maybe the IRS too? Does anyone believe that we could vote away even the federal government and their control over our very lives? The PTB is already working on deciding on many aspect of our lives, and how much all that will cost us. Take health care for example. Take the piece of land you're living upon. A politician decides how much (via property taxes) that it will cost you for the privledge of living on your home planet, Earth. Can we vote to abolish that? I don't want some politician/dictator telling me that it is going to cost me 8 grand for the right to live on Earth, and if/when I refuse they send their gang bangers with guns to take away my god given right to live on Earth!

Has anyone seen that 5 monkey video? How many of you are they way you are and believe what you believe about this so-called democratic society because "well, that's the way things have always been". ??

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Nope, haven't seen the 5 monkey video. Got a synopsis?

Also, I'm old enough to know that this ISN'T the way it has always been.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Sadly, if there is ever a revolution in this country, it'd be an annoying one. There are so many people dedicated to serve Obama. It's sickening and very upsetting.

I get the feeling if I tell my friends protestors are now considered domestic terrorists, they'd probably reply with "why would you protest Obama? He's doing so well."

No idea what to do anymore.

Obama needs to be taken out of the white house. Now.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Its a trap?

In 2008, Turner was exposed as an FBI operative. “Hal Turner, rising in fame as the most blatant hate talk radio host, self-proclaimed neo-nazi, antisemite, racist who hinted at the need to eradicate Jews — turns out to have been fronting a typical FBI COINTELPRO sting operation,” writes Richard Evans. Hackers managed to gain access to his forum server and revealed correspondence with an FBI agent who was apparently Turner’s handler.

The outcome is important because we see what they'll do because of it, however...this appears to be 'staged'.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

This guy was wrong.

Think about it. He should have said "Or you will face legal repercussions".

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Could be Hal is a tool being instigated to create a social image of the blogger gone wild. Down the road when others are scooped up for less the public will be paying less attention via guilt by association. All the media will have to say is "Another" and people will turn a deaf ear.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
I get the feeling if I tell my friends protestors are now considered domestic terrorists, they'd probably reply with "why would you protest Obama? He's doing so well."

Why does it have to revolve around Obama?

What if your protesting Al Qaeda and Terrorism. Does it still make you a terrorist?

Aha. This is the Achilles Heel!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

IM all for free speech but i am glad they got this numpty. He i advocating the killing of people. Lock him up and throw away the key!

That means you advocate free speech as long as it aligns with your philosophy, which in the end is not free speech at all.

There's folks in this world that desperately NEED killin'. Lots of 'em. Of course, I wouldn't presume to specify whom, or even specific types.

Yeah, well it takes a hammer to the head to wake up most. Do we really think this is going to be peacefull? These guy's will kill you! They don't care about you! Why should you care about someone who would kill you and your own? Grow some ball's and fight back, however you can. Do it in secret like they do. Be smart about it. Many, many fires have been won with fire. It's not a bad thing. If you think you can win this with a vote, well, I guess you're lost. They can shoot you in the heart, and you still cry freedom? Will mine and everyone else's tears drown the wicked? Can I bury my child without hate? If you touch mine, you bring back half a limb...bet on it.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Harold "Hal" Turner quotes:

1- "advocates Catholics in Connecticut take up arms and put down this tyranny by force. To that end...we will be releasing the home addresses of the Senator and Asemblyman who introduced [the bill]."

2- “It is our intent to foment direct action against these individuals personally," Turner wrote in his blog. "These beastly government officials should be made an example of as a warning to others in government: Obey the Constitution or die.

“If any state attorney, police department or court thinks they’re going to get uppity with us about this, I suspect we have enough bullets to put them down, too.”

3- "we may have to assassinate some of the people you elect on Nov. 7.”

4- "I am looking for volunteers from the Klan, Aryan Nations, Nazis and Skinheads to join me in Baltimore this weekend for some good old vigilante justice. We will ride the same buses where the attacks took place, looking for the perps. If we find them - or any other upity [sic] negroes [sic] looking for trouble - we will 'take care of business' vigilante-style, in the street. See how the negroes [sic] like it when they finally face the original 'Boyz in the Hood.'"

5- "CRAZED JEW SHOOTS CHRISTIANS! KIKE WALKS INTO DENVER CHRISTIAN MISSION, STARTS SHOOTING. HUNT DOWN THIS FILTHY KIKE AND STICK HIM IN AN OVEN!"

6- "I advocate SPITTING ON JEWS when anyone sees them on the street. Let's all start spitting on jews [sic] immediately. I myself am doing it starting today. In fact, I think we ought to line up outside every local Synagogue every Saturday and spit on the jews [sic] who enter. Then spit on them again as they leave. If this behavior is good enough for jews [sic] in Israel to do to Christians, then it must be good enough for Christians to do to jews [sic]. Let's get it done."

7- "DEAR JEWS AND OTHER NON-CHRISTIANS AS WE APPROACH THE CHRISTMAS SEASON, PRACTICE TOLERANCE….," Turner wrote: "Anyone who goes after Christian seasonal celebrations will be made to answer to us... We don't want to have to show up at anyones [sic] house as they're coming home or leaving, to beat the hell out of them on their own front lawn; we don't want to have to grab anyone on their lunch break at work and break their legs, crack their skull open with a baseball bat, or burn down their home or office. We certainly don't want to have to take up sniper positions outside quiet residential areas in the dark of night with high powered rifles and put a rifle shot through anyone resting comfortably in their home. Whether or not any of that happens this year is solely up to you. Leave us alone and we'll leave you alone. Pick on us --- and we may feel compelled to f--king destroy you."

