It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blogger to face court over call to 'take up arms'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Blogger to face court over call to 'take up arms'

www.msnbc.msn.com

HARTFORD, Conn. - A blogger is due in a Connecticut courtroom to face a charge of inciting violence against state lawmakers.

A judge is expected to arraign Harold "Hal" Turner of North Bergen, N.J., in Hartford Superior Court.

The 47-year-old former radio talk show host, who now broadcasts commentary on his Web site, urged his blog readers earlier this month to "take up arms" against Connecticut lawmakers and suggested government officials should "obey the Constitution or die."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Careful people in what you write, we all know this is becoming far to frequent now, so keep you head screwed on and don't get over emotional.

I guess, this put many people in the same predicament who have stated similar or identical posts through ought any site.

I wonder how they would feel about the various conspiracy ideas put forward by individuals. Could that classify you as an enemy of the state ?

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Yeah, that's what it's all about now. The big upgrade last Friday on ATS could be part of the surveillance upgrade for FBI,CIA, government spies spurred on by Napolitano's Extremist Report. Watch out, they're gonna getcha my pretty!!! And you're little dog too -

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
good thread ,and a very interesting one indeed.we have to much of ourselves in the open domain of communication that can be copied and used against us if need be . watch what you say to who where and when.
star for you

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Its called freedom of speech.
If we cant say what we like on our own blog sites and just resort to not saying anything at all then "theyve" won. Fight for your rights.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Sounds like the crap going on in Iran....no wait this is America ....or it used to be.
Too late for most of us.....will this court decision be the start of the revolution?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
But im not under the law of United states, i basicly can speak for u guys, what do u want to be heard about in a blogg?....i can make one ^_^

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Calls to protest are one thing.But encouraging the use of firearms probly is illegal and dangerous.Like that guy that killed the museum guard had some wacko website.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Its ok for the Governments of the world to say " We must take up arms to put down insurgents and terrorists and 'protect' our way of life".
But as soon as the 'insurgents and terrorists' are in Government then they make the rules harder or near impossible to want to 'take up arms'.
You all should know that even thought you ( we ) are all disappointed and disallusioned with our Governments they will make it harder and harder for us to get rid of them.
They will make loopholes and laws to keep you all in your place, you either had better get used to it, or if your going to take action , don't tell them first, just go and do it.

Otherwise if you are going to 'take up arms' and shout the " you should all join me" nonsense then you might as well try and make an appointment to see your local congressman first and tell him of your intentions. Then get arrested and make a total failure at bringing postive action to your cause. It'll just make you look like a nutter and a lone gunman .

Do things sensibly, if your gonna blog , then watch what you are saying, give the right message , but ffs , do not give any threats that say " change or your gonna die", you won't achive change by being in prison.

Try to get as many people together in a peaceful manner , and just overrun them with the people, we should be better than them and NOT have to resort to violence to change our world.

[edit on 22/6/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

oh geez no resort? damn why cant i make a new Cuba .....

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Same person : Here we go people, now we can see why this person has been target amongst the million of other similar blog submissions or sites forum submissions.

Blogger faces charges over violent posts

n July 2007, however, Turner, who has been labeled an anti-Semite and a white supremacist by the Southern Poverty Law Center, set his sights on New Haven.

He urged listeners to take violent action against illegal immigrants in New Haven, as well as Mayor John DeStefano Jr. and city lawmakers, over the Elm City ID card that was available to all residents, regardless of legal status.

Summer 2007 was a tense time in New Haven, after several dozen immigrants were arrested by federal immigration agents and the ID program went into effect. The program focused the national spotlight on the city’s welcoming approach to illegal immigrants; hundreds lined up daily at City Hall to apply for it.

“Perfect opportunity for drive-by shooting using a machine gun! I would laugh if a slew of patriots got in their cars, drove up to the New Haven Municpal Building with machine guns and ammunition, and opened fire on the lines of Illegal Aliens standing there,” Turner wrote on his blog.

“In my opinion, the illegal aliens deserve to be killed and so does the Mayor and City Council of New Haven Connecticut for siding with the illegals,” his July 27, 2007, blog says.

www.nhregister.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Okay, I'm now calling everyone to print m like governments do.

Everyone, print m and be merry!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
There are those that are watching and listening and saying nothing. These are the ones that are making preparations for what is to come. There is movement afoot that is neither seen nor heard unless by a select few. Yes they know these people are out there, but where to find them? The patriot movement learned a lot in the late eighties and nineties. They will use it to their full advantage.

I don't care much for Hal Turner but I do care for his right to say his mind.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

edit: for content

[edit on 22-6-2009 by reluctantpawn]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
What Hal said was not in the context of eminent lawlessness (e.g. infront of a group of gun toting militia), and no one acted upon it. Case could be dismissed on this alone.

/mo34kh

If you have a read about it there - from the horses mouth, you will understand more. He was also held briefly under a false charge. I highly doubt the charges will hold against him.

[edit on 22/6/09 by GhostR1der]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Well were all in for a wild ride. Like i wrote, it makes you think what you have posted over the years or months be used against you.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
Its called freedom of speech.
If we cant say what we like on our own blog sites and just resort to not saying anything at all then "theyve" won. Fight for your rights.

Well the case is that freedom of speech doesn't remove you from the legal consequences of making a threat.

You won't be accused of saying something that was banned, you will be accused of threatening someone with bodily harm...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
Same person : Here we go people, now we can see why this person has been target amongst the million of other similar blog submissions or sites forum submissions.

www.nhregister.com...

Well, I believe Connecticut is also a stop for Puerto Ricans, who are definitely citizens of the United States. Thing is, I doubt a bigot like this could tell the difference-- not that murder is justified in either case. Based on what my girlfriend (from PR) has been through at the hands of scum like this, I say they can do what they please with him.

Funny thing is, after one like this stated that she should go back to where she came from, among other more colorful statement, explaining that she isn't illegal and is in fact a citizen because she is froms PR, he said, "I know. I don't really give a [snip]."

Disgusting.

Edit: clarify my pronouns

[edit on 6/22/2009 by EnlightenUp]

[edit on 6/22/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

There are all from's of people out there, its just trying to avoid the one's you know will cause you harm.

Either way, if what he posted is true and the article seem's to state that, then he can be held accountable.

Lets not forget the man who threatened Obama and was charged if im not mistaken.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Well the case is that freedom of speech doesn't remove you from the legal consequences of making a threat.

You won't be accused of saying something that was banned, you will be accused of threatening someone with bodily harm...

This is the sort of situation where even if he doesn't act out himself, he knows that someone, somewhere will in fact do so, probably after an economic hardship of some nature while still hyped-up on hatred.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
reply to post by EnlightenUp

There are all from's of people out there, its just trying to avoid the one's you know will cause you harm.

There is often no advanced warning. The political climate during the previous administration seemed to give them a sense of security as they had a (false) sense that their behavior had support by the prevailing powers. Since the changeover, things have calmed a bit personally-- not entirely but it is better on a day to day basis. With the economic situation, the acts may be fewer overall, but possibly more extreme when they do happen.

More than anything, it is why I wanted things swept clean of Republicans. Whether or not the left-right dichotomy is a farce to confuse the sheeple is irrelevant; the energy is different depending on which dominates.

Either way, if what he posted is true and the article seem's to state that, then he can be held accountable.

Not all staunch second amendment supporters are friends of his sort of character. He actually brings to light one of the reasons it is required.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join