8- " I ask the People of the State of Nevada to travel to Senator Reid's home and make clear to him the price of betraying our sovereign Will. I ask the People of Nevada to send Senator Reid the kind of message he cannot mistake….Don't think I'm talking out of my ass either. The last time I focused on a federal official like this, it was US District Judge Joan Humphrey-Lefkow of Chicago. I commented on my show that one of her rulings made her worthy of being killed. Some time later, someone broke into her home and slaughtered her mother and husband. The killer ultimately took his own life rather than be arrested, so there was no way to ever know if I actually influenced him to kill. Do we really have to test that possibility again? I'd rather not; but I recognize doing so is a tool available to me."

9- "And I think that we have arrived at a time when one or more of these 44 (later amended to 52) defiant U.S. Senators needs to get cracked in the skull with a baseball bat, needs to get a bullet through the brain. They have betrayed us AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN. IT IS TIME FOR SOMEONE TO PAY A PRICE AN EXAMPLE TO THE OTHERS.…"

10- " Turner wrote, "I have all the home addresses of folks in Congress, the Senate, the President's Cabinet, as well as all the Federal Reserve Board of Governors, all the jew [sic] Boards of Directors of the biggest banks and investment houses in the country. . . . where they live, where they go to temple. . . . I intend to bring such a # storm down on these people that history will record what happens for all eternity! When these people are finally made an example of, others throughout eternity will dread doing what they did fearing the same result. If I play my hand right, what I achieve could make the Holocaust look like child's play."

11- "Jews love to complain about the 'Holocaust.' Let me tell you, there was no Holocaust in World War 2 -- but rest assured, there most certainly IS GOING TO BE a holocaust. I look forward to participating with zeal."

There are plenty more I could put on this post. What kind of sick piece of human garbage is this guy and those who support him must be just like him. I knew he was bad, but until I started researching him I had no idea. He makes me want to vomit.

The threat of violence is called Assault and the act is Battery. Assault is a Felony he seems to have been getting away with for a long while now.

Pardon me while I go vomit.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

He's a prick! No question! He should at least have an ankle something. You do not threaten unless you're willing to do the deed. He's looking for other folks to do his dirty work. If a guy like that lived in my town, I would consider burning his house down. Sure, that might be emotional, but it's true. I don't like Big Gov coming around, and saying who's bad, but come on. That's just common sense. He's a threat and needed to be delt with. A bigot is just that, a bigot. He hates anything that is not White. It's sad these folks still exist. I would really like to kick him in the face but, that's not me. Maybe I could milk his mouse. That sh*t hurts!

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Erastus]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
Its called freedom of speech.
If we cant say what we like on our own blog sites and just resort to not saying anything at all then "they've" won. Fight for your rights.

Inciting violence (crime) is a long held exception to Freedom of Speech, among several others such as obscenity, defamation, breach of the peace, "fighting words," and sedition

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Actually, it has always been like this. Remember the communists. Well, the government was fine if you wanted to talk about communism but, if you tried to get people involved in a plot (no matter how farfetched) to overthrow the government and change the nation into a communist nation, you would be put in jail.
I'm not surprised. There plenty of legal precedent from the 20s or 30s on. This is America. Also, Hal Turner's full of it.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The constitution gives us the right to defend ourselves from violence, not use them to incite violence. Government may only be abolished through peaceful means. This is clear in our constitution.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The blogger went over the line. I'm sure he was just venting anger, but no one wants to kill a fellow countryman.

If it gets to an armed revolution, we've proven in our Civil War that we can be bloodier than any other country in killing our neighbors. If the lead starts flying, left against the right, there's lots of pent up rage against the other side. Lots of proactive attacks would happen if you believed one household down the street was plotting an armed invasion of your family.

Nobody here wants that escalation. Nobody wants to see the United States of Bosnia.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erastus

Originally posted by nenothtu

Yeah, well it takes a hammer to the head to wake up most. Do we really think this is going to be peacefull? These guy's will kill you! They don't care about you! Why should you care about someone who would kill you and your own? Grow some ball's and fight back, however you can. Do it in secret like they do. Be smart about it. Many, many fires have been won with fire. It's not a bad thing. If you think you can win this with a vote, well, I guess you're lost. They can shoot you in the heart, and you still cry freedom? Will mine and everyone else's tears drown the wicked? Can I bury my child without hate? If you touch mine, you bring back half a limb...bet on it.

You haven't read very many of my posts around here, have you?

[edit on 2009/6/23 by nenothtu]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry

Why does it have to revolve around Obama?

What if your protesting Al Qaeda and Terrorism. Does it still make you a terrorist?

Aha. This is the Achilles Heel!

lol that's true. what if you wanna protest Fox News?

can you imagine being arrested and charged for terrorism...all because you protested Fox

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

The threat of violence is called Assault and the act is Battery. Assault is a Felony he seems to have been getting away with for a long while now.

Pardon me while I go vomit.

Nope. The threat of violence is "communicating a threat". An ATTEMPT at violence that misses is "assault", and an attempt at violence that connects is "battery".

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." Taken from the Declaration Of Independence.

Firstly this world needs to acknowledge that its not any more civilized than it was 200+ years ago. the founding fathers were for all intents and purposes were domestic terrorists. and i for one have no problem at all with that

secondly: I think, that when the time comes when TPTB tell a soldier or agent that " we will hold your family if you don't follow orders, which are to protect us and our political way of life." that kinda changes the game wouldn't you think? it would surely then be a time when bullets take precedents over ballots.

Hal maybe all these things, but the heart of his message is that, you cannot make change without action. words and votes can only do so much, especially when a politician can throw money at an election and ensure his political career is safe.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

that is what it comes down to

oh and:

"there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now high chancellor, Barrak Obama. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent." Taken from V for Vendetta, except for the obvious change

God Speed to you all..... that's right who evers watching, I brought god into it. come get me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join